UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 9 LastLast

Thread: Norse Forge ACR stock adapter for the M10 9/45

UZI Talk Supporter
    I'm working on a 22 cal upper. if I can get it to run, I'll definitely look to bringing it to market later this year as well. I have a custom bolt design for it ready to go, having it 3d printed now

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroCool View Post
    I'm working on a 22 cal upper. if I can get it to run, I'll definitely look to bringing it to market later this year as well. I have a custom bolt design for it ready to go, having it 3d printed now
    Is it going to feed from the stock magwell or from an external?

Quote Originally Posted by cloudyak View Post
    Please make it. Is there any way to make a larger trigger face? I would pay quite a bit for a better trigger since I came from a really nice Uzi trigger to an M10/45.
    You have to slide it through the receiver. So a shoe is the only solution. Certainly purposeful rounding would help

Hey everyone,

I haven't really made a presence on here as of late, but I figured I should be the one sharing info on stuff pertaining to some of the options I'm working on for the M10/ M11 platform. Most recently, I have finally gotten the ball rolling on the ACR stock adapters and my temporary site is up. I do have a some more in stock and am trying to move them. I'd also like to know what products you'd like to see made for the M10 specifically as that is a gun I personally own and can design parts for relatively easily. As far as the M11, if I can manage to get a few things done on that platform, I will. I know criticism is the nature of this sort of thing, so I will listen and honestly try to incorporate as many things as I reasonably can. If you're interested in the ACR adapter, here's the link: https://norse-forge.myshopify.com

I like. I wish it folded left not right.

Also: in Shopify there’s a setting so your link masks your site not Shopify.

Also Shopify is anti gun

+1 for left folder.

Quote Originally Posted by MACchat View Post
    +1 for left folder.
    The hinge on an ACR stock is on the right. Left folding literally isn't an option unless you made a bulky hinged adapter for a stock that already has a hinge

I think a trigger kit would be an immediate hit. Lage makes one for M11/9, but there’s nothing for the M10. Wider face drops the perceived pull, then cleaning it up and dropping the pull (I think in half or by a third?) would be an immediate hit.

Lage makes great style uppers with a picatinny rail and Pratical solutions makes good compact ones for the M10. Check out the Max-11/9sk for inspiration. If something similar to it was for an M10 but used the original M10 bolt - you’d be able to really open up the slow fire (like real slow fire) market for the M10. The CFW-45 bolt would be a perfect match to that. I’d like that for sure. Think the modular current day grease gun.

Another idea that I think would be a show stopper is maybe (just maybe) but I hear there’s difficulties involved given it’s design and ATF rulings on what’s an upper vs a post sample, but an HK MP5 upper. I think the difficulty here is making it working but not a post sample in effect (but I really don’t know what I’m talking about).

Any device that’s compact (or if subject to limitations - embedded within an upper) that can make burst fire an option would be amazing. A four position Mac would be very innovative. If it’s in any way modular with good parts, you’ll basically overrun the entire AC556 platform of users.

Past that, a 1919a4 (perhaps an adaptation of a parts kit), where you slap an M10 on the back lower rear and have a belt fed gun. If power was an issue, I wonder (least I’d love it) if a miniaturized 9mm or lesser caliber belt gun would be a hit. A real deal belt gun tripod and all with a Mac being the key missing piece. Cost control might required 1919a4 surplus parts use.

22lr products in general are very dry for the M10. Lage makes a Max-11/22 but no M10 attention. If there’s a mass produced magazine that’s very reliable that can be built upon (maybe MP15-22 I’m not sure as I don’t know about it) that could be a hit. The only option right now is either “toaster style” oem Mac uppers with a Ruger 10/22 jammed into its side or the $3k Tenko plus a $1k upper or more. If there was a nice modular set up, with easy to find mags, and a reliable upper for say $1k - that would have a market too I bet. There’s probably even potential to turn a Mac into the go to “22lr gun.”

