UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mac 11/9 with Bowers CAC9

Mac 11/9 with Bowers CAC9

Picked up another Mac 11/9 and this one included a CAC9 can. I know the can is older and know it can be refurbished by Bowers for some $. Been trying to research it more.

What is the thread pitch of a Mac 11/9 (and therefore the can)? How hard is it to make this can work on a semi auto pistol as I’ve heard some have cycling issues?

Any other info?

You can’t put a booster in that can.

Standard M11/9 and MAC10/9 thread pitch is 3/4-10. It’s a very coarse thread pitch, and prone to back off. If it’s old enough, it will just have the fixed 3/4-10 mount. If you send it in, you can get it set up for interchangeable mounts, and it will likely be upgraded to the latest baffle stack, which performs noticeably better than the original.

As noted, it’s a big heavy subgun can and wasn’t designed with a booster in mind. It’s good for fixed-barrel guns only.

UZI Talk Life Member

You might want to try Joe @ Curtis Tactical in Ohio. He is currently upgrading my AM-180 supressor with a modern 17-4 PH baffle stack and replacing the aluminum end caps with user serviceable stainless end caps. Found him thru CHILI 17, UziTalk moderator.
    "De inimico non loquaris sed cogites" "Do not wish ill for your enemy.....Plan it"

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scottMO View Post
    Picked up another Mac 11/9 and this one included a CAC9 can. I know the can is older and know it can be refurbished by Bowers for some $. Been trying to research it more.

What is the thread pitch of a Mac 11/9 (and therefore the can)? How hard is it to make this can work on a semi auto pistol as I’ve heard some have cycling issues?

Any other info?
    First congrats on the new purchase!

The CAC9 will not work on any locked breach pistol based off of the browning principle and allow the pistol to function. If it is an older can, send it to Bowers for the upgrade and conversion to the Versdapt system. Well worth it
    Chris Hipes
    Hipes Consulting Services LLC
    FFL/SOT 07/02
    poulan10takethisoutsoidonotgetmorespam@yahoo.com
    North Texas

Buddy had one years back...shot the ever love snot out of it, but stock and Lage upper. As others have mentioned fixed barrel gun only and heavy, but built like a tank.

UZI Talk Supporter
    As they say it's a dedicated subgun can. I'd shoot it before spending money on it. I've found that for competitions you don't use cans anyway, and I kind of wish I had a small pistol can that was subgun rated as I rarely use mine. That said the Bowers cans are considered top notch and are noted for having less blowback. This matters in humid environments like the southeast.

UZI Talk Supporter

Didn't your mother ever tell you not to believe everything you read on the internet ? While no where near ideal the Bowers can will work fine on a semi pistol. The problem you will have is finding a booster that will fit. I made my own about 5 years ago, used the internal piston and spring from Gemtech and machined my own housing to match the Bowers Versadapt thread pattern. Works fine with my Glock and Walther PPX.
    Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by mak91 View Post
    Didn't your mother ever tell you not to believe everything you read on the internet ? While no where near ideal the Bowers can will work fine on a semi pistol.
    Oh fine, be that way.

(I might be cheating a little, though )

And even if one did use a booster, it's still a huge can to be shooting on a pistol.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mak91 View Post
    Didn't your mother ever tell you not to believe everything you read on the internet ? While no where near ideal the Bowers can will work fine on a semi pistol. The problem you will have is finding a booster that will fit. I made my own about 5 years ago, used the internal piston and spring from Gemtech and machined my own housing to match the Bowers Versadapt thread pattern. Works fine with my Glock and Walther PPX.
    Can I do a run of these please?

UZI Talk Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    And even if one did use a booster, it's still a huge can to be shooting on a pistol.
    No argument with me there, its what pushed me to do my own form 1. TI tube, 7075 mono core baffles of my own design. Smaller, lighter and quieter than the Bowers
    Attached Images  

+ Reply to Thread