UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Polymer 80 ???'s

Polymer 80 ???'s

Alright, folks; I bought a Polymer 80 kit at a fun show a while back, and opened the box today, after finishing up other projects during quarantine. There were not any instructions or diagrams in the box, just the frame in the jig, the metal block and the drills. No pics, no written instructions, nothing. Nothing printed on the box either, except the Polymer 80 name on the top. Are there supposed to be any instructions/directions? Also, can I use any generation of Glock parts, or aftermarket parts, or is only on generation or manufacturer compatible? Thanks in advance.

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Wisconsin-Indonesia-Thailand & Live @ The Blue Note
    every answer to your questions is on there website start there
    Be polite,be courteous,be professional,but have a plan to kill everybody in the room
    UZI 22LR FA conversion kits are in stock

http://www.subgun-ordnance.com
    subgun-ordnance@sbcglobal.net

Thank you Arch; I had been to the website, but all I found was "sold out" on parts, and links to youtube vids. I'll try it again in the A.M. Thanks again.

They are designed to take Gen 3 or earlier parts. Gen 4 went to a larger recoil spring assembly and the frame can't be opened up enough to accept the enlarged slide past the dustcover area. IIRC, the sub-compact G26 always had the larger spring so that frame is setup to accept it. Most of the parts kits available are Gen 3.

Pretty simple to complete, you use the enclosed drill bits to drill some cross pin holes, the sizes are marked on the jig. Then the top rail is trimmed flat at the positions marked on the jig to give clearance for the slide. A pair of end nippers clips off most of the plastic easily, finish with a file and sandpaper. Or use the enclosed endmill. The final step is to cut out the opening for the recoil spring in front, the area you need to cut away is clearly delineated in the plastic molding. Then you drop in the rear rail section and the rest is pretty much just re-assembling a fully stripped Glock.

The instructions are here: https://www.polymer80.com/how-to

The end of the box should have several part numbers on it, with the one you have check marked. They are hard to see, basically printed in two shades of black.

Thank you, slim shady..

I've been looking at it and it looks pretty simple, but I don't have much experience with Glock-style pistols. And it's hard for me to just watch a video and then dome something like this. Printed info always is a big help to me. Thanks again.

Only assembly issue you are likely to encounter is getting the trigger bar spring oriented incorrectly. The open end of the "hook" on the end threads around the trigger housing and trigger bar in a particular manner, get it "upside down" and the trigger won't work right. I always have to look at an assembled one to be sure even after doing several.

+ Reply to Thread