UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: best place to buy sten mags?

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by komodoj View Post
    ……… Just keep in mind that, that ejector in the pic is for a MkI and will not work in a MKII! …..
    That’s not correct. A Mk1 ejector will work in a Mk2. You simply replace the Mk2 magazine catch retainer with the Mk1 ejector/catch retainer.

BRP has a pic here.. http://www.brpguns.com/sten-magazine...ctor-assembly/

UZI Talk Life Member
    I guess I wasn’t specific. Yes in a new “Build” that will work. But the OP has a built tube gun with which I’m assuming has the MKII variant ejector welded in. Now if it has the MKI mag assembly then yes. Otherwise you will have to cut out and grind down the ejector to use the MKI variant.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    That’s not correct. A Mk1 ejector will work in a Mk2. You simply replace the Mk2 magazine catch retainer with the Mk1 ejector/catch retainer.

BRP has a pic here.. http://www.brpguns.com/sten-magazine...ctor-assembly/
    Last edited by komodoj; 07-14-2018 at 05:30 PM.
    If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.-Ronald Reagan

UZI Talk Life Member

……… Otherwise you will have to cut out and grind down the ejector to use the MKI variant.
    No. You don’t have cut the ejector out. Only the tip has to be removed, assuming it’s still there.

Welding the Mk2 ejector in could make it brittle and prone to snap if too much heat was used. This is a quick and easy fix for a broken Mk2 ejector. If anything is left to obstruct the Mk1 ejector it can be removed with a few strokes of a hand file.

The Israelis redesigned the ejector for their Mk2 guns to avoid the embrittlement problem. Theirs has a thick round base.

UZI Talk Life Member
    This is true, and it’s ok to agree to disagree. Your right about the fix but I’d want a clean look and not a stub sitting there so if it was my gun and doing it your way. I’d cut and grind out the old ejector and yes, use the MKI version.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    No. You don’t have cut the ejector out. Only the tip has to be removed, assuming it’s still there.

Welding the Mk2 ejector in coazuld make it brittle and prone to snap if too much heat was used. This is a quick and easy fix for a broken Mk2 ejector. If anything is left to obstruct the Mk1 ejector it can be removed with a few strokes of a hand file.

The Israelis redesigned the ejector for their Mk2 guns to avoid the embrittlement problem. Theirs has a thick round base.
    If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.-Ronald Reagan

I've found that which mags work and which don't in my gun is a total crapshoot. Some of the new looking ones don't work and others that look like they were used as hammers work flawlessly. Some day I'll fix them all.

UZI Talk Life Member

This is true, and itís ok to agree to disagree. Your right about the fix but Iíd want a clean look and not a stub sitting there so if it was my gun and doing it your way. Iíd cut and grind out the old ejector and yes, use the MKI version.
    I think most Mk2 Sten owners would want to eventually replace a damaged ejector with a new welded in one. I know I would. I am just pointing out that a Mk1 ejector/catch retainer can get a Mk2 gun running again quickly and tide you over.

All the free parts Iíve received from BRP have been useful or are good to have for a reason. They donít just throw random stuff in. Give them a call if you donít know why they sent you something. I have called them in the past when I was scratching my head wondering ďwhat on earth can I use this for?Ē They are great guys and very knowledgeable. Other companies send you a sticker, so you can advertise for them. BRP sends something useful.

+ Reply to Thread