UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: M11 Spade Grips

  1. #1
    UZI Talk Life Member
    strobro32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,066

    M11 Spade Grips

    So I was walking through Home Depot the other day and I saw they were selling $5 concrete edgers and $5 caulking guns and I thought.... I wonder....




    That plus some scrap steel from the garage and.. Presto Chango!

    Works great and they are a lot of fun on the higher ROF of the Max31A with a bench and bipod.







    Video Link:
    https://flic.kr/p/2jbPYw2
    Last edited by strobro32; 06-14-2020 at 06:52 PM.

  2. #2
    UZI Talk Life Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southern New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,030
    Very cool. Thank you for sharing.

    Scott

  3. #3
    UZI Talk Life Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    951
    Very cool. Great way to repurpose cheap HD tools. What tripod is that?

  4. #4
    UZI Talk Life Member
    rybread's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    U.S. F'N A
    Posts
    2,779
    Awesome

    A+
    Live BRAVE, Live FREE!

  5. #5
    UZI Talk Life Member
    strobro32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,066
    Quote Originally Posted by nklf View Post
    What tripod is that?
    MG42

  6. #6
    UZI Talk Supporter
    Gaujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    2,749
    That's cool! How does it actuate the trigger?

  7. #7
    UZI Talk Life Member
    strobro32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,066
    It operated by a basic lever to a push/pull the trigger rods. When the thumbs push the lever, the rods pull on a trigger block. There is a coil spring between the lever and the rod which assists the trigger spring in helping the block to release the trigger.

  8. #8
    UZI Talk Supporter
    sniperdoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,720
    Very cool!

  9. #9
    UZI Talk Supporter
    Gaujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    2,749
    Two thumbs up!

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    148
    That’s really really cool!

  11. #11
    UZI Talk Life Member
    HighriseATX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    346
    Another impressive creation. Maybe a business in this...

    http://beltfeds.com/1919-1917-spade-grips/

  12. #12
    UZI Talk Life Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southern New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,030
    Quote Originally Posted by nklf View Post
    Very cool. What tripod is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by strobro32 View Post
    MG42

    Further examination for those interested: MG42/MG3 Anti Aircraft tripod. To connect the tripod to the bottom
    picatinny rail of the upper a KNA adapter is used. The tripod pictured has had the pin removed and the adapter attachment spun around so that is as high an angle as possible. The is great for using on mostly level ground instead of a being able to shoot almost straight up in original configuration. These are an inexpensive tripod for use while standing. A bunch came in as surplus 15 years ago. Used ones were around $100. NIB were around $200. There is a seller with four of them ,with a Buy It Now price of $600 plus $60 shipping. I don't know the seller. I am glad I bought mine with I did.

  13. #13
    UZI Talk Life Member
    skoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    367
    Put two of those together upside down and you will have your own Villar Perosa.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    637
    Nice work Strobo!!

  15. #15
    Registered User bruh44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    811
    That’s pretty cool. Now if only we can get the Len Savage belt feds past the ATF.

  16. #16
    UZI Talk Life Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southern New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,030
    Quote Originally Posted by bruh44 View Post
    That’s pretty cool. Now if only we can get the Len Savage belt feds past the ATF.
    There are several working on it.

    Scott

  17. #17
    Registered User bruh44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    811
    Quote Originally Posted by A&S Conversions View Post
    There are several working on it.

    Scott
    Good to hear. I knew there were a lot of projects going on. I didn’t know anything belt fed was in the works.

  18. #18
    UZI Talk Life Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southern New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,030
    Quote Originally Posted by bruh44 View Post
    Good to hear. I knew there were a lot of projects going on. I didn’t know anything belt fed was in the works.
    Most all of the Manufacturers of upper/adapter conversions have stated that they have intention of developing beltfed options for the MAC style family of RRs. Spade grips would certainly be a cool option with a belt fed. I personally have a water cooled Valkyrie belt fed system that I use with my DIAS. I have a local Smith that I want to have the Valkyrie Armaments belt fed system adapted to the Tenko 10-16. Of course I am holding off until we get to market to have more working capital. Now is not the time to spend time and resources on future projects for us. Again, I think that the spade grips are very cool. I think that there would be a small niche market for them, especially if a belt fed system comes to market for the MAC style family of RRs.

    Scott

  19. #19
    Mr. Miata
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Jmacken37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    SE MI
    Posts
    4,559
    Matt is my inspiration and the wind beneath my wings...FLY...FLY!
    AWWWW NUTS!

    REAL MEN DRIVE MIATAS

  20. #20
    Registered User bruh44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    811
    Quote Originally Posted by A&S Conversions View Post
    Most all of the Manufacturers of upper/adapter conversions have stated that they have intention of developing beltfed options for the MAC style family of RRs. Spade grips would certainly be a cool option with a belt fed. I personally have a water cooled Valkyrie belt fed system that I use with my DIAS. I have a local Smith that I want to have the Valkyrie Armaments belt fed system adapted to the Tenko 10-16. Of course I am holding off until we get to market to have more working capital. Now is not the time to spend time and resources on future projects for us. Again, I think that the spade grips are very cool. I think that there would be a small niche market for them, especially if a belt fed system comes to market for the MAC style family of RRs.

    Scott
    So what your saying is start saving my money because I'm going to be spending it all on belt fed stuff in the near future!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter.