UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Full Auto Mini-14 Conversion

Full Auto Mini-14 Conversion

I recently ran across a Mini-14 that was converted to full-auto before the '86 cutoff. It is an S&S Arms conversion of what appears to be a 181 or later series rifle. It looks to be full auto and semi auto only. It is for sale for what I consider to be an excellent price which is several thousand dollars below an AC556.

Does anybody here have any experience with a full auto Mini-14? Other than the lack of a three round burst option, how does it compare to an AC556? For $8k is it worth buying or is the AC556 worth the extra couple of grand?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I've actually got one converted by the same company. It was registered by an individual and he shipped it off for them to do the conversion. Mine is a GB mini 14, which comes with bayonet lug, threaded barrel and flashhider. So if it's a GB get it, it will add value (not a fortune though). It runs like a top in either semi or full auto.
    I've also got an ac556f and it runs great. If you want a select fire mini 14 for thousands less than an ac556 get it.
    It also has a nice selector, slightly resembles an M14 selector.

See attched pic of mine
    Last edited by KickStand; 07-12-2018 at 08:21 PM.

UZI Talk Life Member
    If it’s cheaper than this then yes. But if not I’d take this over a conversion! Plus I think this guy is flexible?? Imho!!

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/forums/in...#comment-31136
    If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.-Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by komodoj View Post
    If itís cheaper than this then yes. But if not Iíd take this over a conversion! Plus I think this guy is flexible?? Imho!!

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/forums/in...#comment-31136
    I agree with you 100%. The good thing about the converted mini 14 is it's a 181 series like mine. It uses all newer parts unlike the old 180 ac556.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Btw. Spoke to Mark yesterday. Congrats buddy!!

Quote Originally Posted by KickStand View Post
    I agree with you 100%. The good thing about the converted mini 14 is it's a 181 series like mine. It uses all newer parts unlike the old 180 ac556.
    If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.-Ronald Reagan

Thanks komodoj.

MontanaRenegade86,
    Let me know if you need any other info.

Thank you for the quick replies, Gentlemen! Much appreciated.

That early AC556 is SWEEEEEEET!!!

UZI Talk Supporter
    Real ac556s take forever to sell and sell low. I think your better off to buy the real deal

$1,000 more gets you a real gun not a conversion

Values on these guns have been going down hill fast Iíve noticed. I got my ss folder in like new condition for $11,250 2 years ago. I see blued folders selling around the $11,000 range. That would be the smarter buy

Shorter, more tacticool looking.

The burst is most of what i use. Itís not a very controllable gun. Fa is kinda worthless

For a 223 your better to get a Mac 11 and get on the Lage list. $7500 for the Mac and $3,000 for the upper

I wonder if this is why the rugers arenít selling well lately. I also think the Mac 11 is killing the Uzi sales too

+ Reply to Thread