UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4

Thread: Why Me?

I ordered some additional mag springs from Black Dog. Thought they were for these mags but they were actually shorter. Regardless they were the same gauge and appeared to be the same tension. I cut them in half and added them under my stock mag springs. Nothing real scientific about it but it just seemed that the original springs were weak. Adding in the extra spring pretty much took care of my problem with the follower failing to rise. I achieved equally good results with 2.5" of wooden dowel in the bottom of the mag but when I loaded to 25 rounds the spring was bottomed out against the dowel. Didn't feel that was best for it in the long run so I went with the extra (partial) spring to achieve the same increase in pressure but still allow some play. With some more experimenting I might be able to get up to 30 rounds but I'm happy just to have it working.

UZI Talk Life Member

This is interesting and aligns with what Kickstand was seeing.

I'll email Blackdog and ask them for a recommendation for an appropriate spring with greater compression. Some of their AR22 mags (40 rounders I think) come with 2 springs for just this reason. I'll see if any of those can be swapped and to what effect.
    My name is actually Scott and I really do live in Texas.

I know, not very creative but it is factual.

By the way - Facebook is truly evil; resist the urge to participate.

UZI Talk Life Member

Blackdog says they don't make the M11/22 springs..."Lage manufactures them". Or they outsource that. In any case, she forwarded on to Lage this discussion with a potential outcome of stronger springs. I'd be a beta tester and I'm sure others would too.

If new springs come out I would be a buyer. Probably more reliable then my two spring setup that tends to bind when over compressed.

UZI Talk Life Member

Jackie Lage emailed me and gist of it was be careful about rim lock. So there is no interest there in testing stronger springs.

I have had a lot of recommendations about rim lock, and rightfully so as it as a common and easy user fault, but I can say with a good degree confidence that it was not the issue that I was experiencing.

+ Reply to Thread