UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: UZI- registered bolt or receiver

UZI- registered bolt or receiver

I purchased a pre-ban IMI Uzi conversion in 1986 when I was just a youngster. I've had plenty of fun with it over the years.
    Now that I'm old and retired, I'm thinking of selling it to someone younger who could enjoy it in the prime of his/her life.
    At the time of purchase, I wasn't savvy enough to ask a lot of questions, so even today, I'm not sure if a conversion is a registered bolt or registered receiver gun. Is that information somewhere on the permit?

UZI Talk Life Member
    Yes sir, you’ll find the information on the 5320.04. You can also look on the bolt for a serial number.

This link to the Uzi Talk resource library may be useful for helping you understand the types of conversions. http://www.uzitalk.com/reference/pag...onversions.htm
    Please visit my FB page for the latest CF-W bolt information.
    https://www.facebook.com/VegasSMG/?ref

Look in the ejection port when the bolt is in the forward position. Does it have a slot? Or is it solid?

If it is solid (no slot), it is a registered receiver.
    If it has a slot, it could be a registered bolt, or a slotted bolt that's married to a registered receiver.

See below. The top gun is a semi auto, and has a slotted bolt. The lower gun is a registered receiver SMG with the typical un-slotted SMG bolt.

Look at yours and report back. If no slot, you're good to go. If it does have a slot, we can tell what to look for next.

Does anyone know if a bolt gun will cycle faster than a receiver gun?

UZI Talk Life Member

Everything else being equal a bolt gun will run faster. The slotted bolt is lighter and cycles faster. Of course everything else is not always equal

+ Reply to Thread