UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Quick change barrels max11/15

Quote Originally Posted by bigj480 View Post
    I remember looking at the Havoc system, I can't remember why I decided against it. Perhaps because of the cost for each additional barrel ($210+ vs $60 for LEO) and it being seemingly more awkward than the LEO to remove/attach. The main benefit I see to the Havoc system is that the levers are on the handguard side of things. If using this to swap out hot barrels, that might make it easier to use as the Havoc system as the receiver gets heat soaked. It does strike me as more robust, but that's not really based on anything. Someone take one for the team and test a few of the options out.
    it is expensive, just 1 kit and the parts to have 3 hand guard/barrel setups will run you $880 plus whatever barrel/block/handguard you choose. But it seemed like a solid product so i will let you guys know what its like. Got a 10.5 300, oem 10.5 and a 20" heavy config i will use on a tripod.

Quote Originally Posted by evo911 View Post
    it is expensive, just 1 kit and the parts to have 3 hand guard/barrel setups will run you $880 plus whatever barrel/block/handguard you choose. But it seemed like a solid product so i will let you guys know what its like. Got a 10.5 300, oem 10.5 and a 20" heavy config i will use on a tripod.
    I look forward to your impressions. The Havoc system looks really nice.

Military Arms Channel going over the system:
    https://youtu.be/HY8QhMQ8CKM

So I got the kit installed, waiting on some handguards to show up but it fits well and the leavers just clear being that the max11/15 is slightly wider than an Ar/M16. But it will definitely work. Will post some pics Tomorrow.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Does anyone know if the Cry Havoc 2 pin will work with Geissele MK14 handguards? Or where I can find a list of compatible handguards?

Quote Originally Posted by jkacg1 View Post
    Does anyone know if the Cry Havoc 2 pin will work with Geissele MK14 handguards? Or where I can find a list of compatible handguards?
    It needs to be flat. To use one it looks like you would have to remove the material that wraps around the sides of the upper receiver. Had to do same thing with an o2 lite.

On balance, wouldn’t you be better off just having interchangeable uppers? Snap one out, snap the other in, done. And ultimately not much more expensive.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1911 View Post
    On balance, wouldn’t you be better off just having interchangeable uppers? Snap one out, snap the other in, done. And ultimately not much more expensive.
    As a Max-11/15 is 3k, I think that might get a little more expensive. Maybe that’s just my math though...

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by woodenword View Post
    Maybe that’s just my math though...
    An M11 and just two M11/15 uppers is more than a lightning link. That's my math.

An M11 and just two M11/15 uppers is more than a lightning link. That's my math.
    Find me a RLL that cheap and I'll buy it.

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
    Find me a RLL that cheap and I'll buy it.
    M11 $8.5k + 2 Max-11/15 uppers $6k = $14.5k.
    Just a ballpark estimate using sturm prices, with shipping we are over $14.5. A quick search on sturm shows recent RLLs being listed at $14.5k and $15k. The economy might be playing a role and prices might still go down some. Even if a RLL is $500 more, no big deal.

M11 $8.5k + 2 Max-11/15 uppers $6k = $14.5k.
    Just a ballpark estimate using sturm prices, with shipping we are over $14.5. A quick search on sturm shows recent RLLs being listed at $14.5k and $15k. The economy might be playing a role and prices might still go down some. Even if a RLL is $500 more, no big deal.

I am about to buy one for 13k

Ive seen many m11s sell for $7000 recently. Sure, people are asking for 8.5k I was referring to $13,000 total.

Vertex, I'm jealous.

UZI Talk Life Member

I thought I remembered one of the takedown systems accepting handguards with the anti-rotation tabs intact, but I can't find that info now. Does anyone know of one?

Quote Originally Posted by vertex View Post
    I am about to buy one for 13k
    If you come across another, let me know! It's hard to know where to find the deals nowadays.

I need to mill the hand guards a bit because of the anti twist tabs on the top but will be addressing that for all of them on Thursday.
    Attached Images      

UZI Talk Life Member
    Hey Zeus! That's clean garage.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Dang, GT-R and a machine gun on a tripod? Garage of the year right there.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Any updates on this?

Quote Originally Posted by evo911 View Post
    I need to mill the hand guards a bit because of the anti twist tabs on the top but will be addressing that for all of them on Thursday.

I ordered the LEO system. I have it installed and a problem is that the MAX11/15 is wider than the AR upper receiver. The antirotation bolts will only fit in the two holes on the upper right side. The other holes are not accessible. I will play with the other threaded holes and see what can work.

I thought I remembered one of the takedown systems accepting handguards with the anti-rotation tabs intact, but I can't find that info now. Does anyone know of one?

If you come across another, let me know! It's hard to know where to find the deals nowadays.

The guy I bought it from has another one NIB unopened.

Quote Originally Posted by jkacg1 View Post
    Any updates on this?
    I need to find a site to upload some videos but it runs perfectly. I put together a 300 handguard but did not realize the length of the lancer systems carbon guards is actually longer than advertised. For that one I have another can coming any day and will just leave it on all the time so haven’t got to test that one out yet. The 2x 5.56 operate wonderfully. I still need to take the handguards to my friends shop for some machining as I didn’t realize the newer 2020 products from Midwest incorporate anti twist fins when the previous models did not. So I need to do some modification to those guards here soon for a true proper fit but I did get to test them and they worked very well. A 20” and 10.5” setup I put together. The 20” has fixed gas block, I had no way to truly test cyclic rate but it was a nice slow 600-650rpm id say. Very enjoyable to shoot.

Mags tested were mag pull d60, pmag40 and surefire 60 & 100’s. Surefires and D60 ran perfect. The 40’s were getting failure to feeds here and there though they are brand new. I think their feed lips are just a bit to thick for the bolt to be happy with them.

Sorry for the late response on this guys. I got to working on another project right now for that Nissan in garage. 1400whp motor & trans build :-P
    Attached Images    
    Last edited by evo911; 06-22-2020 at 12:54 AM.

+ Reply to Thread