Anything that would take glock mags. 33rd glock mags in my view are very easy to get and decentralizes the risk of 1 maker of magazines or the absence of adequate surplus mags from creating issues. While an upper may not reinvent the wheel here. The lasting power of the platform in effect probably would.

Then finally a shotgun upper (Saiga). You being the AK guy I could see you being best placed to deliver something like that. Just be sure the recoil is managed / doesn’t chew up the lower. If 20 gauge was necessary, it might even still be a hit? I have no idea if size makes it less possible, but the AA-12 doesn’t bottom out due to that giant spring contraption. Maybe a tungsten buffer could shorten the required length and then make a design possible.

(Now getting kind of radical now just for the sake of it): The Steyr AUG trigger mechanism. I have no idea how it works. But pull the trigger a little for semi auto and a lot for full auto. Perhaps that’d be cool encorporating into a Mac somehow. It may require a completely different way of thinking - like the trigger pins don’t hold a regular Mac trigger group but rather an abomination of what the trigger group has now become unique to itself inside the lower - so that other type uppers can be compactly joined to the lower (perhaps a whole series of closed bolt uppers can then be built off of this unique “pack”)

Ah shucks. Too bad I ain’t a mechanical engineer ;-) But beta tester and ideas person can be!

As a last note - thinking as a business guy. I love the industry moving further away from proprietary magazines (this killed military armament corp). I’d strongly encourage that what’s made leverages current big manufacturers offerings for a major prolific firearm (AK47, AR15, Double stack 9mm Glocks). This should keep magazine supply, reliability, information, and price all a non-issue. Magazines in the beginning were a big driver in the purchases of uppers. Least for me.
    Last edited by cjsoccer3; 01-09-2019 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
    The hinge on an ACR stock is on the right. Left folding literally isn't an option unless you made a bulky hinged adapter for a stock that already has a hinge
    Yep, roger that, just realied it.

-1 for left folder.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LawBob View Post
    You have to slide it through the receiver. So a shoe is the only solution. Certainly purposeful rounding would help
    Actually that's not necessarily the case. If you went with a straight trigger face similar to the design I whipped up, you could turn it 90 degrees insert then rotate back.

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by b_saan View Post
    Try here for a much better price... https://woodburyoutfitters.com/bushm...lack-f1000263/
    Unfortunately someone else bought the last one right before I called.

Actually that's not necessarily the case. If you went with a straight trigger face similar to the design I whipped up, you could turn it 90 degrees insert then rotate back.

The slot is only as wide as it is.

Ok I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
    I wish it went to the left

Quote Originally Posted by LawBob View Post
    I wish it went to the left
    Thatís the way bushmaster made em. Changing the bracket around probably isnít an option the way the stock is molded

Quote Originally Posted by ktk120 View Post
    Thatís the way bushmaster made em. Changing the bracket around probably isnít an option the way the stock is molded
    I know. Hence, I wish, not ďplease make it ....Ē

UZI Talk Supporter
    Got the 3D print in of the trigger. Slight forward cant thst I need to correct but everything else is perfect. It feels much better.
    https://youtu.be/gEywo4W38Bw

Got the 3D print in of the trigger. Slight forward cant thst I need to correct but everything else is perfect. It feels much better.
    https://youtu.be/gEywo4W38Bw
    That looks great. I can’t wait to hear what the difference is pull weight could be.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudyak View Post
    That looks great. I canít wait to hear what the difference is pull weight could be.

I'm going to redesign the sear to have a shorter take up before dropping the bolt. Hopefully that will be the big difference. Also, maybe a lighter spring, One that just barely has what's required to move the trigger back to the forward position. Honestly the spring that's in it is way too heavy duty in my opinion.

Back in stock

I'm going to redesign the sear to have a shorter take up before dropping the bolt. Hopefully that will be the big difference. Also, maybe a lighter spring, One that just barely has what's required to move the trigger back to the forward position. Honestly the spring that's in it is way too heavy duty in my opinion.
    Very nice. Wish i knew how to do what you do.

+ Reply to Thread