UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crappy metal magazines

UZI Talk Supporter

Crappy metal magazines

Took my M11/9 with the Lage MKII upper out got a spin today. Wanted to proof some magazines. I have 3 metal and 3 Z-Mags. The z-mags were awesome. The three OEM? mags wouldn’t feed correctly and jammed. Looked like the round was tipped too high and wouldn’t go up the feed ramp.

Any suggestions on how to tweak them to feed correctly or are they a lost cause and just toss them and buy more z-mags?

UZI Talk Life Member
    Not feeding correctly and jamming is what OEM mags do- if you value your time just get a dozen ZMAGs!
    Live BRAVE, Live FREE!

UZI Talk Life Member

OEM magazines were Zytel. Metal mags for an M11/Nine are after market. Argentine Pam II mags are lose in the mag well. They can be tweeked to work but easier to just get Zmags. I have other metal mags of unknown origin that have ever worked.

UZI Talk Supporter
    we have new made metal mags for about $30. We are lucky! For a LOOOONG time that was not the case.

Mr. Miata
    UZI Talk Life Member
    As my friend VegasSMG says, these are the good old days. Stack the Zmags deep!
    AWWWW NUTS!

REAL MEN DRIVE MIATAS

I’ve heard (read here, in fact) that the Z-mags are not always a panacea. That depending on your lower, they might be too tight a fit.

My Zytel magazines are working just fine. But at some point I’ll have to try a Z-mag, just to see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1911 View Post
    I’ve heard (read here, in fact) that the Z-mags are not always a panacea. That depending on your lower, they might be too tight a fit.
    This is true. I have to M11/9's. The Zytel magazines would fit in both magazine wells without issue. Almost all of the Z-Mags that I bought wouldn't go in to one without hard pounding and even then some wouldn't go. I had this magazine well stretched. Almost all of the Z-Mags will go in the other, but they're still too tight to drop free. From what I've heard, they seem to be getting manufactured larger (as in fatter) as time goes by.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1911 View Post
    Iíve heard (read here, in fact) that the Z-mags are not always a panacea. That depending on your lower, they might be too tight a fit.

My Zytel magazines are working just fine. But at some point Iíll have to try a Z-mag, just to see how it goes.
    I personally prefer the zytel mags but they are not without issues. The zmags are great but they are not consistently made to the same spec. You buy 6 and some of them will be out of spec, at least compared to the others in the same lot. I really like the idea of the zmags. I just wish they had more quality and control before theyíre ship to the buyer. Another problem with metal mags actually has to due with the m11/9 mag wells not being consistent, which you canít fault the zmags for that.

JMO.

UZI Talk Supporter
    I have the opposite issue. Mags drop free while the crappy zytel mags are a super tight friction fit.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Dies are probably worn on the zmag setup now after years of stamping them out.

Seems the QC problem is kinda only the last 18 months before that they were the cats ass from what i heard.

Don't fell bad gg mags and m10 mag wells suffer the same thing.

Rich

UZI Talk Supporter
    Some have had problems with Zmags, but even someone who loves their zytels will eventually wear them out. Shockwave will allow returns or exchanges of mags that don't fit for you, if just some don't work. If they all don't work you may have an out of spec magwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaujo View Post
    If they all don't work you may have an out of spec magwell.
    The test for that is simple. If the Zytel mags insert and drop free, that means the magazine well is within spec.

UZI Talk Supporter

https://imgur.com/gallery/QZ3CIbY

Any ideas where these mags came from? They don’t work with my setup.
    Last edited by cogcon; 06-04-2020 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cogcon View Post
    https://imgur.com/gallery/QZ3CIbY

Any ideas where these mags came from? They donít work with my setup.
    They look like Argentina Pam 2 magazines. There should be a thread on Uzitalk about getting them to work with an M11/9.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Those are PAM2 mags. Jerry Prasser form Recon Ordnance sells them.

UZI Talk Supporter
    PAM2 were the gotta have mags until zmags came out.

Just got a six pack of Suomi ZMAGs and holy crap these things are GREAT!!! I need more!

+ Reply to Thread