UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Selling Mini Uzi for Mac 11

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    23

    Selling Mini Uzi for Mac 11

    I have a mini uzi awaiting transfer but plan on selling it once it clears. I have thought about buying two M11A1 or one M11A1 and one M11. Any thoughts on this ? I also have an hk sear and m16. Thought the M11 may be more fun than the mini uzi.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    42
    I have a M11/9 and would love to have a M11a1 just because it’s shorter. However, there are so many more options for the M11/9 now and planned, so I would recommend getting one of each. If you were to buy only one right now, definitely the M11/9 first. Just my opinion though.

  3. #3
    UZI Talk Supporter
    Gaujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    2,888
    I would write ATF and cancel the transfer then. It will sell for a premium sitting on a form 3 at your dealer's vs on your own form 4.

    re A1 vs 11/9, I have an A1 and they are for different functions. the 11/9 with a CFW bolt is competition ready, whereas you can only get down to 1000 rof with an A1 and CFW, which is a little fast for competition. Cool as can be, but a little fast for competition. I cannot pull singles with it, and doubles are about 50/50. With the A1, I would say you will only be using the MAX-31a if you are seriously competing. There are plusses and minuses here. If the matches you go to allow drums, then you've got the best host going for you, but if I were limited to 30 round mags, I believe that the MAX-31a is not as good as a MAX-11sk / grey ghost with a CFW bolt due to the ergonomics of mag-changes and the longer overall length.

    Accessories always are going to come out for the 11/9 first, but for things with a forward magwell like the rifle uppers or a MAX-31 series I would argue the A1 is the better host. That being said there would be no reason for someone with an HK sear and an M16 to put a rifle upper on a MAC as you already have many nice uppers available to you, so you're really just looking at the MAX-31 and stock uppers in 9mm.

    Basically, A1 is a little shorter, and there's some second kind of cool in that, but if you want all around utility the 11/9 is better. Last I would suggest choosing between the A1 or the 11/9 and making your second mac a 10/45 instead as that adds more breadth to your collection that two 9mm guns, and you don't have a lot of good options for .45 with either the HK sear or M16.

    All that being said, unless you want to shoot drums, what's wrong with an MP5?
    Last edited by Gaujo; 06-10-2020 at 01:26 PM.

  4. #4
    UZI Talk Life Member
    TheColtCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Riverview, FL
    Posts
    1,222
    It’s a good idea. I bought a mini uzi and was widely disappointed. Jammed like crazy, crap broke all the time and one rate of fire. Sold it and never looked back. I have multiple macs and an HK sear as well

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaujo View Post
    I would write ATF and cancel the transfer then. It will sell for a premium sitting on a form 3 at your dealer's vs on your own form 4.

    re A1 vs 11/9, I have an A1 and they are for different functions. the 11/9 with a CFW bolt is competition ready, whereas you can only get down to 1000 rof with an A1 and CFW, which is a little fast for competition. Cool as can be, but a little fast for competition. I cannot pull singles with it, and doubles are about 50/50. With the A1, I would say you will only be using the MAX-31a if you are seriously competing. There are plusses and minuses here. If the matches you go to allow drums, then you've got the best host going for you, but if I were limited to 30 round mags, I believe that the MAX-31a is not as good as a MAX-11sk / grey ghost with a CFW bolt due to the ergonomics of mag-changes and the longer overall length.

    Accessories always are going to come out for the 11/9 first, but for things with a forward magwell like the rifle uppers or a MAX-31 series I would argue the A1 is the better host. That being said there would be no reason for someone with an HK sear and an M16 to put a rifle upper on a MAC as you already have many nice uppers available to you, so you're really just looking at the MAX-31 and stock uppers in 9mm.

    Basically, A1 is a little shorter, and there's some second kind of cool in that, but if you want all around utility the 11/9 is better. Last I would suggest choosing between the A1 or the 11/9 and making your second mac a 10/45 instead as that adds more breadth to your collection that two 9mm guns, and you don't have a lot of good options for .45 with either the HK sear or M16.

    All that being said, unless you want to shoot drums, what's wrong with an MP5?
    The gun is being purchase from an instate form 4, so don't want to cancel it. I love the MP5 but want something a bit faster. I also own a thompson but 45 in pistol form is probably more exciting.
    Last edited by Juan; 06-10-2020 at 02:44 PM. Reason: add

  6. #6
    UZI Talk Supporter
    Gaujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    2,888
    That makes this easy. If you want something fun and fast get a M11A1 and shoot it in original form in .380

  7. #7
    UZI Talk Life Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    957
    For .380 I prefer the M11 over the M11A1 due to better mags. But that is just me. The M11 limits your 9mm options to the Max31A or Max31k. Both of which I like, but not as compact as a Grey Ghost with CFW bolt.

