UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 12 34 LastLast

Thread: The UltiMac, a modular Mac upper.

UZI Talk Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by bruh44 View Post
    I'd be in for an M11/9 belt fed version.
    I will be doing M10 belt feds first but M11 will come shortly after.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Hell of a skunk works project. Love it. I’m getting on the list. The expansion of rifle uppers for Mac series guns is really one of best things to have occurred in MG world since Lage first offered the slow fire uppers.

UZI Talk Life Member

The M10 love is overwhelming. I just picked up an M11a1, but emailed for AR and AK magwell options.

UZI Talk Life Member

Emailed

UZI Talk Supporter
    I'll get the mag wells as they come to market I'll be happy to just get a M-10 upper in 556 and 7.62x39 to start.

I told you you would sell these things like 2 dollar hookers on Sat. RE.

Better buy extra coolant for the machines and start the coffee pot!

Rich

UZI Talk Supporter
    Well done, I’d definitely be game for 7.62x39 for the m11.
    God, Family, Guns.....Life is Good! ROMANS 10:9-10

UZI Talk Life Member

I actually had a hard time coming up with magwells I wanted other than AK47, AK74 and AR. All the pistol mags I would want in a modular grip, hoping someone offers such things in the future. 10/22 mags would be nice I guess, if it could run with drums. Compact 9mm drums would be cool, but there really isn't anything out there other than Suomi drums. EVO drums are too expensive, the stick mags are cheap but might as well run a smaller stockish upper at that point.

UZI Talk Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by bigj480 View Post
    I actually had a hard time coming up with magwells I wanted other than AK47, AK74 and AR. All the pistol mags I would want in a modular grip, hoping someone offers such things in the future. 10/22 mags would be nice I guess, if it could run with drums. Compact 9mm drums would be cool, but there really isn't anything out there other than Suomi drums. EVO drums are too expensive, the stick mags are cheap but might as well run a smaller stockish upper at that point.
    Glock drums are cheap, PPSh drums aren't too bad, Thompson drums are somewhat affordable.
    The upper is really designed around rifle cal stuff but I figured it would be cool to have the option of pistol cal stuff, especially with the CMMG delayed blowback bolts and barrels on the market.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Emailed

I'd very much like to see an upper using Scorpion EVO mags for the M11A1. I think it would be great for the M10 too, but I already have a MAX-10/31 so I don't need a 9mm upper for the M10. While I don't yet have a M11A1 I hope to acquire one eventually. I think the Suomi mag situation is going to get worse, not better. Having a gun that feeds of current production magazines with multiple manufactures seems like a good bet. Of course a lot of people will prefer Glock mags for that, but I like the Scorpion mags both for function and aesthetics.

Email sent to get on the list. Also, please remember when you begin designing the slightly larger version (hint hint) to handle the AR-10 platform, to make sure that the ejection port is large enough to clear 12 gauge shells (hint hint). I call first dibs on the Saiga 12 drum magazine well.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Email sent on a M11 & M10 uppers.

The belt fed is a given.

UZI Talk Supporter
    I’m in your neck of the woods. Any chance for a range day some time?
    I have several Mac variants.

Emailed as well.

Emailed and subscribed to your YouTube channel! Can't wait and also interested in being a beta tester.

Requesting an m11a1 version. Would be interested in multiple calibers

UZI Talk Supporter

Sent email, interested in multiple calibers for multiple Mac platforms.

UZI Talk Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by rhouston8 View Post
    Hell of a skunk works project. Love it. Iím getting on the list. The expansion of rifle uppers for Mac series guns is really one of best things to have occurred in MG world since Lage first offered the slow fire uppers.
    It's your fault I made this thing.
    I blame you.
    Ever since I shot your old PS gun when we first shot MGs, I've been hooked on having a bullet hose with the ergonomics of a cinder block.

Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    I'll get the mag wells as they come to market I'll be happy to just get a M-10 upper in 556 and 7.62x39 to start.
    I told you you would sell these things like 2 dollar hookers on Sat. RE.
    Better buy extra coolant for the machines and start the coffee pot!
    Rich
    Please inform me of the location of above referenced $2 hookers.
    Just so I know what area to, um. avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Landric View Post
    I'd very much like to see an upper using Scorpion EVO mags for the M11A1. I think it would be great for the M10 too, but I already have a MAX-10/31 so I don't need a 9mm upper for the M10. While I don't yet have a M11A1 I hope to acquire one eventually. I think the Suomi mag situation is going to get worse, not better. Having a gun that feeds of current production magazines with multiple manufactures seems like a good bet. Of course a lot of people will prefer Glock mags for that, but I like the Scorpion mags both for function and aesthetics.
    I'll add Evo mags to the list; lots of guys have asked about them. I agree that they're an excellent mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Esox View Post
    Email sent to get on the list. Also, please remember when you begin designing the slightly larger version (hint hint) to handle the AR-10 platform, to make sure that the ejection port is large enough to clear 12 gauge shells (hint hint). I call first dibs on the Saiga 12 drum magazine well.
    I've already got a 7.62 (AR10/LR10) upper in the works, it's about halfway solid modeled. I don't know if I'll ever actually sell any.

I don't personally understand why someone would want a shotgun upper for their mac, but.....free country.

Quote Originally Posted by Wetworks View Post
    Iím in your neck of the woods. Any chance for a range day some time?
    I have several Mac variants.
    Of course! Any DFW (or TX) members interested in running a mag or twenty through an upper should feel free to contact me.
    I have a private range I shoot at, as shown in the videos.

Drop me an email or a PM on here.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Great to see this innovation.
    Good luck on the project!

UZI Talk Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by mattnh View Post
    Great to see this innovation.
    Good luck on the project!
    Thank you!

+ Reply to Thread