UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 8

Thread: A Sad Update For The Tenko 10-16

Quote Originally Posted by A&S Conversions View Post
    After reading the column in SAR, there was one line stating that "Unfortunately, with current Department of Justice restrictions on providing industry guidance (a topic which will require an entire column on its own), there is no real possibility of an update [of the NFA Handbook],on the near term horizon. " It seems obvious to me that since the Slidefire debacle, the DOJ has decided that if no industrial guidance is given then the Government can't be sued for erroneous guidance. I have heard all kinds of rumors. The FATD is overwhelmed with brace submissions, the FATD had most of their Examiners transferred to other departments and new examiners are being trained, or the legal Department of the ATF is overwhelmed. What is the truth, I don't know.

Obviously, very little has come out from the FATD. I certainly wish I had submitted the aluminum version earlier. But I didn't. What if the FATD goes back to calling everything a machinegun? I have seen the pictures of the RPD upper in a vice held together with zip ties and whatever else they used to make a receiver. I am in this too deep to walk away. By the same token, I would rather not spend the other half of my net worth fighting with the ATF. We are able to maintain our current level of expenses.

The system is broken. This thread is about the Tenko. As the manager of A&S Conversions L.L.C., I have no intention to take on the Government if we can help it. If you think otherwise, please make your own thread to complain about it. Thank you Matt for the information. It still is just rumor and conjecture. I still have not seen anything official from the FATD, ATF, or DOJ. Hopefully there will be something concrete so. I either need a positive determination to sell the Tenko or official word from the FATD that there will no longer be determinations issued.

Scott
    Manager A&S Conversions L.L.C.
    Technically, this thread is about how the Tenko can't make it through the broken system in a timely manner...
    Last edited by ecestu; 06-02-2020 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Emoji

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by ecestu View Post
    Technically, this thread is about how the Tenko can't make it through the broken system in a timely manner...
    If you go back to the first post this thread was started because the FATD notified me that their submission procedure has changed such that they require the accessory to be installed in a complete firearm. So they notified me that they would return the Tenko adapter without determination and that all accessory submissions would require the accessory to be installed in a complete firearm. So I wish to notify the community of the change and that we had no idea as to how the change would affect the time frame of the determination.

Scott

+ Reply to Thread