UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 300 Blackout Reloading Question

300 Blackout Reloading Question

Almost done with my 300 Blackout build. I have some 30 carbine 110 grain FMJs laying around. Anyone use them for plinkers out of 300 Blackout? If so, any recommendations? Thanks.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I have never used RN .30 carbine bullets for BO but I remember reading about those who did over at 30blktalk.com.

That is the place for all things BO. http://www.300blktalk.com/forum/ A few members have set the standards for BO there.

UZI Talk Supporter
    I only run subs sorry no help.

220 gr 11.5 grns 4198 these are hpbt ot fmj

180 gr 12 4198 cast ww home brew lube.

Mix of home converted brass and factory brass.

8.5 inch SBR octane 9hd or F1 SS 30 cal can.
    Rich
    Last edited by root; 04-24-2020 at 02:32 PM.

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    I've loaded speer 100gr plinkers in Blackout. They did not shoot very well for me. This was out of a bolt gun
    Chris Hipes
    Hipes Consulting Services LLC
    FFL/SOT 07/02
    poulan10takethisoutsoidonotgetmorespam@yahoo.com
    North Texas

UZI Talk Supporter
    Forgot to add if you can get them to feed the rest is just fine tuning.

I don't see a problem getting the fmj to feed just have to figure out the seat depth.

I load a 32 gr tnt speer hp for my ar's and that took a lot of work to find the sweet spot where they would load cycle and repeat.

Rich

Thanks for the information. I really appreciate it. I'm looking forward to my build completion.

Worked well. Ran 50 rounds of 30 carbine projectiles, and ran flawlessly. Not the best for long range accuracy, but fine as a cheaper plinker!

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jolague View Post
    Worked well. Ran 50 rounds of 30 carbine projectiles, and ran flawlessly. Not the best for long range accuracy, but fine as a cheaper plinker!
    What is your group size like? I've got a few (100-ish) 30 cal bullets in that weight range, they have a copper "cup" holding a LRN projectile; thinking they could be fun out of my Mini Draco 7.6239. Not sure if the twist would work, but it might. I had forgotten about those bullets until now, bought them probably 25 years ago in a "batch deal" with a ton of other components.

Quote Originally Posted by sniperdoc View Post
    What is your group size like? I've got a few (100-ish) 30 cal bullets in that weight range, they have a copper "cup" holding a LRN projectile; thinking they could be fun out of my Mini Draco 7.6239. Not sure if the twist would work, but it might. I had forgotten about those bullets until now, bought them probably 25 years ago in a "batch deal" with a ton of other components.
    Good question. But I am not sure as I hit some steal targets (safely) down range. Now that shooting restrictions have taken affect due to our dry weather, I will try to see what the grouping is like at a local range in the next few weeks. They are worth shooting though.

+ Reply to Thread