UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast

Thread: Why Me?

UZI Talk Life Member
    I hope you get it working. They really are fun and a nice change of pace over the 9mm uppers.

On loading:
    I love my Lightning Grip Loader for S&W 15-22 mags but I more often use the metal Lage loader for the M-11/22 mags. I usually load by hand the first 20 rounds then use the loader. The Lage metal loader allows me to ID rim stacking in the mags before I completely finish loading. I rarely load more than 32 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by smec_289 View Post
    My long awaited Lage .22 kit arrived. Fit and finish are great. Unfortunately the mags not so much. I have a very nice 0-6 round burst piece of equipment. Main problem is that the follower fails to lift the cartridge up into position. Also have problems with poor feed angle. Clearly I am in the minority because of the all of the good reviews I have read and the videos of these things running well. If it wasn't for that I'd say this this thing is a gimmick. My current plan is to buy a couple more mags to steal the springs so that i can double up on them (i can spin up a nice little connector on the lathe) but i feel cheated having to do that. Any recommendations? Also, just to get this out of the way I am using golden bullets, graphite lube, a loader, I don't have rim lock, the mag is seated, and i spent some quality time cycling the follower with a brass rod to break it in. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachment 35452
    Welcome to the PITA known as 22 conversion kits. I had one that worked pretty well for my uzi, if you kept the 4 mags it came with clean. Never worked with any other 22 mags. The Lage kit for the M11/9 never worked more than 2-3 shots then jam, and I even went so far as to have him fit it to my gun.

I've come to the conclusion that 22 conversion kits aren't worth the trouble. And 22 isn't that cheap anymore like it used to be. 9mm works great.

Mr. Miata
    UZI Talk Life Member
    OK, you have to remember that your $7K machine gun is really a $250 machine gun that was made prior to modern manufacturing and as such playing around is occasionally required. That the vast majority of Lage MFG .22 kits work really well is amazing. Don't double up on springs. If you don't get things working, contact Lage MFG and I'm sure they will make things right.

As a general rule, it is always a good practice to contact a manufacture (who makes a living and employs others) for assistance prior to posting on the web. As others have mentioned Lage MFG customer service is out of this world. Posting about "gimmicks" and "cheated" without allowing the manufacturer even a chance to make things right serves only to sully the reputation. Yes, I'm a Lage MFG fan boy, but this general rule is a good one to follow in our modern "internet age" where online reputation makes or breaks a company.
    AWWWW NUTS!

REAL MEN DRIVE MIATAS

Quote Originally Posted by Jmacken37 View Post
    OK, you have to remember that your $7K machine gun is really a $250 machine gun that was made prior to modern manufacturing and as such playing around is occasionally required. That the vast majority of Lage MFG .22 kits work really well is amazing. Don't double up on springs. If you don't get things working, contact Lage MFG and I'm sure they will make things right.

As a general rule, it is always a good practice to contact a manufacture (who makes a living and employs others) for assistance prior to posting on the web. As others have mentioned Lage MFG customer service is out of this world. Posting about "gimmicks" and "cheated" without allowing the manufacturer even a chance to make things right serves only to sully the reputation. Yes, I'm a Lage MFG fan boy, but this general rule is a good one to follow in our modern "internet age" where online reputation makes or breaks a company.
    I assume that this is directed at me? Well, first, I do like Lage stuff. I own one of his uppers and it works great. I own two 22 conversion kits for two different machine guns, and they both got so frustrating, I gave up on them. I think the fact is that these guns were not designed to shoot 22 ammo. No amount of tinkering can get around that. I sent it to Lage to get it fitted. Didn't help. Not his fault. He's a good guy in my book -- and he doesn't need your support real bad -- his reputation is beyond reproach in this crowd. BTW, when they were pumping M11/NINES out in the mid-80's, they were a lot cheaper than $250. Its more like a $75 gun that I paid $1200 for.

And no self respecting 'real man' would be caught dead in a gay, rice burner Miata. Have some self respect dude.

Mr. Miata
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Hi pmf, not directed to you. Just a reminder that it is a better practice to deal with the manufacturer directly before posting on the web.

