Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 8 LastLast

Thread: A Sad Update For The Tenko 10-16

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Wisconsin-Indonesia-Thailand & Live @ The Blue Note
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
    That kinda proves that the determination letter is worthless
    exactly
    Be polite,be courteous,be professional,but have a plan to kill everybody in the room
    UZI 22LR FA conversion kits are in stock

http://www.subgun-ordnance.com
    subgun-ordnance@sbcglobal.net

UZI Talk Life Member

You guys are certainly entitled to your opinion. Worthless or not, we are going through the process. Does it suck to send a transferable? Absolutely, as it will cost over $300 in shipping and insurance costs. This also messes with our plan for the M11/NINE. I bought a couple of M10s as there were multiple manufacturers. It also allows side by side evaluations. I only have one M11/NINE. When we had six units made for testing, one of those was sent to the FATD to get the clock started. Then I tested one unit. Since my unit did well, we sent the other three units out to Beta testers for 10,000 rounds of use with each. With only one M11/NINE, I will have to hold off shipping to the FATD until my unit has testing completed. This is the way it is now, so we will have to work within this framework. I'm not happy with it, but like I said, becoming a 07 is part of the plan, but it is not planned for now.

Scott
    Manager A&S Conversions L.L.C.

Either way, just keep us updated. I’m #16 on the list. Patiently waiting.

Thx

UZI Talk Life Member
    In the unlikely event the Tenko does not receive approval this time around, how would customers feel if they paid for a unit only to discover they owned contraband. What a cluster fuck that situation would be for everyone involved.

Doing things correctly isn’t always the easiest or most profitable way, but it’s usually best for everyone involved.
    Please visit my FB page for the latest CF-W bolt information.
    https://www.facebook.com/VegasSMG/?ref

I am baffled by people stating it should go to market before determination letter. Clearly risk is not something that concerns them at all. Personally after Akins and so many other accessories getting determination letters that they are a conversion device. I think that the personal and professional exposure of bringing something to market is completely dismissed by those who are unwilling to undertake such an endeavor. I would like to thank every individual that has driven the advances in this platform. To focus on a limited market with so many restrictions is appreciated, clearly a passion that has as much financial peril as opportunity.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Sucks but thanks for doing it right- that is the way to do this.
    Live BRAVE, Live FREE!

Thatís okay! The demand for the Tenko is going to be just as alive 120 days following. If it took a year Iíd still be more than happy.

+1. Do it right and sleep well.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Like a lot of things in life... if it was easy everyone would do it.

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by okent View Post
    +1. Do it right and sleep well.
    + 2, you are doing the right thing, always cover your arss, my tax refund awaits for mine (number 17)

I would think that not being a SOT and submitting a potential accessory for determination would be a potentially dangerous situation. If the determination came back that an accessory was a MG, wouldn't that make the submitter in possession of a unregistered MG at time of submission?

I know it hasn't in the past, but with the way things are changing at the agency, I could see this as a whole new way to to discourage submissions.

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by jdonovan View Post
    I would think that not being a SOT and submitting a potential accessory for determination would be a potentially dangerous situation. If the determination came back that an accessory was a MG, wouldn't that make the submitter in possession of a unregistered MG at time of submission?

I know it hasn't in the past, but with the way things are changing at the agency, I could see this as a whole new way to to discourage submissions.
    Just to be clear, such a new device being submitted is not anything until there was a determination. So if a submitted device is determined to be a machinegun, it is not a machinegun until the determination. So the submitter was never in possession of the "machinegun". The determination of an item to be a machinegun would stop the FATD from shipping the newly determined "machinegun" from being shipped back, but would have no penalty for the creator.

Shipping one of our transferable M10 RR machineguns to the FATD with a complete adapter system with upper will certainly more expensive. I would have liked to have some notice, instead of "Oh we don't make determinations anymore of an accessory without the complete firearm". I would have appreciated some notice, like "We will no longer make accessory determinations without the complete firearm after this date..." I agree that requiring the complete firearm to make an accessory determination, especially for a Registered Receiver machinegun will certainly cut down on submissions. I think that it will also complicate things at the FATD. They will need to make sure they keep the firearms straight. What kind of a problem would it be for two owners to receive the wrong machinegun? Or even worse, a machinegun gets misplaced?

For those of you keeping track, we have not received the adapter back from FATD. We are planning to pack another complete unit off this week. Hopefully like a problem with a Form, when the FATD receives the complete adapter system with RR, they will do the evaluation right away. Time will tell. We will certainly keep everyone up on developments as we get information.

Scott

UZI Talk Life Member
    I want to play. If you have to have a machine gun to make the adapter work like a machine gun then perhaps they will determine that it takes a machine gun to make a machine gun.

UZI Talk Life Member

The real key is that the Tenko adapter is an accessory, not a firearm. So there is only one firearm (the M10 RR) firing more than one round per pull of the trigger.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by A&S Conversions View Post
    Absolutely, as it will cost over $300 in shipping and insurance costs.
    Use USPS registered mail. Much cheaper than anything else. From New Hampshire to Needy with a $8000 value would be around $50.

Mit Matelske
    Rugu LLC

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by arch stanton View Post
    They will change their minds whenever they want. It has been done after determination letters have stated good to go before
    Like Bump Stocks, Open Bolt Semis, and the Atkins Accelerator, to name 3.

And shoestrings

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by mit View Post
    Use USPS registered mail. Much cheaper than anything else. From New Hampshire to Needy with a $8000 value would be around $50.

Mit Matelske
    Rugu LLC
    Is that just for just the lower? What did you use for the size and weight of the box? I am guessing a 16"x6"x12" box with a return shipment box on the inside, weighing 14lbs with the M10, Tenko adapter, stock, and 10.5" upper with 10,000.00 insurance. A friend estimated that it would be a little over $160 each way. Maybe I will get a pleasant surprise at the Post Office and it'll be cheaper.

Scott

UZI Talk Life Member
    I won’t ever use the USPS again for anything firearm. Caveat Emptor!

Quote Originally Posted by Walksalone View Post
    I won’t ever use the USPS again for anything firearm. Caveat Emptor!
    Then you must not do much firearm business. USPS Priority is absolutely the most reliable shipping method for all things firearms. You should always have your own business insurance to cover your shipments though as none of the shipping companies handle insurance claims well.

+ Reply to Thread