UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Issues running surplus ammo thru M11/9 w/Lage upper?

UZI Talk Supporter

Issues running surplus ammo thru M11/9 w/Lage upper?

So I have 1000 or so rounds of surplus 9mm ammo from Pakistan that I picked up a few years back. If I remember correctly, it was made specially for SMGs and was slightly corrosive.

I went shooting today and primarily fired 115 grain ammo which runs great. I loaded 3 rounds Of the surplus ammo to see how well it fired. All rounds fired, but there was a distinct difference in sound and felt recoil. Much harder feel if that makes sense. Didnít want to mess up the gun, so I went back to regular ammo and will use the other stuff in my Uzi, which eats it up.

So my question is, will this stuff ruin anything mechanically if ran in quantity thru the M11/9? Obviously, understand I need to clean due to the mild corrosiveness.

Which Lage upper? If your feeling the bolt hit the back of the receiver on the max-31 that would be strange vs that happening on something like the 11K.

UZI Talk Supporter

Max 11 MKII

UZI Talk Life Member

A firearm is a simple machine. It was designed around a certain range of energy in the ammo that powers it. You now want to use ammo with much more energy than the upper was originally designed for. I would think that if you you used a stiffer recoil spring and/or added additional mass to the bolt to absorb the additional energy, the gun will run fine. I would contact Richard and ask for his advice. Personally, since the hotter ammo runs great in your Uzi and you only have 1,000 rounds of it, I would not bother adjusting the Lage upper to the hotter ammo.

Scott

The surplus ammo is probability nato spec and much hotter than the other ammo you were shooting(around +p in loading). So recoil will be higher. I wouldn't think it would hurt the gun as long as the buffer in it is good.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Last edited by Hey...; 06-05-2020 at 08:54 AM.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Just shoot it all in one afternoon. Clean appropriately after. Done

+ Reply to Thread