UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mac 11 9mm Case separation

Mac 11 9mm Case separation

Hello i need some help troubleshooting this mac 11. if anyone can help that would be great. I keep getting case separation in the barrel. And of course the next round explodes causing the bullet to stop half way down the barrel.
    I have a cobray m-11 that is now a post sample on a form 2.
    Lage upper/barrel with all lower parts from lage. The bolt is new from US machine gun. Mags are shockwave from Lage. I just finished this build and am getting case separation after a few rounds.
    Anyone know what can be done to correct this issue or know what can be causing this?

UZI Talk Life Member

What rounds are you shooting? Factory or reload, maker of cases.
    My name is actually Scott and I really do live in Texas.

I know, not very creative but it is factual.

By the way - Facebook is truly evil; resist the urge to participate.

If you have a way to pull the bullet, make sure the brass you're using doesn't have stepped cases.

Freedom Munitions is notorious for that in their new manufactured ammo. Every time they start losing sales because people stop buying the garbage, they change the head stamp and the process starts all over again. AMMOLOAD was another example than FM stamped brass. More recently, it was maxxpedition or some similar silliness, but the stamped stepped cases are all the same by the same people

UZI Talk Life Member
    Read up on this. http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showth...Back!-MAXXTech

See if your ammo has has MaxxTech, FM, IMT or AmmoLoad head stamp.

might of just found my issue. Apparently in my ammo can there are maxxTech mixed in with PMC. I shoot a ton of PMC and never had an issue. I think the maxxTech might be the problem. Tody i loaded up some PMC and shot 20/30 rounds in semi with no issues. Chicken to go FA lol..

Dont think its stepped ammo.

PMC mostly found some MaxxTech mixed in my ammo can

UZI Talk Life Member

It sucked having to unload the Uzi mags (my first M10 has a Uzi magwell conversion) that I loaded with Freedom Ammunition and load those rounds in my MP5 mags. The separation in open bolt sucks. The FA rounds shot fine in closed bolt. I have not bought Freedom Ammunition since.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Down Range Ordnance View Post
    Dont think its stepped ammo.

Without removing it and looking, if it's maxxtech ammo, it's probable that it is an internal step. That shit will blow up in your face. Ask me how I know.

UZI Talk Life Member
    FWIW, Freedom Munitions is the ammo with bad cases.
    Freedom Ammunition is a different company and not involved with the suspect ammo.
    Please visit my FB page for the latest CF-W bolt information.
    https://www.facebook.com/VegasSMG/?ref

Freedom munitions is the only company that makes that stepped brass that I know of. Perhaps they're selling it to another company with their headstamp. But if stepped brass is involved, that's where it's coming from.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Man I shot 400 rounds of this stuff for somebody told me, I just sold it last month for a profit! That was a once-in-a-lifetime sale and I would have taken half! CCI blaster for me.

What problem does Freedom Munitions think they're solving with these stepped cases?

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    What problem does Freedom Munitions think they're solving with these stepped cases?
    I would guess that these are two part cases. I would think that would be cheaper to make per case. They have worked fine in a pistol or closed bolt subgun, not open bolt.

A case separated on my first run of subgun match with my TASK converted M10 with the Uzi magwell conversion. I couldn't get the ring of brass out of the chamber. A friend lent me his Uzi. Same thing, the Freedom Ammunition left a ring of brass in that chamber after just a few rounds. We borrowed a spare Uzi barrel from another shooter. I unloaded the Freedom Ammunition from the mags and my friend loaned me some of his 9mm so I could shoot the match. The Freedom Ammunition shot fine in my MP5. I was lucky I had a great friend to help me that day or I would have missed out on the match.

Scott

+ Reply to Thread