$vboptions[bbtitle]
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 5

Thread: Curtis Tactical's new CT9KS coaxial suppressor

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    What powder are you using, or factory ammo?
    Chris Hipes
    Hipes Consulting Services LLC
    FFL/SOT 07/02
    poulan10takethisoutsoidonotgetmorespam@yahoo.com
    North Texas

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chili17 View Post
    What powder are you using, or factory ammo?
    My typical load is 3.7Gr Titegroup over a 147Gr projectile.

I know max charge is supposed to be 3.6 but I've tested up to 4.0Gr and very comfortable with this load. Been using this load for probably around 15 yrs or so.

Most of what I've run through this can so far has been 3.7Gr of Titegroup over 147Gr RMR bullets.

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Does not seem to bad for 5k put through it. I really like the RMR pistol bullets too. Been using some pull down powder for the last 10 years or so in 9mm and need to find a new powder for 147gr load.
    Chris Hipes
    FFL/SOT 07/02
    North Texas

UZI Talk Life Member
    Do you not like Titegroup?
    I started out using W231 back in the day and found that the blast baffle in my original MK9K (aluminum blast baffle) wore out to about .75". Back then there was also talk about Winchester White box using a powder similar or the same as W231 and some were saying it was an abrasive powder so I stopped using it and spoke to Doc Dater back then who was suggesting VV320 which is like 2x the cost of everything else. I ran a couple kegs of it and it dried up and decided I wanted to stick to a powder that was more readily available and cheaper. Which is when I started using Titegroup and been using it ever since.
    Also used Bullseye and had good luck with that too but just kept going back to Titegroup which I use for .40SW and 45ACP as well.

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    I bought some to try for 147gr 9mm, just have not gotten around to it. I acquired 60lbs of what we call "grey flake" pull down powder and have been using that in 9mm. I'm just running real low. Been loading titegroup in .45acp, .380, .32acp and for reduced loads in .44mag, .357mag. Also been loading subsonic .556, .308 and .45/70 with it. Made a nice plinking load for the wildcat 404/450 2.5" with a 405gr bullet going about 1500fps. I'm really liking titegroup. Funny thing is I bought it to try in 9mm and have tried it in everything but
    Chris Hipes
    FFL/SOT 07/02
    North Texas

+ Reply to Thread