UZI Talk Forums
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Mac 10/45 suppressor setup question

Best Mac 10/45 suppressor setup question

Just bought a Mac 10/45. While it's in NFA jail, I figure I might as well get a 45 suppressor too. Three questions:

1- Looking at a Bowers VERS 45 can. What other suppressor should I look at for FA?

2- What upper in 45? I hear the fat ghost upper is less gassy than the Lage mk2 upper. Any input?

3- Threaded barrel or 3 lug? Thoughts on barrel attachment? Kinda worried about a threaded attachment coming loose during a mag dump.

I got 9mm covered. Max 10/31 upper inbound and a couple of 9mm cans in the safe. thanks for any input you have.

1) bowers I hear is good.they can re core a sionics also
    2) ghost right now is not slow fire, but better than stock for usability. I like my mk2, others here liken the -31
    3) you’d prob better off getting a sionic thread and double threading the end. A double threaded Eddie.

You could then use a 3 lug to thread adapter

Quote Originally Posted by LawBob View Post
    1) bowers I hear is good.they can re core a sionics also
    2) ghost right now is not slow fire, but better than stock for usability. I like my mk2, others here liken the -31
    3) you’d prob better off getting a sionic thread and double threading the end. A double threaded Eddie.

You could then use a 3 lug to thread adapter

Hmmmm. Off to look at Lage's website to see what barrel threading they offer with the mk2. thanks for the input.

UZI Talk Supporter

Thompson Machine also makes an excellent subgun can, the SG-2. It is a lightweight monocore can that is quiet and seems to control the gas pretty well. I've been nothing but happy with mine. They make it in both 9mm and 45. You'll most likely have to order it directly from Thompson Machine though, I don't think they have any distributors.

UZI Talk Supporter
    How does the VERS 45 and the SG-2 sound compared to a Gemtech Viper 45/ GSL Mac 45?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonGT View Post
    Hmmmm. Off to look at Lage's website to see what barrel threading they offer with the mk2. thanks for the input.

You can get the Mac threads or the .578x threads, maybe a 3 lug. I got the Mac coarse threads and is machine gun picked it up and threaded me the .578x24 in the end. Tros makes a 3lug adapter. That’s the best of all worlds.

I run a grey ghost upper with a viper 45(modified the grey ghost upper's front grip mount to allow the locking collar to work with it) and a lage mk2 upper with a silencer co octane 45 via a 3 lug mount and their adapter.

If the can is going to be used just for the m10 I'd get the GSL version of the viper 45 and run with it(they were the back end mfg for gemtech and their owner was gemtech's president for years). Gemtech isn't doing the cans anymore and gsl is starting to make them again although I don't believe they are in the catalog yet.

The gemtech can has less back pressure over the octane 45 even with the shorter, faster firing upper I'm getting less gas in the face. With the locking collar its not coming loose.

Collar installed on the grey ghost upper, the cut out on the front grip mount was opened up and the new screw holes were drilled and tapped.

Two uppers with their cans. You can see the silencerco 3 lug adapter added to the lage upper(which I bought with the normal threading for 45, not the m10 threading).

For the lage uppers that sit a little higher I'd get the acr stock adapter that zero cool on here is selling.

I think its too high for the stock height uppers although with a red dot and a side cocking upper it wouldn't be as big of a deal.

Edit: I think the reason the grey ghost is less gassy is that it has that brass deflector welded on that helps block the direct blowback. Between the two the lage is far easier to shoot, the grey ghost is going to work like a standard upper and be a lot faster. I'll let pretty much anyone have a go with the lage upper on the gun, the grey ghost I'm far more iffy about people shooting the ghost upper as its easier for them to walk it away from the target.

Quote Originally Posted by ccosby View Post
    I run a grey ghost upper with a viper 45(modified the grey ghost upper's front grip mount to allow the locking collar to work with it) and a lage mk2 upper with a silencer co octane 45 via a 3 lug mount and their adapter.

If the can is going to be used just for the m10 I'd get the GSL version of the viper 45 and run with it(they were the back end mfg for gemtech and their owner was gemtech's president for years). Gemtech isn't doing the cans anymore and gsl is starting to make them again although I don't believe they are in the catalog yet.

The gemtech can has less back pressure over the octane 45 even with the shorter, faster firing upper I'm getting less gas in the face. With the locking collar its not coming loose.

Collar installed on the grey ghost upper, the cut out on the front grip mount was opened up and the new screw holes were drilled and tapped.

Two uppers with their cans. You can see the silencerco 3 lug adapter added to the lage upper(which I bought with the normal threading for 45, not the m10 threading).

