UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is This a Firing Pin Assembly?? Please Help

Is This a Firing Pin Assembly?? Please Help

I recently bought a full auto "micro" Uzi that was converted from a pistol and
    is also fired from a closed bolt. Just received it,field stripped it and to my dismay, I discovered cracks in the part thats pictured.
    Is it cracked?
    Is that called a firing pin assembly?
    And if so, Is it hard to find?
    Thanks for your help

That is the striker/firing pin assembly and the welds are definitely cracked on yours. Looks like that is an added on piece, maybe to convert a semi striker to full auto? Someone else that is more familiar with the micro UZI may be able to help you out more.
    Last edited by scottz63; 08-10-2018 at 12:56 PM.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Where did you pick this up at?
    Is this a transferable gun?

Rich

That was a recent Rock Island auction. I bid on that as well.

https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...fully-transfer

Lol I like the super unrealistic estimated sale price of 7-8000 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mackjack View Post
    Lol I like the super unrealistic estimated sale price of 7-8000 lol
    I bid $8001.00 so I thought I had it locked up!

UZI Talk Life Member

Rock Island Auction never estimates the price of transferrable MGs correctly. Last year at one of their premier auctions they had about three lots in a row that went for 5 times their estimated price. There was such an uproar on the floor that they had to stop and calm everyone down before they could continue. I don't remember the first tow lots, but the third one included a RDIAS, 10/22 trigger pack and a set of M2 conversion parts. They had it listed at $8k to 10k. I think it sold for $50k but I dropped out in the $40s. They are usually close on other firearms, but it seems like they always under estimate machine guns. I have picked up some suppressors from Rock Island well below their estimated price though.

I bid on that gun as well, but I low balled it.

Someone here may know better than me but here's a striker assembly although they're out of stock right now.

http://shop-usbarrelshrouds-com.3dca...bly_p_258.html

Quote Originally Posted by TSPC View Post
    Someone here may know better than me but here's a striker assembly although they're out of stock right now.

http://shop-usbarrelshrouds-com.3dca...bly_p_258.html
    I wonder why the replacement is straight across and mine has a recess.
    ANd I am SOL since auction companies sell the firearm as a shell, no functionability, completeness or anything

Quote Originally Posted by Haris1 View Post
    I wonder why the replacement is straight across and mine has a recess.
    ANd I am SOL since auction companies sell the firearm as a shell, no functionability, completeness or anything
    The recess is on the bottom. You can see it in the third picture on that link. I think the closed bolt micros use the same striker as the semi so you'll be able to find one.

The piece that is cracked in your picture doesn't look like it belongs there and may not be needed. Here's a link to a closed bolt Uzi machine gun on Gun broker. Scroll through the pictures and you'll see one of the bolt and striker. It's a mini, not a micro but they operate the same and, I believe, use the same striker.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/773376186
    Last edited by TSPC; 08-10-2018 at 06:44 PM.

UZI Talk Life Member

Look at the bottom of this page and you will see that part. I'm not sure why that part is added on the striker.
    http://www.uzitalk.com/reference/pages/closedbolts.htm

Dave?

Thanks to all of you above that commented!

UZI Talk Supporter
    OK I bid on that as well but stopped at 10 K

LOL
    That was why I asked y RIA didn't have any pix of the inside when I looked at it.I knew it would go for more then my bid.
    I just didn't think it was worth more then that to me with out a stock and such.

That part should tig right back on or buy a new setup.

Also gunparts corp has micro kits for 704 shipped if I owned that I'd buy one for parts and the stock.
    Hell I bought the kit just to build a pistol and while they are used and in rough shape they are still worth it.

Rich

Hit up BWE firearms. He is on this forum and is an Uzi gunsmith.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Haris1 View Post
    Based on the description on the auction site, it sounds like the gun was converted with one of the "UZI Two-Step" selector switches. That tells me that whoever did the conversion didn't know much about what he was doing and was looking for an easy way to convert the gun. The piece welded on to the striker wouldn't be needed in a normal conversion and I doubt it's needed on an UZI Two-step conversion. If the receiver has been properly registered you could change things to a more typical configuration. Do you have the gun in your possession yet? If so, what does the form say about registration?

And what do you mean about the gun being sold as a shell with no functionality?
    Looking for the definitive reference book on UZI history and technical information? Check out my book The UZI Submachine Gun Examined. Details to order a copy are here.

Another auction house said the word"shell" to mean just what you see on the outside-no warranty express or implied as to completeness inside or funtionality
    Just what you see is what you get

UZI Talk Supporter
    i would contact Sam at Practical Solutions on this repair and see if he does it...he is about 2.5-3 months out (last i checked)....he does do uzi repairs and has a 100% good reputation on this forum......others who do these repairs may be 14-18 months out

I have found that people are unloading their junk more and more lately...i believe this is why the gunsmiths are getting booked further and further out......i only buy when i see a video of it running or the seller guarantees it to run.....lots of junk out there

UZI Talk Supporter
    Ya RAI only had two pix one of each side when i was looking at it.
    Hence the low bid on my end.

I did get my mac for cheap even for back in the day prices as i was the opening bid and the only bid.

I bid on a lot of guns and i bid low.
    RAI gets a lot due to being well advertised.
    They create a feeding frenzy and broken stuff sells for double due to lack of pix and poor description.

Great selling ploy but bad for a unknowing buyer.
    Unless you are like me and NIB and refuse to pay much for a unknow.

He shouldnt have the gun in possesion as that auction was just last Julyhis dealer might have it by now though woth a Efile.

Nice thing is while you paid a premium for a broken gun it does appear to be fixable.

Rich

UZI Talk Supporter
    if you can give a review of your auction i would give one ''gun sold non-functional/broken weld''....they should be held accountable for selling junk at a premium price....

I received it this quickly because it was e filed and I am a dealer but bought it as an investment/shooter
    If I could find that part(I think its called a firing pin carrier) I think I could make one work or maybe take the one i have to a welder
    see if it could be rewelded to be stronger. I dont want to shoot it and have it break.
    From what I read closed boltd rpm's are double open bolts because bolt travel is lessened.

+ Reply to Thread