UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why canted foregrips on Macs?

UZI Talk Supporter

Why canted foregrips on Macs?

I've been seeing this for years, and I've always wondered if it is canted for a reason. Is there a reason to use a canted foregrip?

UZI Talk Supporter
    Not sure about MACs specifically, but canted grips allow you to put more downward/backward pressure vs VFG

I've tried both canted and straight foregrips on a MP5 clone. I felt that the canted ones were a bit more comfortable to use than the straight ones, and I found them to make recoil management a bit easier too, though that might be just me.

Short length of the Lage max series can be more ergonomic

UZI Talk Supporter
    My Romy AK has the Angled FG. Honestly, it's fine, but it doesn't do much for recoil management on a SA

UZI Talk Supporter
    I always wanted to try it but worried about it putting my hand closer to the end of the muzzle. Having a worn bolt one time and getting a ND scared the everloving crap out of me.

Hold your fist out in front of you vertically at arms length. It naturally angles forward at full extension, like a handgun grip. Now start pulling your fist back toward you in a straight line. Notice that as your hand rotates, the vertical axis of your fist naturally starts to angle back as you bring it closer to your body. That's ergonomics.

I'm not sure who originated the forward canted grips, but basically they fit the human body better on extremely short guns.

Same goes for pistol grips on a rifle.

Hold a traditional rifle forward arm extended and the rifle more across your body (body somewhat sideways to target). THe pistol grip will be more Angled

Now in a more pdw type position with both shoulders equally facing the target (usually with a shorter weapon) you’ll need a more vertical pistol grip as you shooting hand is closer to your chest. Hence the magpul k2 grips and others

It increases your leverage on the muzzle of the weapon as it tries to climb north east with each successive round. The increased leverage aids in control and on target performance.

Quote Originally Posted by sniperdoc View Post
    My Romy AK has the Angled FG. Honestly, it's fine, but it doesn't do much for recoil management on a SA
    I had one of those donkey dongs on a rommy g, finally sold it and swapped it for one of those fat swelled handguards like what was on the maadi Red Dawn guns. I like it better than the angled grip.

Mr. Miata
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Gaujo, this is always an option...
    AWWWW NUTS!

REAL MEN DRIVE MIATAS

UZI Talk Life Member
    Personal preference I don’t care for them I get the ergonomics of it but a standard grip works better for me though for me it functions as more of a backstop for a wrap around grip on the front of the upper. Don’t care for the feel and they look dorky like the pocket protectors of the submachine gun universe.
    Live BRAVE, Live FREE!

UZI Talk Life Member
    If you need balls on your gun... wow! I mean if itís your preferred grip AND just feels right in your hands.. to each his own!
    Live BRAVE, Live FREE!

UZI Talk Life Member
    Because Richard said so, that’s why.
    Signature

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by medphys View Post
    Because Richard said so, that’s why.
    This works for me.

UZI Talk Life Member

I can’t stand the cant on my max11k, it doesn’t leave enough room between the lil on the fro t and the grip. If I could straighten it, and /or swap with the one with the rail on it without costing too much I would

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jt526 View Post
    I can’t stand the cant on my max11k, it doesn’t leave enough room between the lil on the fro t and the grip. If I could straighten it, and /or swap with the one with the rail on it without costing too much I would
    Yea you can't. I went the other way and swapped the rail for the grip, but it was very hard to mount.

+ Reply to Thread