For the lage uppers that sit a little higher I'd get the acr stock adapter that zero cool on here is selling.

I think its too high for the stock height uppers although with a red dot and a side cocking upper it wouldn't be as big of a deal.

Edit: I think the reason the grey ghost is less gassy is that it has that brass deflector welded on that helps block the direct blowback. Between the two the lage is far easier to shoot, the grey ghost is going to work like a standard upper and be a lot faster. I'll let pretty much anyone have a go with the lage upper on the gun, the grey ghost I'm far more iffy about people shooting the ghost upper as its easier for them to walk it away from the target.
    Thanks man! Lots of good info!

I’ve had a Bowers CAC-45 for almost 20 years now, and it’s been upgraded a number of times as the baffle stacks improve. I’m still pretty happy with it. It’s currently got the VERS-458 stack in it, which is a pretty good improvement over the original M-baffle design.

I haven’t shot them side by side, but I was also impressed with the Viper-45 on a MAC.

Whatever can you go with, I would recommend not using the MAC threads unless you have a positive way to lock the can in place, such as with the Viper ratchet mount. A double-threaded barrel with fine pitch threads on the end works much better, as it will keep the can reasonably aligned, even if it starts to loosen. That’s not the case with the coarse MAC threads.
    Last edited by Garrett; 02-17-2019 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    I’ve had a Bowers CAC-45 for almost 20 years now, and it’s been upgraded a number of times as the baffle stacks improve. I’m still pretty happy with it. It’s currently got the VERS-458 stack in it, which is a pretty good improvement over the original M-baffle design.

I haven’t shot them side by side, but I was also impressed with the Viper-45 on a MAC.

Whatever can you go with, I would recommend not using the MAC threads unless you have a positive way to lock the cannon place, such as with the Viper ratchet mount. A double-threaded barrel with fine pitch threads on the end works much better, as it will keep the can reasonably aligned, even if it starts to loosen. That’s not the case with the coarse MAC threads.
    Thanks!

Anyone running an omega 45k?

I have shot one on a 9mm glock mag AR15 sbr not in FA and it was loud to me. Any of the K to me are uncomfortable to border line not hearing safe. My opinion but you cant have 3-4 less baffles and expect the same sound reduction. Not worth the shorter length to me

I went old school with a SIONICS can, and had Bowers recore it. Never looked (or heard) back!

What state? I have a Vers45 I don’t need anymore...

IMO there's nothing better than a Viper 45 for the M10/45. Looks, usability and performance, all covered.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Does the Gemtech Viper come with the locking collar or is that purchased separately? I've only seen picture of the back of the suppressor, never seen a picture of a locking ring other than the picture above by ccosby.

Yes, it comes with the locking collar.

Quote Originally Posted by No. 6 View Post
    Does the Gemtech Viper come with the locking collar or is that purchased separately? I've only seen picture of the back of the suppressor, never seen a picture of a locking ring other than the picture above by ccosby.
    They did come with them. Gemtech was selling spares too at one point. GSL Technology is selling the cans again under their own name and they come with the locking collar too. They also sell the locking collars in case you need a spare. I couldn't tell you if the collar on my m10 is the one from the gemtech box or the spare I got directly from GSL.

One thing I will say about GSL. When I bought a different suppressor from them they told me to have my dealer order it instead. They will give your dealer a dealer discount even if they are just ordering one can. He sold it to me for less than the msrp which is what they sell the cans for on their site.

Quote Originally Posted by jolague View Post
    I went old school with a SIONICS can, and had Bowers recore it. Never looked (or heard) back!
    Mind telling what that cost?

Have an old Sionics two stage that was converted to some sort of new core at some point and is still full of eyelets in the bigger first stage (based on the rattle when you shake it.

The newer core is nicer than wipes, but doesn't take advantage of the entire second stage with the last 2" being devoid of anything helping to quiet things down.

Been wanting to see who will do recores these days and what they're charging.

Thanks

ETA: nevermind, found this thread which answers my question

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showth...g-for-1k/page2
    Last edited by towerofpower93; 02-20-2019 at 02:04 PM.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by tlk View Post
    Thompson Machine also makes an excellent subgun can, the SG-2. It is a lightweight monocore can that is quiet and seems to control the gas pretty well. I've been nothing but happy with mine. They make it in both 9mm and 45. You'll most likely have to order it directly from Thompson Machine though, I don't think they have any distributors.
    Thompson Machine replaced the internals in my 2 stage Sionics suppressor with a monocore baffle of their design, while retaining the “old school” look.
    Timberwolf Up!:fm

Closed Thread