UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Why Me?

To get back on topic though... had a chance to do some more testing today. Worked both mags several times and dry lubed. Also weather was closer to 50 today then 30. All that helped but still not where i want to be. Fired 210 between 2 mags loaded to 30 each with a mix of CCI stingers and Remington golden bullets.

Mag 1 CCI - 3 failures to chamber
    Mag 2 Rem - 3 failures to strip from the mag, 1 stove pipe, 1 failure to chamber
    Mag 1 Rem - 3 failures to strip
    Mag 2 CCI - 1 failure to chamber
    Mag 1 Rem - 6 failures to strip
    Mag 2 Rem - 7 failures to strip, 2 failures to chamber

All were CAREFULLY loaded with the provided loader to avoid rim lock. Better than the first time I went out when it was cold but certainly not where I had hoped to be. Any recommendations?

UZI Talk Life Member

If you search the forum you will find a lot on this very subject.
    My name is actually Scott and I really do live in Texas.

I know, not very creative but it is factual.

By the way - Facebook is truly evil; resist the urge to participate.

any particular thread or just search ".22 upper"?

Mr. Miata
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Nice looking mustang smec_289!
    AWWWW NUTS!

REAL MEN DRIVE MIATAS

UZI Talk Life Member

Start with this one:

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showth...1%2F22+problem

Use the search feature with M11/22 or some combination of "Lage .22 Upper Feed Jam Ammo" etc. etc.

Lage is top notch in all they do so I don't want to suggest this is a problem they created...it's the lowers, in my opinion.

UZI Talk Supporter
    No mini mags?

Quote Originally Posted by Jmacken37 View Post
    Nice looking mustang smec_289!
    thanks, built it myself when I was 15. it would never stay with your Miata in a road course though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaujo View Post
    No mini mags?
    no, I had a couple hundred CCI stingers which in my rimfire experience are your best bet for a picky eater and the golden bullet is of course what is recommended. I also bought 20,000 rounds of it for this upper so I am really hoping I can get those to work.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottinTexas View Post
    Start with this one:

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showth...1%2F22+problem

Use the search feature with M11/22 or some combination of "Lage .22 Upper Feed Jam Ammo" etc. etc.

Lage is top notch in all they do so I don't want to suggest this is a problem they created...it's the lowers, in my opinion.
    Thanks for the link, didn't realize you had been down this road also. Did you ever get yours running reliably then?

I was mostly ribbing the OP about the Miata. . I remember being in a meeting with some gear heads from DOT years ago. One of them had just purchased a Miata and referred to it as his sports car. Another guy from the group looked at him and said 'the Japanese don't make sports cars'. It was kind of funny. At any rate, I drive a 17 year old Honda Odyssey, so I've got no room to criticize.

The first 22 conversion kit I bought was a Group Industries kit for my uzi. It came with 4 magazines. It was really finicky about ammo. Remington Super-X worked the best. To get it to work even remotely well, the mags had to be taken apart and cleaned after every use. Back then, 22 was cheap and it seemed like it was worth the trouble. Then came the ammo shortage where prices went way up and every "survivalist" seemed to be hoarding 22 ammo. Prices for 22 never really came down much after that and I kind of gave up on it until the Lage 22 kit came out. I bought one because shooting full auto 22 is kind of fun. And the Lage upper I had was so good that his 22 kit must rock too. It didn't. I think it was largely due to those crappy plastic Black Dog mags it came with.

I've got a 45 acp conversion kit for my uzi that works 100% with any ball ammo. So its not the gun per se that's the problem. I think they were never designed to shoot little 22 rounds. To do that, you need something like an American 180. So I guess my point still is that 22 conversions just aren't worth the hassle and at current 22 prices and availability, aren't saving you a ton of cash either.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I just got my kit and got the Remington bucket of bullets (cheap ammo isn’t good and good ammo isn’t cheap). My fail to feeds are because the lead bent in the brass. A lot going on with a small piece of lead. I can distort the bullet without much effort. Someone mentioned slapping the mag on the side so I tried that. It seems to help with spring pressure setting the ammo in the right postion.

Nothing wrong with an early 2000ís odyssey, I am assuming that you have one similar to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JVdrpW2lvM

I think it is a valid point about the .22 in the Mac. I mean, if you took a DD13 out of a Freightliner Cascadia and put in a Miata engine, you couldnít expect the same performance and reliability. There is no replacement for displacement and the same goes for cartage size. Just the same, really havenít had a problem with anything Lage made in house as it fires and ejects just fine if the rounds make it to the chamber. I ordered two more mags. Maybe my first two were a bad batch? I dunno, seems easy enough to try. Also ordered some CCI mini mags. Might help with the bent bullet issue I had a few that was similar to what Walksalone reported.

Quote Originally Posted by smec_289 View Post
    Nothing wrong with an early 2000ís odyssey, I am assuming that you have one similar to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JVdrpW2lvM

Nah, mine's got leather.

Got a chance to try it out again this weekend. Armed with two new mags and a couple hundred rounds of cci mini mags I gave it another go. The cci's did seem to chamber a little better but there was no gain follower wise, in fact it seemed worse. Had to pull out the mag after every shot and smack the side to get the next round up against the feed lips. This was even the case when unloading by hand. Did have some gain with the 2 new magazines and even accomplished two strings of 15 or 20 rounds. Next step is to try increasing spring pressure. If that doesn't do it then I might need professional help.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by smec_289 View Post
    Got a chance to try it out again this weekend. Armed with two new mags and a couple hundred rounds of cci mini mags I gave it another go. The cci's did seem to chamber a little better but there was no gain follower wise, in fact it seemed worse. Had to pull out the mag after every shot and smack the side to get the next round up against the feed lips. This was even the case when unloading by hand. Did have some gain with the 2 new magazines and even accomplished two strings of 15 or 20 rounds. Next step is to try increasing spring pressure. If that doesn't do it then I might need professional help.
    Are you sure there not rim locking? Can you show us a picture of the round presentation on a loaded mag?

From Lageís website....

The following ammo also works very well with the M-11/22:

Winchester Super-X, 40 Grain 1300 FPS #X22LRSS1
    CCI Mini-Mag HP, 36 Grain, 1260 FPS #0031
    CCI Stinger, 32 Grain 1640 FPS #0050

Name:  mags downsize for upload.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  41.7 KBName:  mags downsize for upload.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  41.7 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackjack View Post
    Are you sure there not rim locking? Can you show us a picture of the round presentation on a loaded mag?

Been awhile but I finally got back to this. I'm a small business owner and covid has, shall we say, change the landscape of our economy a bit. See attached of mags with presentation angle. Look ok? I'm pretty sure it is not rim locking, I loaded VERY carefully and with the loader. I was not so careful about my picture uploading which is why it shows in duplicate.

Wink Got it Working !

End the end it was a combination of getting the mags to lock in tight and adding an additional half spring while only loading to 25 rounds, above that it still jams but a 25 round burst is fun enough for me. Just thought I would share the result in case it might help someone else. Thanks for all of the support and really enjoying my Lage product now!

UZI Talk Life Member

Explain "additional half spring". Please.

+ Reply to Thread