UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: mp40 stamp came

Any hints/suggestions how to tighten up the play in my BNZ42 stock?

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Billman View Post
    Any hints/suggestions how to tighten up the play in my BNZ42 stock?
    is the stock the same setup?

for mine---in the end i had a gun smith use silver solder and tweak it

but i had it pretty darn good before that....the loosness around the button can be fixed with feeler gauges....take the gauge and see which 2 fit above/below the button...then cut off the back section that has the hole in it (the hole the screw that holes all the feeler gauges together).....then run the pin for the button through that hole with a gauge on top and bottom...eliminates all slop around that button.....

i also got a new bushing from a friend who grabbed a couple off ebay...i was able to file the bushing to match the stock arm.....not perfect, but close...

i bought a parts kit....took the stock off of it..i found the stock was tweaked (bent)...i could barely get the pin into it..the arms were bent outward..when i put the shoulder piece into it i had to pull each arm together..this put friction on the body of the gun...

took my gun from flopping freely 1"+ to not moving at all when flopping and almost having to be forced to move and then only 1/4"

ive got around 1/4" still...maybe a bit less....but its rock solid unless you put muscle into it

the stock is just a flawed design....to me the whole gun is kinda a flawed design...its a bit awkward compared to other guns i own...

This probably came from the same dealer like my old MG42/59 reweld..

My god the previous owner really put a lot of lengths to get it up and running and failed.

I would trade my m/11 for a TLC Mp40....

UZI Talk Supporter
    i put $3k into my mp40 to get it to where it needs to be.....$850 of that was getting a correct german barrel(gun came with an aftermarket) and a nicer Bakelite (guns was trashed)

now i have a NOS barrel and a minty bakelite.....refinished, welding issues fixed...its solid...for $14,750 invested.....find a german mp40 for close to that....ive got tube gun money into it....and it looks nicer than most german receiver guns ive seen...odds are most of those have loose stocks and loose upper/lower fit issues like i had fixed....so i think im way ahead with mine...the reweld part is invisible from outside the gun and you'd almost have to be an expert on them to see the welds inside the tube with a flashlight.....the work i had done on it is that good...

mp40 is fun, but not close to a favorite to shoot in my collection..it would be towards the bottom....its iconic to own....might sell it some day..dunno

Advice---i would never buy a reweld again.. a bargain can be a piece of trash needing major money to make right...mine is not factory correct in 2 places still...ive got a larger mag well pin and the mag well strap had to be cut and rewelded smaller....i could have fixed the pin for $300 more, but i put a limit on the bleeding....the strap will never show to anyone and the mag well pin was done in a way to mimic the factory pin...it looks factory correct, just bigger..in 1980 any hack could buy a cut up gun for $50 and weld it together.....now they are $15-20k and these POS guns are still out there......mine always ran...so im sure the maker was thrilled how well his $50 weekend project worked...but now that its worth $15-20k no would would accept a loose/sloppy/rusty pos anymore......
    Last edited by Battering ram NIB; 09-11-2018 at 07:56 AM.

+ Reply to Thread