UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who says there is no love for the M10?

UZI Talk Supporter

Who says there is no love for the M10? FAT 47 in the works!

Last edited by jkacg1; 08-11-2018 at 09:41 AM.

I love my fat mac m10/9mm. One of my favorites.

Whaaaaaa!!

Need more info!

Cool concept with printed parts. It looks to me like a Max-10/15 type of upper with an AK magwell. Of course there are many steps from plastic printed parts to an anodized aluminum upper that is available at retail. Since Richard has refined the prototype "mak91" built, I can see others following the path. I hope the project works out for him. Even building a variation of an approved design with no patent, I could see six figures to bring this to market. Please keep us updated.

Scott

UZI Talk Supporter
    i think an AK and a shotgun upper are going to be here eventually for all the lowers...you can already have more $$ in uppers than the lower is worth...thats going to grow

$3k M16
    $3k AK
    $3k 12 gauge

id buy all 3

Quote Originally Posted by AOK View Post
    I love my fat mac m10/9mm. One of my favorites.
    X2.

UZI Talk Life Member
    He said itís a 3d print only so far. Good to see others out there building uppers!
    Live Bravely, Live Freely!

UZI Talk Life Member
    It’s the final 3D print before cutting chips.
    Please visit my FB page for the latest CF-W bolt information.
    https://www.facebook.com/VegasSMG/?ref

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas SMG View Post
    It’s the final 3D print before cutting chips.
    Awesome! Will it share similar mechanics internally as the 11/15 ?

This is something I've wanted to do ever since I discovered an AK trunnion will fit in an M10 box tube upper, looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Battering ram NIB View Post
    i think an AK and a shotgun upper are going to be here eventually for all the lowers...you can already have more $$ in uppers than the lower is worth...thats going to grow

$3k M16
    $3k AK
    $3k 12 gauge

id buy all 3
    Oh my. One can dream. A Mac 10 upper that takes Saiga drums would definitely have me spending.

An upper that takes Vepr 12 magazines would be stellar, especially with an LRBHO. Open bolt upper with an LRBHO: No need to cock, reload and pull the trigger.

In for the giggles. Haven’t logged in for a while ..... to have this be the first post I read brings a smile to this fat Mac loving guy.

UZI Talk Supporter
    holy frijoles! That's a hot mamma jamma

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Oosbie View Post
    An upper that takes Vepr 12 magazines would be stellar, especially with an LRBHO. Open bolt upper with an LRBHO: No need to cock, reload and pull the trigger.
    It appears Ryebread is shooting for the saiga mags and drums for the shotty upper.

there is a rather long thread on the 12 Ga. upper here.

The more uppers the better.
    Rich

I'm really excited for this. Any updates on manufacturing timelines or price point?

Quote Originally Posted by IRON MAYHEM View Post
    I'm really excited for this. Any updates on manufacturing timelines or price point?
    This is so far from production right now. The owner has an M10 "in transfer". The pictures are of a 3D printed version. So the upper needs to be made in aluminum, try it to see if it works, send it to the Firearms & Ammunition Technology Division of the NFA Branch, get an evaluation, and come up with tens of thousands of dollars to put the upper into production. The soonest I could imagine would be six months from now and that is if all the planets Aline, the first one needs no changes to go into production, and he has the funds for production all lined up. Lage got a working prototype from "mak91" in February of 2017. The first units are supposed to be start shipping in September of 2018. That is from an established Mac style upper receiver manufacturer. How much harder would it be for a guy that is not "in the business" with no production facility to develop such an upper and offer it for sale? It might very well come to market. I think there is a market for such an upper. But there are a lot of steps from 3D printed prototype to the first production batch for sale. I sincerely wish the inventor luck with the project.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Brother_Evil View Post
    This is so far from production right now. The owner has an M10 "in transfer". The pictures are of a 3D printed version. So the upper needs to be made in aluminum, try it to see if it works, send it to the Firearms & Ammunition Technology Division of the NFA Branch, get an evaluation, and come up with tens of thousands of dollars to put the upper into production. The soonest I could imagine would be six months from now and that is if all the planets Aline, the first one needs no changes to go into production, and he has the funds for production all lined up. Lage got a working prototype from "mak91" in February of 2017. The first units are supposed to be start shipping in September of 2018. That is from an established Mac style upper receiver manufacturer. How much harder would it be for a guy that is not "in the business" with no production facility to develop such an upper and offer it for sale? It might very well come to market. I think there is a market for such an upper. But there are a lot of steps from 3D printed prototype to the first production batch for sale. I sincerely wish the inventor luck with the project.

Scott
    I certainly don't have my hopes up for anything soon and realize it may never become a reality. I don't think it was unreasonable to assume that this was intended to gauge interest for a production unit though.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Scott nailed it... dead nuts on.

Six months from a plastic 3D model to a full blown production unit would be a minor miracle. It could happen, but I wouldn’t make bank on it.
    Please visit my FB page for the latest CF-W bolt information.
    https://www.facebook.com/VegasSMG/?ref

LMAO all you had to say was "no updates" or "this was just a personal project with no real intention of mass production"

+ Reply to Thread