UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: VIDEO, LAGE MFG. 22 Sub-Cal conversion

I couldn’t do anything Today except shoot, everything's closed.
    Nothing special.

Last edited by KickStand; 03-28-2020 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Minor adjustment to vid.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KickStand View Post
    I couldn’t do anything Today except shoot, everything's closed.
    Nothing special. Vid is also at top of page.

Man that things runs amazing. Good shooting at the yardage you were at, and using iron sights. Get with BRNIB and teach him how to use iron sights. Seems he can’t hit anything with any of his subMachineguns at any yardage with iron sights. Thank you sir!!!!
    If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.-Ronald Reagan

UZI Talk Life Member
    I dare you to shoot up a 20 pack of toilet paper and You Tube it.

Quote Originally Posted by komodoj View Post
    Man that things runs amazing. Good shooting at the yardage you were at, and using iron sights. Get with BRNIB and teach him how to use iron sights. Seems he canít hit anything with any of his subMachineguns at any yardage with iron sights. Thank you sir!!!!
    Thanks Komodoj,
    I vividly remember seeing him shook his Ac556k at a snowman or in the snowmanís general direction and it was hilarious. Iím hoping he will upload another video and redeem himself. I will say the last video I saw of him shooting, he did a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by skoda View Post
    I dare you to shoot up a 20 pack of toilet paper and You Tube it.
    That would be great but unfortunately I donít have a 20 pack of TP and the stores are still empty. We are having a hard time gettin diapers for our 21 month old.
    Last edited by KickStand; 03-27-2020 at 11:13 PM.

UZI Talk Life Member
    [/QUOTE]That would be great but unfortunately I don’t have a 20 pack of TP and the stores are still empty. We are having a hard time gettin diapers for our 21 month old.[/QUOTE]

If you did I think that you might be lynched or dragged off to the nut house.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Nice range.

chiNAH virus range day. Canít really do anything else bc everythingís closed and will be for the next 30 days.
    I put approximately 1,100 rounds down range today with this upper and CAN. The last 300 rounds I started to get Rim-Lock with the Lightnin Grip Loader.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I think there may be a life span to the Lighning grip loaders or the Lage adapters they make. I noticed that they progressively get worse at loading the mags. Rim lock problem grow with use. I wonder if it's the loader or the adapter that wears out.

Quote Originally Posted by strobro32 View Post
    I think there may be a life span to the Lighning grip loaders or the Lage adapters they make. I noticed that they progressively get worse at loading the mags. Rim lock problem grow with use. I wonder if it's the loader or the adapter that wears out.
    I was thinking the same thing. Itís getting worse with every mag.
    I have another adapter that Iím going to try.
    I plan on cleaning it first and seeing what happens.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Shoot the used diapers :-)

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KickStand View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Itís getting worse with every mag.
    I have another adapter that Iím going to try.
    I plan on cleaning it first and seeing what happens.
    New adapter on old loader? That should be a good experiment. We should inform the manufacturer. I imagine we are in the higher volume side of their user group.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaujo View Post
    New adapter on old loader? That should be a good experiment. We should inform the manufacturer. I imagine we are in the higher volume side of their user group.
    I agree 100% maybe someone who has both old and new could try that and see what happens.
    I used my loader/adapter today for three hours on and off with friends and family. No problems with the straw and not over pulling the trigger.

Only video that I have from today.

I’m starting to get a mark on the bolt from the side charging upper, see below.
    Has anyone else experienced this?
    Last edited by KickStand; 04-19-2020 at 03:31 PM.

UZI Talk Life Member
    When shooting with a side charging upper, you need to rest your thumb on the charging handle to keep it forward. Otherwise it will bounce and wear the bolt. If the burr gets too big, just knock off the edges with a file or Dremel. It won’t affect function.
    Richard Lage
    Lage Manufacturing, L.L.C.
    www.max-11.com

I had practical solutions upgrade my side cocker to their spring loaded handle return because of the same problem. I also thought that if the handle was moving back where the bolt could hit it, that would probably slow the bolt and hurt performance. I have yet to test it since conversion though.

Quote Originally Posted by m11stuff@hotmail.com View Post
    When shooting with a side charging upper, you need to rest your thumb on the charging handle to keep it forward. Otherwise it will bounce and wear the bolt. If the burr gets too big, just knock off the edges with a file or Dremel. It wonít affect function.
    Thanks for the advice and will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac11/9 View Post
    I had practical solutions upgrade my side cocker to their spring loaded handle return because of the same problem. I also thought that if the handle was moving back where the bolt could hit it, that would probably slow the bolt and hurt performance. I have yet to test it since conversion though.
    That might be an option for me.

What was the cost?

I looked through all of my emails, but I can’t find a total cost on the conversion. I must’ve called and talked to them about it. All I could find email wise was a cost of around $100 for the parts. Off the top of my head, I wanna say it was around $200, but it was 5 years ago, so don’t quote me on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac11/9 View Post
    I looked through all of my emails, but I can’t find a total cost on the conversion. I must’ve called and talked to them about it. All I could find email wise was a cost of around $100 for the parts. Off the top of my head, I wanna say it was around $200, but it was 5 years ago, so don’t quote me on that.
    Thank you.
    It’ll be staying the way it came.

Well I filled up this plastic jug with brass that was shot out of the Lage m11/22. After owning the Lage conversion kit for a few months, I made a conscious effort to pick up the brass after each range session. I canít say all the brass is just from the Lage conversion but I can say at least 90% is; nevertheless, Iím sure thereís a lot of brass I missed.
    This has filled the role of my dream gun, a Norrell 10/22. Itís becoming more and more clear that Iíll never be able to afford one but Iím more than content with this.

My friends Norrell Trigger pack / integrally suppressed 10/22. Iíve been trying to buy this gun for years.

+ Reply to Thread