UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Lage Max-11A1/15 Update?

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    77

    Lage Max-11A1/15 Update?

    I’ve been waiting a long time for the Max 11A1/15 to be approved. Is the new ATF submission requirements causing the delay? I thought FFL’s had a quicker time getting things approved.

  2. #2
    UZI Talk Life Member
    TheColtCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Riverview, FL
    Posts
    1,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Chisel View Post
    I’ve been waiting a long time for the Max 11A1/15 to be approved. Is the new ATF submission requirements causing the delay? I thought FFL’s had a quicker time getting things approved.
    I want one too, pretty sure he submitted in August. Tenko is been on the waitlist for over a year

  3. #3
    UZI Talk Supporter

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    157
    I'm starting to think that no more determinations of any kind will be forthcoming after the bump stock debacle... Everything from here on out may have to be done 'at risk'.

  4. #4
    UZI Talk Supporter
    Mackjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,643
    Quote Originally Posted by tlk View Post
    I'm starting to think that no more determinations of any kind will be forthcoming after the bump stock debacle... Everything from here on out may have to be done 'at risk'.
    That would not suprise me

  5. #5
    UZI Talk Supporter
    Battering ram NIB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    4,973
    Not a high risk when a similar upper is already approved

  6. #6
    UZI Talk Life Member
    m11stuff@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,971

    Still waiting...

    I called over 2 weeks ago. No Reply.

    We will not proceed with manufacturing or sales until we receive the determination and classification letter from BATFE Tech Branch.

    We will not take the risk of exposing our customers to legal jeopardy or confiscation of a product we sell.

    Patience guys, BATFE originally told us it could be a year wait. In conversation with them we discussed the similarity of the MAX-11A1/15 and the MAX-10/15 to the MAX-11/15 and that it should be a quick task to get the determination and classification done. Bugging them will not get it done any faster. Our first submission was the .22 conversion and it took 9 months. Shortest reply we have had is 90 days.
    Richard Lage
    Lage Manufacturing, L.L.C.
    www.max-11.com

  7. #7
    UZI Talk Life Member
    komodoj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,083
    Thank you for the update sir!! Super refreshing to know your monitoring threads and giving an honest “thorough” update! Thank you for your continued premier customer service skills!!!



    Quote Originally Posted by m11stuff@hotmail.com View Post
    I called over 2 weeks ago. No Reply.

    We will not proceed with manufacturing or sales until we receive the determination and classification letter from BATFE Tech Branch.

    We will not take the risk of exposing our customers to legal jeopardy or confiscation of a product we sell.

    Patience guys, BATFE originally told us it could be a year wait. In conversation with them we discussed the similarity of the MAX-11A1/15 and the MAX-10/15 to the MAX-11/15 and that it should be a quick task to get the determination and classification done. Bugging them will not get it done any faster. Our first submission was the .22 conversion and it took 9 months. Shortest reply we have had is 90 days.
    If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.-Ronald Reagan

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by m11stuff@hotmail.com View Post
    I called over 2 weeks ago. No Reply.

    We will not proceed with manufacturing or sales until we receive the determination and classification letter from BATFE Tech Branch.

    We will not take the risk of exposing our customers to legal jeopardy or confiscation of a product we sell.

    Patience guys, BATFE originally told us it could be a year wait. In conversation with them we discussed the similarity of the MAX-11A1/15 and the MAX-10/15 to the MAX-11/15 and that it should be a quick task to get the determination and classification done. Bugging them will not get it done any faster. Our first submission was the .22 conversion and it took 9 months. Shortest reply we have had is 90 days.
    Thank you so much. Your few dozen meaningful words has short-circuited thousands of words of wild speculation.

    Best to you and Jackie. Thanks for your fine work!

  9. #9
    Moderator
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Concorde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    2,666
    I’m still on the wait list for the M11A1 version, but meanwhile I’m glad I went ahead and got the M11/9 version when it first came available!
    Now hosting: www.MAC-11.info

  10. #10
    Registered User mikillium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by Concorde View Post
    Iím still on the wait list for the M11A1 version, but meanwhile Iím glad I went ahead and got the M11/9 version when it first came available!
    You damn right well worth the wait as short as it was!Name:  85D7FF0C-749D-45BD-9F69-7D25DDE1B050.jpeg
Views: 311
Size:  78.1 KB

  11. #11
    UZI Talk Life Member

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    310
    Any update of the approval of the MAX-11A1/15?

  12. #12
    UZI Talk Life Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    938
    Slightly off topic but relevant. BATF is moving very slow, not just on NFA items. Back in January I put a deposit on a 9mm target pistol. This is not concealable and is clearly a target pistol (sporting purpose). They were expecting to deliver in the spring, but as of today, BATF has not approved the import permit. This was new model, but with an existing manufacturer with an existing distributor in the US and is a sporting arm. The import permit should have been approved quickly but is delayed in bureaucratic no man's land.

  13. #13
    UZI Talk Life Member
    m11stuff@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,971
    I called to leave a message the other day and their system will not let you leave a message anymore. The old system used to be that you would call, leave a message and an agent would call you back within 24 hours. I called and left a message about 6 months ago and they never returned it. Instead of reaching voicemail, you hear a recording of their mail in address. I'll write a letter, but it's probably pointless. There might be agents working from home due to Covid, but I doubt it. It will get done when it gets done....
    Richard Lage
    Lage Manufacturing, L.L.C.
    www.max-11.com

  14. #14
    UZI Talk Supporter
    Gaujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    2,680
    Strange times, you would think as a manufacturer you'd get a form letter saying to expect delays at least. Here's to hoping everything in the pipeline clears before next January.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter.