UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ATI Galil receivers?

ATI Galil receivers?

I’ve only played with the complete rifles. They seem really well made.
    I don’t know how much fitting is involved in the build. I do know ATI has come a long way in the last few years.

Still waiting on the rifles to become available. I want one of the wood ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post
    Still waiting on the rifles to become available. I want one of the wood ones.
    They're here!

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/taxons/galil

I'm sorely tempted myself, but would like to hear some feedback from others first. But the fact that Atlantic feels comfortable selling them helps!

For $329 it looks like a deal. I was tired of seeing all these kits for cheep with no receivers around to build them on. Ill be getting one as soon as my funds get going from this extended winter! Now if they would make a similarly priced VZ58 receiver I would be a happy builder!

UZI Talk Life Member
    Lewis & Black, Ikon, - Please let us know exactly what the warrantee is on these bare Galil receivers, as there have been multiple problems found on the Ikon Galil receivers, with no - New-"fixed" receivers found.
    (actually, the second Ikon receiver, with those huge L&B markings, looks, on initial review, to be just as bad as the first "prototype".

Atlantic Firearm - Please let us know what the warrantee is on the rifles (see above)
    Yes, I know your using the ATI receivers, but...….

Atlantic Firearms - ATI - how about sending one of your Galil receivers in for review?????

Please be specific, as to start date of warrantee (from day of manufacture-or day of purchase????)
    How long do you have to find problem, and send it back?
    What is, and isn't covered?
    Money back guarantee?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by AresShrike View Post
    ...there have been multiple problems found on the Ikon Galil receivers, with no - New-"fixed" receivers found.
    (actually, the second Ikon receiver, with those huge L&B markings, looks, on initial review, to be just as bad as the first "prototype".
    What's wrong with the Ikon receivers?

My TortTort #75 was machined poorly, and I was actually hoping that the ATI receivers would prove out good.

You sound like a weirdo cutting and pasting your demands all over the world-wide-web- have you actually built on any of these or handled them?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalashnikev View Post

My TortTort #75 was machined poorly, and I was actually hoping that the ATI receivers would prove out good.

You sound like a weirdo cutting and pasting your demands all over the world-wide-web- have you actually built on any of these or handled them?
    Machine marks on the outside of the receiver is something we have improved on.It shouldnt classify a receiver as machined poorly. Dimensionally our load bearing surfaces are better than any receiver on the market.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalashnikev View Post
    Incorrect heat treat hardness, serious warping, over size rails, omitted features etc... to start.
    Jeff Miller looked them over at aresshrike request

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=364609

I am thinking ATI and Ikon recievers are the same.
    Both companies are about 20 miles apart from each other, and it seems weird that 2 different mfgs of Galils in the exact same spot.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Kalashnikev - actually, I did "handle" the Ikon receiver, that was sent to Jeff Miller, by me, so he could further check it out.
    The Ikon receiver that was sent to me wasn't buildable, for the reasons mentioned already in posts here.
    Look it up, and you'll see "what's wrong with the Ikon receivers?"
    Among other things, the bolt carrier group wouldn't slide properly on the receiver rails, and wouldn't allow the bolt to go all the way forward, as it should.
    So, I sent it off to someone who's a true expert.
    That was the first receiver, and Jeff let me know, some of the things he found to be "wrong" with that Ikon receiver.
    He's been sent a second Ikon receiver, and I don't recall the specifics, but the overall picture was that it's still shit.
    You should do some research, check out that thread Tortort referred to, maybe you can get a better picture of what you're asking about after that.

You say that your Tortort receiver was "poorly machined"?
    You should be much more specific.
    Was it dimensionally accurate, in every way???
    Was it not heat treated properly?
    Did you address these concerns with Ben, at Tortort?
    Or did you just see some "swirls" on the outside of the receiver, that wouldn't show when finished anyway, and judge it to be "poorly machined"?

UZI Talk Life Member
    Kalashnikev - that "weirdo' comment made me think, yeah, now I remember you, aren't you the same "Kalashnikev" that was permanently banned from the AK-Files, for being an irritating (expletive)???

What "demands" did I post? I don't get that part.

You should do some research, before opening that mouth.

Tortort - "poorly machined", ridiculous.

"Just say'n"
    Last edited by AresShrike; 04-01-2019 at 02:08 PM.

Does anyone know if, when these new receivers were taped for the barrel threads, reusing existing barrels from old kits that still have intact barrels with the gasblock and machine work done was taken into consideration with regards to timing? I get that it really doesn't matter since all new kits have to get new barrels but for us guys that have had kits sitting around collecting dust, it would be a great selling point.

LOL- this just gets weirder and weirder!

I LOVE IT.

Maybe I should have dragged a phonograph needle over my receiver before having it leveled out- it probably would play Hava Nagilla, Eat a Tortilla.

Keep pastin', brother... but also do some new material.

I get a kick out of your tone.

Anyway, I'm not into the Ikon style, and I was the first one to warn the community about Pervy Rodney way back in 2017. Of course, at that time it was "Jeff Miller, Lewis Black, Scam operation? Ridiculous."

CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP on my freshly popped corn.

And... taking things back to the actual topic... does anyone have any feedback on the ATI receivers, please?

UZI Talk Life Member
    Ikon and I have talked- i'll leave that to them to post up.

but, I don't think they are the same as ATI.

from the pics. the ATI looks decent- time will tell.
    I'd love to see a full on torture test- 10K of tula/wolf/whatever is in the box.

as far as the other comments- someone never learned NOT to go off the ramp with their mouth open.

Happy Easter everyone!

+ Reply to Thread