    I like my Mini Uzi. To me it is fun to shoot and i also have a .22 conversion that is 100% in my gun. It is a two trick pony and not as versatile as the Mac, but still fun.

    Based on what you already own, you have options so at this point I'd say just buy what you want to shoot. If you want the .380 bullet hose by all means get it. If I was only going to own 2 Macs, I think it would be M11/Nine and M10/45. As a pair that would be the most versatile. Fortunately I acquired all 5 Mac models before they were so popular.

  8. #8
    UZI Talk Life Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southern New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,085
    Like you, I had a HK Fleming sear and a DIAS before buying a Mac style RR. I started with a M10/9 with the Uzi magwell conversion. With the DIAS, I have a 6" .22lr up to a water cooled Valkyrie belt fed with KNS spade grips host guns. It has been fun trying some of the other mid power cartridges like 6.5 Grendel, 300 BLK OUT, 5.45X39. 7.62X39 has been my favorite, especially using AK mags with a MGI lower.

    The HK sear has been so great with pistol caliber and short 5.56X45 hosts. The 9mm K, K-PDW, reverse stretch, full size, and SD, .40 S&W K-PDW, full size, and SD, 10mm K-PDW, full size, .45 reverse stretch, and full size and 10mm K-PDW. I have got a few holes but eventually I would like to complete the set. I was fortunate enough to buy a bunch of the SW53 AR & SW93 AR receivers. These receivers use AR mags instead of HK mags. So I had Jeff at PCS build me 53K ARs, 53 ARs, and 33 ARs. I like the short barreled roller locked hosts more than the AR short barreled stuff. They are much smoother. The 53K AR has a 5.1" barrel and is so much smoother than the 7.5" AR upper.

    To be clear, I didn't make this post as a "don't I have a cool collection". I posted it to say that I had developed my collection quite a bit, then started down the road of the Mac style family of RRs. The M11 or M11A1 with the large magwell are hand gun sized subguns with much more reasonable cyclic rate with a CF(W) A bolt. The M11/NINE represents about 10% of all transferable machineguns in the U.S and has the largest market for accessories of the Mac style family of RRs. So original poster, are you thinking about getting a M11 or M11A1 with a small magwell for full auto .380 plus a M11A1 with a large magwell for 9mm? Or are you considering a M11A1 with the large magwell for 9mm use and a M11/NINE?

    It is my understanding that the original M11 is the .380 guns. SWD made the M11A1 with both large and small magwells. It is also my understanding that the M11 and M11A1 with small magwells will work with a CF(W) in .380. The .380 rounds can be loaded into the large magwell mags like the Z-mags. But the slower speed of the CF(W) A bolt tends to make for feeding problems as the 9mm mags don't support the shorter .380 rounds. The .380 rounds will run in the 9mm mags with the factory steel bolt. So as I understand it, to run slow fire .380 the small magwell M11A1 or M11. To run slow fire tungsten bolt in 9mm, the large magwell M11A1 needs to be used.

    I think that the market value of Mac style RR machineguns has reached "critical mass " to make developing accessories for these guns realistic. I think initially development will be to get the function of the M16. Case in point, Lage Max11/15, Tenko 10-16, or UltiMac. I think eventually higher market value mechanisms will be adapted to the Mac style family of RRs. The AK and roller locked would be on that list. Down the Road I could see the big money beltfeds. It is my understanding that the market value of a M60-E6 is in the $70,000 range. With the HK sear you could have a .308 beltfed for another $15,000. But most collectors don't have the $45,000. But if modern mechanisms could be adapted to the Mac style family of RRs.

    Don't get me wrong, I think a handgun sized transferrable machinegun with a more reasonable 1,000 RPM than 1,600, 1,700, or 1,800 RPM would be cool. A DIAS or HK sear allows all kinds of configurations. But those configurations must use the family of firearm reciever those conversion devices were made for. Using a Mac style RR doesn't require that limitation. If the Mini Uzi is at your dealer, I would cancel the transfer to you. If it is an instate transfer then you certainly are on the right path. Good luck with your search.

