UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gemtech Viper .45 warranty?

Gemtech Viper .45 warranty?

Finally got around to shooting my viper .45 today on my JAWs MAC. I had everything setup per instructions but noticed a little rub on the endcap nothing major just copper streaking so looks like got just kissed from a round. Gonna take it off and try it on my PS M10/45. Hesitant because I don't know if GSL will do warranty work on these since they made them for gem tech. If I get a baffle strike who can fix it? Anybody know? My old sioinics can end cap is all out of round from years of little strikes but I don't really care since I can get it recored later.

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Wisconsin-Indonesia-Thailand & Live @ The Blue Note
    Looks like Gemtech will repair suppressors they no longer make its right on their website, as for the warranty who knows
    Be polite,be courteous,be professional,but have a plan to kill everybody in the room
    UZI 22LR FA conversion kits are in stock

http://www.subgun-ordnance.com
    subgun-ordnance@sbcglobal.net

I thought Gemtech doesn't really exist as a company now? Are they still in business?

They got bought by S&W... pretty quiet since then. Warranty it while you can!

What about GSL?

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Wisconsin-Indonesia-Thailand & Live @ The Blue Note
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoc View Post
    What about GSL?
    I would call both company's check out Gemtechs website and GSL they are both in business making suppressors
    Be polite,be courteous,be professional,but have a plan to kill everybody in the room
    UZI 22LR FA conversion kits are in stock

http://www.subgun-ordnance.com
    subgun-ordnance@sbcglobal.net

I would get with gemtech and see if they still warranty them. If they don't then I'd reach out to GSL and see if they are willing to repair it. I'm guessing if they do it would be a paid repair but they are making the cans again under their own name so they should have parts.

I emailed them both. Just disappointed cause I was excited to use it. It’s a minor encap strike but now I’m afraid to use it for fear or more damage. This was a on a SWD completed JAWS upper. I can try the powder springs. It was screwed on tight so I dont see how it could be loose with the locking collar installed too. Maybe that barrel isn’t concentric. The older Sionics can does fine but I can see it’s had several strikes over the years from who knows when. I really the weight and design of the viper.

+ Reply to Thread