UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any ideas on where to find an FNC rear sight?

Any ideas on where to find an FNC rear sight?

Came across a FNC in great shape (no box, but otherwise minimal wear) and bought it out the door for just under $2600. Only problem with it is that some lunatic decided he didn't like the rear apertures and did a really shitty job cutting them into open notch sights. By really shitty, I mean it looks like someone took bolt cutters from harbor freight to cut the apertures down.

Any idea where I could find a new rear sight aperture? I ordered a new AK5 rear sight assembly just for that part because it looks like it may fit, but I'd rather just have an actual FNC part.

In terms of disassembling the rear sight to replace it, do I just knock out the roll pin and then everything else comes apart?

RTG parts sells AK5 rear sights. They may be interchangeable.

I got all the FN Herstal rear sight parts, but not the protective "ears".
    Fuatos might have'm too, he allready lives in the USA

Paco

I will message him to see if he has any. The part I need is 721/715/728 on your diagram.

Quote Originally Posted by vellnueve View Post
    I will message him to see if he has any. The part I need is 721/715/728 on your diagram.
    I'm sure he has. Be advised, there are 2 Belgian army types. The oldest has tritiumlights installed and is wider. It is combined with a tritium frontsight.

The latest is like the civilian just a classic L shape 250-400m, it works with the small non titium frontsight.

He said he probably has one. Not sure which. Thanks for the tip!

No problem,
    In Belgium, they go like 25-35$ for the sporter L sight.
    The military with 2 woking tritiums (if found any) goes like 75$

And S&H So, in this case, stay in the USA for your solution.
    If not, PM me.

Thanks

Paco thanks again, he was able to provide me with the part and a few other spares that are in the mail!

Quote Originally Posted by vellnueve View Post
    Paco thanks again, he was able to provide me with the part and a few other spares that are in the mail!
    Glad you're all set up now.

With no rear sight you could have just used tracers to walk you on target. That would get expensive quick.

Quote Originally Posted by deadduck View Post
    Glad you're all set up now.

With no rear sight you could have just used tracers to walk you on target. That would get expensive quick.
    I had picked up RTG’s AK5 sight which looks like it would work just fine, but obviously prefer the original Belgian. Once it gets here I’ll be returning the AK5 stuff

Great, job done.
    Keep'm shooting...

Thanks again! New sight is installed!

I'm still looking for a rear sight for my earlier FNC. I think you helped me out a few years ago Paco, with some parts...but the rear sight parts didn't work as mine is an earlier version?
    I think these are the parts I have, but the ones I need are different.

Here are pics of my current rear sight. Anyone able to assist after a few years of searching? :-)

Name:  IMG_1593.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  128.8 KB

Name:  IMG_1594.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  180.3 KB

I suspect the roll pin that was way too big for my newer model site will work on that one.

Roll pin isn't a problem...I can have that made at work.
    But I need whatever else makes it work, from the detent to fixing hardware. Would love to see a pic of what I need.

Good heavens, that rifle is beat to chit..

You use it in armored car protection?

Or pounding floppies..

It came from Zimbabwe, been in their stores since the Rhodesian bush war. Recently a few deals were done to import FN's and other firearms from old stock in storage there. This was one of I think 2 x FNC's that they had there for some odd reason among thousands of other weapons. Must have been used against them back in the day, so I am hesitant to refurbish. Might just leave it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by SAMac View Post
    It came from Zimbabwe, been in their stores since the Rhodesian bush war. Recently a few deals were done to import FN's and other firearms from old stock in storage there. This was one of I think 2 x FNC's that they had there for some odd reason among thousands of other weapons. Must have been used against them back in the day, so I am hesitant to refurbish. Might just leave it like that.
    I think that FNC looks awesome as is, I'd for sure keep it like that if it was nice, outside of normal cleaning and wipe down after shooting, etc.

I'd like to see more pictures of it, if you don't mind. I'm an AK guy and like the "battlefield pickup" look. I regret having one of mine refinished years ago.

Here's the original post and pics. Are those Photobucket ones still showing up? If not, I'll upload here.
    Since then, I got a bolt, new handguards and the trigger guard. So only the rear sight incomplete. Decided not to refinish it.
    Shoots like a dream..smooth.

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showth...C-back-to-life.

+ Reply to Thread