UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Robinson M96

Industry Expert
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fortyfive1911a1 View Post
    They told me that all of their spare M96 parts are in a separate warehouse and they would have a technician go look in a few months. Iím crossing my fingers but not holding my breath. It is a bummer having my favorite and most valuable rifle sitting in the safe in pieces.

Side note, they have not made mention of possibly making new bolts in my email correspondence. I hope that they do. I would buy at least two.
    Alex realizes that bolts are the most needed spare parts. He also mentioned that he still has bolt tails for the recall that occurred long ago.

David Albert
    dalbert@sturmgewehr.com
    Past Pres., The American Thompson Assoc.
    NRA Life/ASAC/OGCA/GCA/TCA/CC/IAA
    Writer-SAR Magazine
    Co-Author,"Thompson Manuals,Catalogs,& Other Paper Items"
    Other Author,"The Ultimate Thompson Book"

Found someone willing to sell a full BCG, so I jumped all over it. Should be here Friday. Last update from Rob Arms on a bolt was they still needed to “check the old warehouse.” I do hope they come through eventually. If I have 2 bolts I may actually risk shooting this otherwise fantastic rifle again.

Quote Originally Posted by dalbert View Post
    Alex realizes that bolts are the most needed spare parts. He also mentioned that he still has bolt tails for the recall that occurred long ago.

David Albert
    dalbert@sturmgewehr.com
    Rob Arms came through. Happy to report that they found a spare bolt in their warehouse that they were willing to sell. Now that I have two full BCGís after purchasing the other off someone willing to sell their spare, I may be brave enough to shoot it again one day.

Looks like there is a very real chance Robinson will build these rifles again.

https://robinsonarmament.com/m96/?ut...eid=bcaa04022c

Looks like there is a very real chance Robinson will build these rifles again.

https://robinsonarmament.com/m96/?ut...eid=bcaa04022c
    I'm already on the list for a Bren style kit and spare bolt...

Quote Originally Posted by Icer View Post
    I'm already on the list for a Bren style kit and spare bolt...
    I really hope the re-boot takes off enough that they go ahead and finish developing the belt feed kit.

I will definitely be stocking up on parts and a spare barrel if those become available.

on the list for BREN kit & spare bolt /firing pin.

MAC posted a video on the M96 today.

RobArms M96

I also have an M96 Recon Carbine. Love to shoot the gun. I made my own Bren conversion. I have also talked to them about parts availability, specifically the spring for the barrel release lever. They gave me the same speil about the "other warehouse". I also spoke to someone at their display at the NRA show when it was in Dallas. 3 phone calls and a text msg later, also about 2018/2019, I still don't know about parts availability. I keep hoping, though.

Quote Originally Posted by planner View Post
    I have also talked to them about parts availability, specifically the spring for the barrel release lever. .

yeah, I took the spring out of my M96..............that spring isn't some special spring, it's just a run of mill compression spring that is 1 inch long and a opening 1/4 inch.....mine is just shy of 1 inch, but then again it was in the gun for the last 25 years so it probably compressed a bit from 1 inch...............you probably can find one at HOME DEPOT, LOWES, MENNARDS etc... if not 1 inch then get a longer one and cut it down to 1 inch. your problem is solved, you're welcome

Last edited by Uncle Billy; 07-01-2021 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Billy View Post
    yeah, I took the spring out of my M96..............that spring isn't some special spring, it's just a run of mill compression spring that is 1 inch long and a opening 1/4 inch.....mine is just shy of 1 inch, but then again it was in the gun for the last 25 years so it probably compressed a bit from 1 inch...............you probably can find one at HOME DEPOT, LOWES, MENNARDS etc... if not 1 inch then get a longer one and cut it down to 1 inch. your problem is solved, you're welcome

Iím glad you went the extra mile! I was thinking about doing the same research about that spring when I saw that post. Figured it had to be a standard spring. It has an important job, but figured it wasnít proprietary.

Here’s a link to the MAC video I was too lazy to copy earlier. Good review - I just wish it was longer because I’m biased. Hopefully Ian will do a full length video on the history at some point.

Still my favorite gun I own that doesn’t have sentimental ties to it.

https://youtu.be/gom8oNVM74U

Iím glad you went the extra mile! I was thinking about doing the same research about that spring when I saw that post. Figured it had to be a standard spring. It has an important job, but figured it wasnít proprietary.
    when I saw this thread I said to myself........."gee, I haven't taken it out of the safe in probably a decade" so I took it out and disassembled it to dust the cobwebs off of it, and while I was at it I took the spring out and took a picture and did some measuring

M96

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Billy View Post

Thank you, Uncle Billy! I was hoping that a COTS spring would be found that would work. The grandkids are here right now, but I will start checking the hardware stores.

+ Reply to Thread