P.s. Miatas are the best!
    AWWWW NUTS!

REAL MEN DRIVE MIATAS

Mr. Jmacken37 , I respectively disagree with your critique of my handling of the situation and actually find pmf’s comments, though crass, to be of greater value. Allow me to elaborate on my three points of contention.

Firstly, Your choice of singular word quotations strikes me as out of context. I did use the words you quoted but I also led with “Fit and finish are great” and “Unfortunately the mags [which are clearly labeled Black Dog] not so much.” I also stated that “Clearly I am in the minority because of the all of the good reviews I have read and the videos of these things running well.” After all of that I did remark that “If it wasn't for that I'd say this this thing is a gimmick.” (emphasis added). Also, just to make sure that no one was offended I stated specifically in this post that “Mr. Lage - your reputation for service after the sale is stellar so if I have to admit defeat I'm sure you can get it figured out.”

Secondly, I purchased a product. The product did not work as advertised. I sought the communities’ help on resolving. I stated that if I was unable to resolve the issue that I would send it back to Mr. Lage. Where precisely do you take issue with this process? Do you believe that I do not really have an issue? That I shouldn’t make any attempt to repair it myself? That I was not truthful in my statement that “Mr. Lage - your reputation for service after the sale is stellar so if I have to admit defeat I'm sure you can get it figured out”? If I am unable to report an experience with a MAC style firearm on a forum for the discussion of said firearms then what are we here for?

Lastly, although I applaud your efforts to preserve the good name of a well-respected business man, I feel that his credentials can stand on their own and your expounding of how a business works was patronizing.

One more thing, and this is only related tangentially, I feel the Miata is a fine car and has proven its worth in the SCCA racing circuit.

Mr. pmf, I hope that I have better luck (and no reason to think i won't at this point) but thanks for the straight assessment, I'd rather hear an uncomfortable truth than a cheery falsehood.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Ok let's let that be it for the drama. Let us know how things turn out after you tune it / send it in.

UZI Talk Life Member

As some friendly advice, some of these posts should be deleted. You’ll appreciate that you did with time and more perspective.
    Last edited by ScottinTexas; 02-18-2020 at 10:16 AM.
    My name is actually Scott and I really do live in Texas.

I know, not very creative but it is factual.

By the way - Facebook is truly evil; resist the urge to participate.

Quote Originally Posted by pmf View Post
    Welcome to the PITA known as 22 conversion kits. I had one that worked pretty well for my uzi, if you kept the 4 mags it came with clean. Never worked with any other 22 mags. The Lage kit for the M11/9 never worked more than 2-3 shots then jam, and I even went so far as to have him fit it to my gun.

I've come to the conclusion that 22 conversion kits aren't worth the trouble. And 22 isn't that cheap anymore like it used to be. 9mm works great.
    Yes sir. That's why I avoid 22 conversion kits, too much trouble. My buddy root has a kit for his MAC 10 and it will work fine for a few mags, then as soon as it gets dirty, the fun ends. I don't remember the brand but it uses a 10/22 mag that sticks out the side.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    Yes sir. That's why I avoid 22 conversion kits, too much trouble. My buddy root has a kit for his MAC 10 and it will work fine for a few mags, then as soon as it gets dirty, the fun ends. I don't remember the brand but it uses a 10/22 mag that sticks out the side.
    It's a flemming kit probably only 1 of 3 that run in the whole country.
    Flemming kits have the opposite reputation of the Lage kits.

The ruger 10/22 butler creek hot lips mags is the only mags that I have found that run 100% in it.

The ones with the steel lips as mentioned when dirty at about 500 rounds and you can watch the cycle rate start to slow then the gun will just stop.

A good cleaning and G2G for 500 more rounds.

I have BD 22 mags for my dedicated ar15/m16 22 upper as mentioned those seem to be hit and miss.
    The three factory mags work 100% all the time the BD mags have good days and bad.
    It just might be the mags in general with your gun.

Rich
    Last edited by root; 02-18-2020 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottinTexas View Post
    As some friendly advice, some of these posts should be deleted. You’ll appreciate that you did with time and more perspective.
    Agreed, posts that make gun owners look like homophobic, ignorant people definitely don't help our cause. Also not productive.