    Scott

  9. #9
    UZI Talk Supporter
    Offmarksman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    542
    If you go the m11a1 route, and want to compete with it, Max-31a or 31k are the only option to pull singles (as Gaucho previously stated). If you are wanting to compete with stick mags, the Deathcard Adapter works Great for this. There is a thread on here for quicker mag changes on the Max-31a, that goes through the whole adapter development, and after. PM me if you have any questions about it. I like the baby (.380) Macs. The ergonomics on them (when set up properly) are my favorite. 5.56 uppers from Lage, and others are forthcoming, if the ATF ever gives them a determination letter.

    The cfw bolt brings the rate of fire down in the 900s which is tons of fun. .380 rof with the cfw bolt will be much lower. Currently working on finding the correct recipe to run .380 with a large Magwell baby Mac, along with others...

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    279
    I've sold all of my Macs as, IMO, Macs are good 1st and/or only MGs as they have a lot of options to increase their usability but ergonomics and fun factor aren't their strong suit. Since you already have an HK sear and M16 you don't need the main benefit of the Mac platform which is it's versatility to run other uppers/calibers. I'd much rather have the Mini than a M11.

    Quote Originally Posted by Juan View Post
    I have a mini uzi awaiting transfer but plan on selling it once it clears. I have thought about buying two M11A1 or one M11A1 and one M11. Any thoughts on this ? I also have an hk sear and m16. Thought the M11 may be more fun than the mini uzi.

  11. #11
    UZI Talk Supporter
    root's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,189
    If you decide to sell the mini to fund some mac guns do it on the premises of uppers, parts, & accessories already on the market.

    Not on what is being developed or supposedly coming to market.

    I may be a while or never before anything new gets BATFE approval since they are currently looking at how they define what a gun and more importantly what a receiver is along with where and how it is marked.

    In other words don't count the chickens before they hatch.

    To me the mini is worth more and always will be.

    My advice is keep the mini and buy a mac also.

    Rich

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    283
    I have a Mini Uzi, M11/Nine and M11A1. I use the Mini Uzi the most. I run about 10 mags a trip through it usually without a single malfunction. I also have the closed bolt for a faster ROF and the BarrelXChange heavy bolt (thanks to a forum member) for a slower ROF. They’re not as reliable as the standard bolt but they still run pretty well. For the Macs, the M11A1 with a Lage MAX-31k is a great setup. I run it with both coffin and drum mags and rarely have a failure. You can speed up the ROF with the Lage buffers. For me, Macs in their stock form have never been reliable. If it ever stops raining maybe I’ll make it down to Henry’s range and you can try them out.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by TSPC View Post
    I have a Mini Uzi, M11/Nine and M11A1. I use the Mini Uzi the most. I run about 10 mags a trip through it usually without a single malfunction. I also have the closed bolt for a faster ROF and the BarrelXChange heavy bolt (thanks to a forum member) for a slower ROF. They’re not as reliable as the standard bolt but they still run pretty well. For the Macs, the M11A1 with a Lage MAX-31k is a great setup. I run it with both coffin and drum mags and rarely have a failure. You can speed up the ROF with the Lage buffers. For me, Macs in their stock form have never been reliable. If it ever stops raining maybe I’ll make it down to Henry’s range and you can try them out.
    Would love to give the M11A1 a run.

  14. #14
    UZI Talk Supporter
    Gaujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    2,888
    .

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by b_saan View Post
    I've sold all of my Macs as, IMO, Macs are good 1st and/or only MGs as they have a lot of options to increase their usability but ergonomics and fun factor aren't their strong suit. Since you already have an HK sear and M16 you don't need the main benefit of the Mac platform which is it's versatility to run other uppers/calibers. I'd much rather have the Mini than a M11.
    I disagree due to all of the options for the macs. I have a colt m16a2, a hk sear with everything from mp5ks to a beltfed 21k host. I also have the 3 main macs. The m11/9 with a lage SK upper and the cfw bolt is a really nice controllable setup. Same with the mk2 upper. The m11/9 gets shot more than any of my mp5 hosts although some of that can be just more choices.

    The m11/380 has a ghost upper with a 3 lug'd barrel and runs a mk9k. Stupidly fast shooting but its a lot of fun.

    That being said I'd rather have a m11/9 with some of its options over a mini uzi. The OP can take his HK sear and then run it in something else and have a nice 9mm setup for either slow or fast shooting and whatever else he wants the sear in.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter.