UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Value of MP5 items

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    562

    Value of MP5 items

    I'm assisting in the sale of machine guns for my local Sheriff's department. After selling the guns I have a bunch of mags and some parts to sell. What is the value of factory HK mp5 mags. About half are LEO marked. I also have the factory HK mag clamps and the loaders/unloaders. Lastly I have a few forends, two standard, 1 with a light holder. I have 16 mags, 6 clamps, 3 loaders, 2 unloaders, 3 forends.

    Any insight is appreciated (or if you want them, let me know)

  2. #2
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Z06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    3,627
    Take a look at hkparts.net for an idea of what new HK parts are listed for.
    Old Arizona saying: "A rattlesnake in the house ends all talk about animal rights!"

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    562
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06 View Post
    Take a look at hkparts.net for an idea of what new HK parts are listed for.
    Thanks!

    Looks like they're out of stock of everything I have but show $79.95 for the mags, $64.95 for the used clamps, $149.95 for the loader/unloader sets, and $49.95 for the loader itself. Now should I list on here or gunbroker is the question. I'd like to get as much for everything as I can to help them afford more gear.

  4. #4
    UZI Talk Life Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    904
    If you want to maximize funds for the department, list in small batches on Gun Broker. You will get more selling one or two magazines at time rather than listing a group of 16 magazines in one lot. HK Parts gets the new German magazines in stock from time to time, but I have paid much less for used mags. HK mags are still expensive even used. If you want to minimize the hassle and waste of time, list on here as a complete lot.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    562
    Quote Originally Posted by nklf View Post
    If you want to maximize funds for the department, list in small batches on Gun Broker. You will get more selling one or two magazines at time rather than listing a group of 16 magazines in one lot. HK Parts gets the new German magazines in stock from time to time, but I have paid much less for used mags. HK mags are still expensive even used. If you want to minimize the hassle and waste of time, list on here as a complete lot.
    Thanks, that's about what I was thinking. I may just list in batches of 2 on gunbroker. 2 mags and a clamp.

  6. #6
    UZI Talk Life Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    904
    I have always thought it was funny that the HK Loader is $49 but the loader/unloader set is $149. It seems like the loader would be more valuable than the unloader. Does not make sense to me. That is why I use a Lula loader.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    562
    Quote Originally Posted by nklf View Post
    I have always thought it was funny that the HK Loader is $49 but the loader/unloader set is $149. It seems like the loader would be more valuable than the unloader. Does not make sense to me. That is why I use a Lula loader.
    Doesn't make sense to me either. I certainly don't need/expect to get top dollar prices but I'd like to get fair value for them. I guess we'll see what they fetch on gunbroker.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    471
    Quote Originally Posted by nklf View Post
    I have always thought it was funny that the HK Loader is $49 but the loader/unloader set is $149. It seems like the loader would be more valuable than the unloader. Does not make sense to me. That is why I use a Lula loader.
    I thought the MP5 itself was the "unloader"??? Damn, I been doing it wrong all this time!

    By "LEO Marked" I assume they are factory 'LE Only" marks and not electropenciled "property of Podunk PD" markings, in which case some folks attach a small premium to them. Might want to not mix the marked and unmarked in a lot, and be sure to put the LEO marks in the description.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    148
    Just out of curiosity, what did the sheriff office replace the MP5ís with?

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    562
    Quote Originally Posted by fortyfive1911a1 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what did the sheriff office replace the MP5’s with?
    AR's, pretty standard these days it seems.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by pjm204 View Post
    AR's, pretty standard these days it seems.
    Thatís kinda what I figured. While the AR is probably more versatile, Iím sure there were some sad folks turning in their MP5ís for a run of the mill AR.

  12. #12
    UZI Talk Supporter
    Gaujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    2,495
    Well if they were transferable, that'll buy a whole lot of AR-15s

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    562
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaujo View Post
    Well if they were transferable, that'll buy a whole lot of AR-15s
    When they asked me, I was really hoping something would be transferable. Sadly all were post samples so relatively low value. I did get to shoot their Ruger MP9's which was cool. Considered keeping one for myself but ultimately decided not worth the dough for me. I'm just glad to help them out.

  14. #14
    UZI Talk Life Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    904
    Well even a post sample should bring enough to buy a couple post sample ARs.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    562
    I have listed everything on Gunbroker with exception of one mag loader/unloader combo and 3 handguards which I'll likely end up listing today.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter.