UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: JAWS 10 /45 aka Avenger Commando out of spec thread

Pics of my Jaws. Not SWD as no Full/Semi markings nor reinforcing tabs and not Hatton as it has the stock blocks in place. Came to me with excellent park and no wear on the internals. Any idea who finished making this full auto?Name:  DSCN0381.JPG
Views: 54
Size:  124.1 KBName:  DSCN0380.JPG
Views: 55
Size:  125.1 KBName:  DSCN0379.JPG
Views: 53
Size:  123.6 KB

Two more picsName:  DSCN0383.JPG
Views: 56
Size:  124.4 KBName:  DSCN0382.JPG
Views: 56
Size:  124.3 KB

UZI Talk Supporter
    I'd say the stock holes look post factory, and the irregularities I think I see around the notch rear site make me think it's an original backplate that had the left and right top corners cut off and re-parked perhaps. I bet whoever did that put in the stock blocks. I'd guess someone who owned it before you did the work or had it done.

What interests me is the extra Hatton stamp on the gun. This might mean that Hatton industries actually updated this gun to full auto. The two slots for the stocks have been opened up like I had to do for my receiver. The work could have been done by Norrel the guy I got my receivers from but I donít know why he would put that Hatton stamp on the receiver.

Remember that all the JAWS guns were made by Hatton Industries in Indian mills NJ. Remember that both companies were owned by the same guy. Hatton made the guns and JAWS advertised and sold them.

UZI Talk Supporter
    If it's already classified as a machine gun there would be no further reason to stamp It again.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Here's an odd one:

The ARMSlist story:

"1 of 520 vist macmanword which is Stepan's Auto Service website to read the story . I personally spoke with Stepan on the history of these awsome firearms he is expert on Mac's. The Partisan Avenger was one of the last 100 frames made into a closed bolt. It has all the markings from Jersey Arms works. Since I can only post three please email for more. "

Listed March of 2020

https://www.armslist.com/posts/11200...avenger-mac-10

Not sure I understand the stamping (especially given that Hatton is misspelled). I note that the barrel threading and the upper itself is different from my Jaws gun (SWD). I knew how to get in touch with him a few years back. Maybe I'll see if he recalls (or is willing to rehash this part of his history).

Name:  Hatton1.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  127.6 KBName:  Hatton2.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  19.1 KBName:  Hatton3.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  48.3 KB
    Last edited by JohnFreeman; 09-12-2020 at 05:19 PM.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman View Post
    Here's an odd one:

https://www.armslist.com/posts/11200...avenger-mac-10

Not sure I understand the stamping (especially given that Hatton is misspelled)
    There it is, a semi.

UZI Talk Supporter
    By the way Renovate7, my SWD JAWS shares all the same S/N data as what you showed in your photo, so only the last two digits are different.

+ Reply to Thread