UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Quick change barrels max11/15

Quick change barrels max11/15

Like the title says, is it possible to have a quick change barrel system on the max11/15? I know there are several different types out there now but from what I'm able to see it seems like it would be possible.

Then of course the next question is how well do these hold up to full auto fire

UZI Talk Supporter
    Possibly convert it to Interrupted Threads, but each Barrel would have to be properly Headspaced.

Probably should have been more specific. I'm not trying to invent anything, there are several of these designs already on the market in pretty decent quantity. https://www.pantheonarms.com/
    Is there any thing different about the lage receiver as far as how the barrel indexes compared to a standard AR receiver? From everything I've looked at it seems this would work just fine but don't own one to know for sure.

UZI Talk Life Member

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showth...ck-barrel-swap

Maybe check with some of the folks from this thread?

UZI Talk Life Member

I remember discussing this before and mentioning the Dolos 2.0 system and the LEO Takedown system. IIRC, many of the manufacturers aren't focused on selling spares of the barrel side of the attachment system because they treat it more as just a takedown rifle rather than selling it with the intention of someone just swapping out multiple barrels. I believe both LEO and Pantheon Arms does, though.

UZI Talk Life Member

DOLOS works with modification, LEO Takedown may work unmodded

I have tried the Pantheon Arms DOLOS.

Pantheon Arms

It requires modification of the adapter. Instructions are here on our website:

DOLOS Modification

At Shot Show 2020 I checked out the LEO Takedown. Seems like a better system for a tighter lock up. It looks like it would attach without modification.

LEO Takedown
    Richard Lage
    Lage Manufacturing, L.L.C.
    www.max-11.com

UZI Talk Life Member
    DRD Tactical's system looks like it's the most robust. It need a mod to the upper for the HG key though.

Quote Originally Posted by m11stuff@hotmail.com View Post
    I have tried the Pantheon Arms DOLOS.

Pantheon Arms

It requires modification of the adapter. Instructions are here on our website:

DOLOS Modification

At Shot Show 2020 I checked out the LEO Takedown. Seems like a better system for a tighter lock up. It looks like it would attach without modification.

LEO Takedown
    Dolos has some walk off issues. I am installing the LEO sometime this week. I won’t be able to report any range time!

Awesome, Appreciate all the responses.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vertex View Post
    Dolos has some walk off issues.
    I have a DOLOS on one of my ARs (binary trigger, not F/A), and have never had that happen. It’s been great.
    Now hosting: www.MAC-11.info

Quote Originally Posted by Concorde View Post
    I have a DOLOS on one of my ARs (binary trigger, not F/A), and have never had that happen. It’s been great.
    I am talking in regards to the m11/15

UZI Talk Life Member
    I have had no problems with the DOLOS. You have to adjust it properly to get it to consistently ratchet tight otherwise the barrel will have a little play in it.
    Richard Lage
    Lage Manufacturing, L.L.C.
    www.max-11.com

Quote Originally Posted by m11stuff@hotmail.com View Post
    I have had no problems with the DOLOS. You have to adjust it properly to get it to consistently ratchet tight otherwise the barrel will have a little play in it.
    My main issue was when I used a 3 bucc brass catcher. That would cause it to walk a bit even after adjusting the ratchet and ratchet locking mechanism. I mentally never got comfortable with it after that.

Quote Originally Posted by strobro32 View Post
    DRD Tactical's system looks like it's the most robust. It need a mod to the upper for the HG key though.

I dont get it, how does this work? It looks like a QD handguard if I'm seeing it correctly.

UZI Talk Life Member
    The barrel nut has enough surface area that it's easily tightened by hand. The handguards key into the upper and clamp onto the barrel nut so it keeps the barrel nut from loosening.

Gotcha. The wrench slots threw me off.

https://cryhavoctac.com/223qrbgen2.html Just bought this system cannot wait to get it. Talked with owner on phone for a couple hours got some detailed photos I’m confident it will work perfect without any modification. DRD claims 60 seconds this one can be taken down in 4. Watch some videos on this one guys. The 2 pin design is genius. Air Force I guess is using this setup for the pilot’s ejection rifle.
    Last edited by evo911; 04-22-2020 at 02:06 AM.

I've been looking at this set up also, let us know how it works out.

UZI Talk Life Member

I remember looking at the Havoc system, I can't remember why I decided against it. Perhaps because of the cost for each additional barrel ($210+ vs $60 for LEO) and it being seemingly more awkward than the LEO to remove/attach. The main benefit I see to the Havoc system is that the levers are on the handguard side of things. If using this to swap out hot barrels, that might make it easier to use as the Havoc system as the receiver gets heat soaked. It does strike me as more robust, but that's not really based on anything. Someone take one for the team and test a few of the options out.

+ Reply to Thread