$vboptions[bbtitle]
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: silencerco rebate..anyone signed up?

UZI Talk Supporter

silencerco rebate..anyone signed up?

so i entered my info into their website....i expected to get a return email saying they got my info and are reviewing it...and give me a reference #

instead i got nothing....i dont know if i entered it right or they got the info...just crickets...

i did call them, but never got the return call...they dont even answer phones

in 2018 this just seems odd to me...anyone else enter for a free suppressor?

UZI Talk Supporter
    Two of my customers have registered theirs one got a "successful registered" message on the computer screen with no email. The other got this product has already been registered. I called Silencerco and left a message on the 3rd got a return phone call July 8th they said that the serial# was registered last year in FL. So I had to send pictures of the actual suppressor to get it registered. This is not normal for Silencerco usually the answer their phone daily. I figure they screwed up offering a promotion with such a narrow of a window to claim it. They are over whelmed. Its a good company with USUALLY great customer service. I kind of expect them to extend the registration period with all the issues getting the promotion. But they may be greedy and say screw you.
    -Superman wears Chuck Norris Underwear-

UZI Talk Supporter
    in 2 weeks im going to call them endlessly until i hear something....0 chance i would have purchased a maxim 9 w/o the free suppressor, so i would be endlessly angered if i get screwed out of it...id hope their customer service would resolve any issue if for some reason the registration doesnt take.....all i can say is its 2018 and there is not 1 purchase or thing i do that doesnt kick back an email in 5 seconds with a number of some sort specific to my purchase

im positive they are overwhelmed...its the deal of a lifetime giving you $650 for free

many people were skeptical about their current/financial position with this being a sort of rebate and all , having to send it and wait for the free can, not to mention the number of dealers who took advantage of this, limit of 3, pfft, I know dealers who had every employee in the shop order this deal and just paid with the same company credit card.....if this goes sideways, it will be one for the record books.

UZI Talk Supporter
    for me im more worried because i filled it out twice...i send a copy of my receipt in file form......but then the seller sent me a new version of my receipt the next day with the guns serial # on it...so i resubmitted it again...im worried they will think im trying to register it twice....toss my info out.....

i still dont see how they can give $650 suppressors away.....the whole deal is just too good to be true x2....i would not have bought the maxim 9 without it...im mildly interested in owning it, but couldnt pass this up...

they had to know how many would jump at this.....especially with maxims at nearly 1/2 price....prepper gun shop told me they sold 100 of them so far

GunPro had them for $ 860 something, I had a few customers take advantage of it and the Maxims are now showing up, I told them get the serial numbers in ASAP, but haven't heard back on any of them yet , so ??

UZI Talk Supporter
    prepper wouldnt give you the serial # until the transfer is complete...mine took 10 days...but what if you buy on July 15th and the transfer takes 16 days...its going to happen to someone..i dont know why silencer co even has an end date to enter the info....or why not make it 6 months...not 15 days from the end of the deal....just seems like your asking for trouble and some very unhappy customers....i bought aug 28th and was worried until i got the approval...what if the seller paper files..thats 2 months....

if the dealer gives you your serial # and your a bad guy and the gun cant be transferred to you, but you entered it into the silencerco website then what? i guess youd fail the background check at your dealer in the end...

just not thought out is what i think...silencer co is a big company...this should be easy stuff....maybe its run out of someones garage?

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Battering ram NIB View Post
    i still dont see how they can give $650 suppressors away.....
    Because they don’t cost anywhere near $650 to produce.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey... View Post
    Because they don’t cost anywhere near $650 to produce.
    This is true the metal and all CNC work $100 tops. Your paying for the technology and he warranty.
    -Superman wears Chuck Norris Underwear-

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gorillastomp View Post
    This is true the metal and all CNC work $100 tops. Your paying for the technology and he warranty.
    That and CNC machines, lights, rent, salaries, R&D, marketing, etc.
    Chris Hipes
    Hipes Consulting Services LLC
    FFL/SOT 07/02
    poulan10takethisoutsoidonotgetmorespam@yahoo.com
    North Texas

UZI Talk Supporter
    So I'm getting a Maxim 9 I think. 45 or 45k? Do I have to pick at registration?

UZI Talk Supporter
    #1 id be concerned you get your transfer in time.....prepper would not give me my serial # or proper receipt until the gun shipped to my dealer...so make sure whatever seller you use is willing to give you your info if the transfer goes longer than 14 days...
    you get to click on which one you want when you register online...you need to upload a file/receipt from your dealer that has proof of paid in full & the serial # of your maxim 9 suppressor (your maxim 9 has 2 serial#'s)

if size isnt a concern id grab the normal octane....im using my octane .45 for subguns and the .45k for pistol.....cleaning the blast chamber to go from pistol to subgun has always been a headache for me...that piston isnt fitting in after you shot it when normal threads on a subgun..you have to take a screw driver inside the blast chamber...so now my octane 45 is subgun only and im never cleaning the blast chamber again and my 45k will be pistol only...that piston is only coming out to switch from 45 to 9mm...

i never found the octane 45 to be overly large on a full size handgun like a 1911 or fnx.......want an all around can get a 45, want a pistol only get the 45k

0 chance i would have bought the Maxim 9 w/o this deal....but its such a bargain its hard to pass up...i got my dealer to charge me 1/2 price for handling the transaction to sweeten the deal even more.

UZI Talk Life Member

The 45k is not that quiet. Hearing safe but not quiet. I would go with regular 45.

UZI Talk Supporter
    wasnt the 45k developed for military standards?

8 decibel difference

132 vs 140

more than i thought

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chili17 View Post
    That and CNC machines, lights, rent, salaries, R&D, marketing, etc.
    And then there's the profit margin.. eh??
    Dover's the name, Ben Dover.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Finally got an email from them acknowledging my application

It was in my junk folder

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Battering ram NIB View Post
    #1 id be concerned you get your transfer in time.....prepper would not give me my serial # or proper receipt until the gun shipped to my dealer...so make sure whatever seller you use is willing to give you your info if the transfer goes longer than 14 days...
    Just the fact that you get your serial number may squeak you in for the promotion but I can understand the reasoning for not wanting to give it out early in the case of a shipping mishap or cans going to the wrong dealer, the F3 would have to be cancelled and re done....

If all is along the same lines of everybody that hurry to get in Pre 41F, dealers actually sent 4 into the ATF prior to actually having the form 3 and the can in their possession. .

I wanted to take advantage of this deal, buy dealers near me want $100 per can transfer fee if you did not buy it from them. So this has ruled out any special Internet deals for me.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I purchased suppressors on 6/19 and registered on their website.
    I got confirmation emails 6/20 they would be entering my octane 9 and octane 45 quickly.

then I got this yesterday.

If you are receiving this email your registration has been received and is being reviewed. Our customer service team will send you a second confirmation email when your proof of purchase has been reviewed and validated.

Our goal is to ship your free suppressor to the specified dealer within approximately four months of registration approval. In many cases we will need to verify the SOT of your specified dealer as part of this approval process.

SilencerCo has grown to be the leader in the silencer industry thanks to you, our loyal customers. This promotion is one way of saying thank you for your support over the last 10 years. Please bear with us as we catch up with the overwhelming response.

- The Team at SilencerCo

UZI Talk Supporter
    same email i got

i never got any confirmations like you did on 6/20

4 months....i find it odd they give you 15 days to register after the end date, yet 4 months to deliver...

if you bought from a dealer who paper files you get nothing

+ Reply to Thread