Mr. Miata
    UZI Talk Life Member
    smec_289,

I appreciate your points, and also the well spoken and rational manner in which you convey them.
    Please don't take this as patronizing, as that is certainly not my intent. I just want to share my experience...

The NFA community is very small. We have a tendency to eat our own and I think few of us community members appreciate the risks involved with serving this community. The handful of businesses (individual members of our community usually) that have taken the extra risk to provide goods and services to this niche market are very vulnerable to publicly placed criticism. Of course, any community member has the right to publicly vent their opinions or review on a product. What I'm asking is that we community members do these vulnerable businesses a favor and approach them first with our concerns (prior to posting in a public forum). In this way, they have an opportunity to "make things right" or perhaps fill in a knowledge gap. Yes, I agree with you, Lage MFG are able to stand on their own.

P.s. thanks for the Miata love!
    AWWWW NUTS!

REAL MEN DRIVE MIATAS

smec_289,

I appreciate your points, and also the well spoken and rational manner in which you convey them.
    Please don't take this as patronizing, as that is certainly not my intent. I just want to share my experience...

The NFA community is very small. We have a tendency to eat our own and I think few of us community members appreciate the risks involved with serving this community. The handful of businesses (individual members of our community usually) that have taken the extra risk to provide goods and services to this niche market are very vulnerable to publicly placed criticism. Of course, any community member has the right to publicly vent their opinions or review on a product. What I'm asking is that we community members do these vulnerable businesses a favor and approach them first with our concerns (prior to posting in a public forum). In this way, they have an opportunity to "make things right" or perhaps fill in a knowledge gap. Yes, I agree with you, Lage MFG are able to stand on their own.

P.s. thanks for the Miata love!
    Thanks for the response. I'm quick to extend respect to an idea and the man (or woman) behind it when they are willing to engage in civil dialog. What you say about the community makes sense; we need not seek that which is divisive.

Anyways, enough of that, I'll update again when I've had a chance to try some tuning and different ammo (hopefully this weekend).

Quote Originally Posted by pmf View Post
    And no self respecting 'real man' would be caught dead in a gay, rice burner Miata. Have some self respect dude.
    Jmacken37, That's right. You can still regain your self respect with a hetero rice burner S2000.

Mr. Miata
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Nice looking car what year?
    I have joked in the past about the Miata but I want to be clear that I’m down with everyone having the equal freedoms and the right to love whoever they want. Love ❤️ is the answer way more than we know!
    AWWWW NUTS!

REAL MEN DRIVE MIATAS

It's a 2003.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Got my 22 kit for original m11/9 upper. I have an extra upper so it will be a dedicated upper. I tried it straight out of the box and it failed. The bullets would bind in the mag. I cleaned it and put 3 in 1 dry lube. Using the lightnin grip loader it would load good for about 10 rounds. I would shoot them and reload. Each time a few more would load smooth. Went back home and would load then unload. Went back and shot a 30 round mag flawless. Went back home and worked it. Now loads a full mag with no problems. All failures were ammo not pushing up. Same as the NEW shockwave mags. I see scratch marks inside so figure it just needs to wear in a pattern. I did not spend a great amount of time on this. When it fails it looks like poor barrel alignment but it is just small soft lead under pressure. I was shooting the golden bullets in a bucket. It is extremely fast in my opinion. I have this, a mk2, grey ghost, cfw bolt, speed cube and m11/15. The m11/15 is my favorite. I put a muzzle brake on it and took out all of the muzzle climb. I have suppressors but not really my thing.

Name:  smallest car.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  105.6 KB

since a car picture was shared i had to join in...

and the gray on the door is "censored" not primer

Nice looking car what year?
    I have joked in the past about the Miata but I want to be clear that I’m down with everyone having the equal freedoms and the right to love whoever they want. Love ❤️ is the answer way more than we know!
    I lean libertarian so that's fine by me. And if someone doesn't agree that is also fine by me, just as long as they respect my right to my perspective.

+ Reply to Thread