UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst 1 21 31

Thread: The UltiMac, a modular Mac upper.

UZI Talk Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman View Post
    Only 11 different pieces in permutation!
    My assumption is that the original quote of "millions of combinations" is a bit of a intentional exaggeration, of course. =)
    However, I suppose that if you were to count not only magwells, but calibers, barrels, handguards, gas types (DI or piston), gas system length, etc etc.....then there are a large number of combinations of parts possible.
    Either way, I'm glad to see positive results out of the beta units that have thus far been released.

Quote Originally Posted by theredneckengineer View Post
    Just for grins, the M10 ‹berMac, takes DPMS AR10 mags, BCG, handguard, and 7.62x51 ammo.

Attachment 35249
    You are making me sick? Now need to get a M10. Any plan to adapt this to the M11/9 for Magpul 308 mag?

My assumption is that the original quote of "millions of combinations" is a bit of a intentional exaggeration, of course. =)
    However, I suppose that if you were to count not only magwells, but calibers, barrels, handguards, gas types (DI or piston), gas system length, etc etc.....then there are a large number of combinations of parts possible.
    Either way, I'm glad to see positive results out of the beta units that have thus far been released.
    That is exactly what I meant. Think of all the number of calibers you can chamber an AR for, then there’s all the various mag well changes this will be able to take, then you have choices of all manner of different barrel lengths, gas systems, handguards, stocks, foregrips, optics. I realize some of these are relatively minor, but I’d bet on a whole there really WILL be millions of different configurations possible. Now that I’m vindicated, here’s one more w a shorty 5.56 and m203.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1iBsUpiPfDw

UZI Talk Life Member
    ^ challenger....I mailed a mac charging handle to Redneck. fyi. found it in my gear while cleaning up the other day.- Houston

Dude! Awesome!! Thanks. It doesn’t matter now, I already replaced it, b/c I just assumed it was long gone, but it’s easy to lose when that uppers off, so it definitely won’t hurt to have an extra. I really appreciate that.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by challenger70rt View Post
    Love it!

My assumption is that the original quote of "millions of combinations" is a bit of a intentional exaggeration
    I've heard that %93.8 of statistics are made up.

That is exactly what I meant. Think of all the number of calibers you can chamber an AR for, then there’s all the various mag well changes this will be able to take, then you have choices of all manner of different barrel lengths, gas systems, handguards, stocks, foregrips, optics. I realize some of these are relatively minor, but I’d bet on a whole there really WILL be millions of different configurations possible. Now that I’m vindicated, here’s one more w a shorty 5.56 and m203.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1iBsUpiPfDw
    Curious about that combination of 12” m203 and 5.56 barrel length. Any noticeable blast/flash damage to the end of the m203 barrel?

UZI Talk Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by geeko9mm View Post
    You are making me sick? Now need to get a M10. Any plan to adapt this to the M11/9 for Magpul 308 mag?
    I have not had time to take this any further than a solid model.
    There are no plans to make more than one of them for the M10 and no plans to make one for the M11 or M11/9.
    I have my hands full trying to get the final M11/9 and M11 prototype uppers machined and the last of my M10 beta uppers finished and test fired.

However....
    I know of at least one 12 and/or 20 gauge roller delayed blowback M10 and m11/9 upper being designed right now, maybe it can be repurposed to 308 after they bring them to market?
    Last edited by theredneckengineer; 07-31-2020 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Clarification

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iDibsJ4Om64

Hereís some video clips Iíve taken edited together. This is all 5.56. I didnít have anyone around to video the cmmg, and havenít had a chance to run the 300 blk yet, other then a quick function check.

What happened at the 59 second mark?

UZI Talk Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by KickStand View Post
    What happened at the 59 second mark?
    I changed the rifles position, aimed at a different target, and finished off the mag while looking to see if my cheap tracers were indeed tracing.
    They were.

UZI Talk Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by strobro32 View Post
    Love it!

I've heard that %93.8 of statistics are made up.

"Never believe everything you read on the internet"
    - Abe Lincoln (probably)

Quote Originally Posted by sparky923 View Post
    Curious about that combination of 12” m203 and 5.56 barrel length. Any noticeable blast/flash damage to the end of the m203 barrel?
    Actually, I was worried about that too, luckily it was just fine. I used a standard A2 birdcage without cuts on the bottom, and I think that helped divert blast away from the barrel of the 203.

I just submitted paperwork on an M11 and have an M10 at home. The development of rifle uppers is so exciting and I don't know what to get! I'm waiting to see the progress of the various projects and I am so appreciative that you're sharing so much in this forum.
    Nothing more to contribute to the convo but my thanks, at the moment.

Very interested in a M11A1 upper.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
    I just submitted paperwork on an M11 and have an M10 at home. The development of rifle uppers is so exciting and I don't know what to get! I'm waiting to see the progress of the various projects and I am so appreciative that you're sharing so much in this forum.
    Nothing more to contribute to the convo but my thanks, at the moment.
    Get a 2nd M10 is what to get!

Keep Up The Awesome Work RedNeck Engineer!
    Despite the Anti Thinking Folks, will be so worth it for all concerned & you should make a ton of money $$$!

Quote Originally Posted by Galil#1 View Post
    Keep Up The Awesome Work RedNeck Engineer!
    Despite the Anti Thinking Folks, will be so worth it for all concerned & you should make a ton of money $$$!
    Agreed! Is there any update to the project? Looking forward to it!

FFL/C&R
    UZI Talk Supporter
    Yep, me too. Would be great to get mine before year end for our Christmas celebration.
    Lonnie Gustin - Prattsville, Arkansas

UZI Talk Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Tony-Ri View Post
    Agreed! Is there any update to the project? Looking forward to it!
    There is. I've got a few changes to make to the charging handle assembly so a fixed handle or a folding handle can be used. I've changed the ejection port slightly so it will accommodate the larger calibers like the 458 SOCOM and 450 Bushmaster without issue.
    I had to make the same changes to the M11/A1 ultimac which was kinda tricky, thus some delays with those.

Thankfully, I now have a fellow UT member living nearby and I have access to his baby mac for R&D. That really speeds things up.

UZI Talk Life Member
    450! Thanks for accommodating larger rounds for those of us who do it because we can no reason needed.

Keep at it, this is awesome!
    Live BRAVE, Live FREE!

+ Reply to Thread