UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: KeepShooting.com has gone to SH*T

  1. #1
    Registered User KickStand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    283

    Angry KeepShooting.com has gone to SH*T

    I received a defective magazine from them approximately two weeks ago. When I received the magazine, I immediately tested it and I did NOT work. Therefore, I tried to call them but they don't have anybody answering the phones. You can only leave a message; therefore, I sent them an email and got ahold of someone. They gave me a return shipping label. They received it and the guy that looks things over was out for 5 days because I guess know one else can inspect a magazine (WTH).

    So, I Waited a few days and didn't hear anything. I sent another email to get an update and they said nothing is wrong with the magazine (I should mention, I sent them high quality images of the area that was bent and you can clearly see the issue).

    As of right know, I still do not know what they are doing about there defective product. I might have to disputed the charge with my credit card company (I'm not sure if this is the proper way of disputing something like this).

    I've purchased several items from them over the past few years and things are changing for the worst.

    JUST A WARNING FOR YOU ALL.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    184
    This is unfortunate. I have had good luck with Keep Shooting in the past but I don't know if I will utilize them in the future.

    If you don't mind sharing, what magazine was defective?

  3. #3
    Registered User KickStand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaRenegade86 View Post
    This is unfortunate. I have had good luck with Keep Shooting in the past but I don't know if I will utilize them in the future.

    If you don't mind sharing, what magazine was defective?
    You are really going to be pissed.
    The mag was for an M2 / M1 carbine, 30 rounder.

    I'll let you know what happens, if anything.

  4. #4
    UZI Talk Supporter
    root's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2,501
    The trend I've noticed with them is they send out a Email with a code for X amount off ,
    then remove the rather hot sellers from the web site while the code is valid, then re add the items after the code has expired.
    LOL

    It's happened to me more then once.

    Kinda the carrot on the stick trick

    It's kept me from buying from then over the last 2 years.

    Rich

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by KickStand View Post
    You are really going to be pissed.
    The mag was for an M2 / M1 carbine, 30 rounder.

    I'll let you know what happens, if anything.

    Ahhh, man. That sucks.

    Good thing I have a crapload of good 30-round magazines.

  6. #6
    Registered User KickStand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    The trend I've noticed with them is they send out a Email with a code for X amount off ,
    then remove the rather hot sellers from the web site while the code is valid, then re add the items after the code has expired.
    LOL

    It's happened to me more then once.

    Kinda the carrot on the stick trick

    It's kept me from buying from then over the last 2 years.

    Rich

    I've also noticed something like that with there m10 / grease gun mags. They have ample stock and when they have a good deal they are sold out (magically).
    Last edited by KickStand; 07-23-2018 at 11:47 PM.

  7. #7
    UZI Talk Supporter
    root's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2,501
    Yup those m3 GG mags, the S12 5 round mags, and P22 Walther mags seem to fall off their site when they run coupon code discounts.

    Probably others but those are the 3 I try to get when they do their percentage coupon code.

    Rich

  8. #8
    Registered User rentprop1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    West Central Florida
    Posts
    330
    But you guys are really dumb put a bunch of stuff in your cart and then just close your browser in about 2 or 3 days they will send you a 20% off coupon you simply go back in refresh your browser and apply the coupon and voila

  9. #9
    UZI Talk Supporter
    anm2_man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    947
    Quote Originally Posted by rentprop1 View Post
    But you guys are really dumb put a bunch of stuff in your cart and then just close your browser in about 2 or 3 days they will send you a 20% off coupon you simply go back in refresh your browser and apply the coupon and voila
    OK so the only way to get them to be an HONEST VENDOR is to trick them ? I have had the same issues as everybody else. They are on the top of my REMOVE EMAIL Account list !
    WE WON !

  10. #10
    Registered User KickStand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    283
    Update
    I should be getting a refund.
    Last edited by KickStand; 07-26-2018 at 12:24 AM.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    113
    #1 they are having a sale again on the GG mags last I looked
    #2 bout a batch last go around (maybe two years ago)
    had one that would ne feed weak spring or something emailed them they sent a return tag I sent it
    they sent me another,

  12. #12
    Registered User KickStand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by saxon View Post
    #1 they are having a sale again on the GG mags last I looked
    #2 bout a batch last go around (maybe two years ago)
    had one that would ne feed weak spring or something emailed them they sent a return tag I sent it
    they sent me another,

    I asked if they could just send the magazine without the internals or send me another mag when I returned the bad one. Their response was "we do NOT do exchanges anymore because of our computer accounting system" (sounds like more BS). I got all the emails and it's pretty pathetic. As for any sales from them, I will NEVER buy anything from them again.
    I still haven't received my refund.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter.