UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 5

Thread: Good news on my facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by agriebel View Post
    So it sounds like if you wanted to go to 7.62x39 it would require a custom bolt and carrier.
    I think it would only require a 7.62x39 bolt and barrel swap, plus a possible change of springs and/or buffers. I believe they are using a standard bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by agriebel View Post
    So it sounds like if you wanted to go to 7.62x39 it would require a custom bolt and carrier.
    It would seem to me to convert a Max11/15 would require a 7.62X39 AR bolt and barrel using AR style 7.62X39 mags. To use AK mags and drums would require a lot of custom work and submission to the Tech. Branch for a determination. With enough money, most everything could be done, but I would guess such a modification would double the cost of a Max11/15 if you could find someone competent to do the work.

Scott

Not sure if this has been answered elsewhere. But, I am on the list for the buffered version. Is there a separate list for the non buffered version? Are the spots transferable? I would prefer not to drill a hole. But then again, I do know that it can be fixed. Plus I want to be the first one on my block with the new upper!!

UZI Talk Supporter

From Lage's website:

BATFE Tech Branch has approved both versions of the MAX-11/15 06/13/2018:
    We have received our determination letter from the BATFE and they have approved both versions of the MAX-11/15! We will start production right away and hope to have the first 20 ready in a few months. After the first run we will increase the quantity of each run with the goal of doing a minimum of 50 per 4-6 weeks. Since both versions were approved you will be contacted a month or two prior to the run that you are going to be in and we will ask you which version you would like (AR Recoil System or Internal Recoil Mechanism). There will be no price difference between the two options. The price for the MAX-11/15 will be finalized when the first production run is completed but it is estimated to be $2,995. We estimate to reach the end of the current list in approximately 18 months. We will continue to post updates of the status on our website.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottinTexas View Post
    From Lage's website:

BATFE Tech Branch has approved both versions of the MAX-11/15 06/13/2018:
    We have received our determination letter from the BATFE and they have approved both versions of the MAX-11/15! We will start production right away and hope to have the first 20 ready in a few months. After the first run we will increase the quantity of each run with the goal of doing a minimum of 50 per 4-6 weeks. Since both versions were approved you will be contacted a month or two prior to the run that you are going to be in and we will ask you which version you would like (AR Recoil System or Internal Recoil Mechanism). There will be no price difference between the two options. The price for the MAX-11/15 will be finalized when the first production run is completed but it is estimated to be $2,995. We estimate to reach the end of the current list in approximately 18 months. We will continue to post updates of the status on our website.
    Thank you!

Are the upers DI or piston driven?

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stoyan79 View Post
    Are the upers DI or piston driven?
    DI

Richard,
    Do you have a listing of the final configuration of the 11/15 listing all the features (stock, forearm, gas block, etc.)?
    I thought you had previously posted it, but I sure can’t find it.
    Thanks.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JP87 View Post
    I Should be in the first batch for the m11/9 and I can't wait. But the possibility of the IRM working in the m11a1 has me really excited. Max11a1/15k anyone...

HK53k-esque?
    Cool mock up. Nice job.

That M11A1 concept looks great. I think it would look even better with the Lage rifle stock and without the thin AR handguards.

Richard should eventually design a foregrip that matches the rectangle upper receiver like his Max-11 ones.
    Last edited by strobro32; 06-19-2018 at 01:00 AM.

+ Reply to Thread