UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Are MPA's Fullsize and Velocity's Vmac9 upper interchangeable?

It costs $6-8 to print an AR receiver, so most people print dedicated 5.56 and 9mm lowers (of both Glock and Colt varieties) as they need.

UZI Talk Life Member
    That is cool looking. Good job.

As soon as the plastics become equal in strength as glass filled nylon I'll buy a printer.

You can buy glass-filled nylon today under names such as Nylon Plus, it's a little more advanced than most people need to do since most designs are based around PLA or PLA+. PLA+ is nearly as strong as glass-filled nylon, until you get above 130-140F, so you can't leave PLA printed guns in a hot car.
    Nylon requires completely dehydrated storage-to-printer filament handling, so you need teflon tubing the entire way from your storage box to the print head, while the PLA spool can be placed on a rack in the open air while in use and stored in a desiccant-containing box with minimal concern.

My brace finished printing, already have a few areas to improve for the next print (shortening to a 1" or 3/4" strap, a few filets, etc), but it's usable and turned out well. The lock-up is solid.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Looking forward to the videos.

Quote Originally Posted by strobro32 View Post
    Can that be CNC milled in aluminum? I'd like one.
    Lost PLA & Vacuum casting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGNnH_xbjR4

Beware! I do stupid things for fun. This is probably a bad idea and nobody should ever do anything I do.
    Please do not do this.

Are MPA's Fullsize and Velocity's Vmac9 upper interchangeable?

In some ways yes. I own both, and have discovered that the VMAC upper will fit and function in the MPA lower.
    As for the MPA fitting in the Mac Daddy lower, Yes and no, the cutout for the front trunnion is too shallow for the MPA upper.
    You could probably cut it out a bit deeper and make it fit.
    From what I can see the width of the uppers doesn't really interfere with the function.
    On top of that, the hammer on the mac Daddy gets caught on the underside of the MPA upper because the cutout
    for the hammer is shorter on the MPA than on the VMac.
    If one really wanted to, I suppose you could make the cutout longer and force it to work.
    Again, this is a bad idea. You are on your own.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Now I'm def getting a printer. So semi bolts?

Quote Originally Posted by Kharn View Post
    I made a few adjustments to make it fit my upper and add name/serial/etc, the next revision may be 11/9 compatible but for now the basic design is VMAC only.

Hot off the printer

Waiting for brace

An Ender 3 Pro printer is around $200, this receiver cost about $8 worth of filament, all the software is free for non-commercial purposes. It's a ton of fun for the mechanically/computer inclined.

FreeMenDontAsk puts out awesome work, along with the rest of the Deterrence Dispensed crew. The official release of this receiver is a ways off, this is a test print, and I can't distribute the STL file. Find DD on Keybase and you'll be able to join test efforts there.

(The main differences I found were the front takedown lug extending 1.5mm lower and the side charging handle boss being 2mm lower on the MPA)
    I've seen those. The new MacDaddy supposedly holds up well with the Vmac9. I bought an Ender 3 for my son a while back, I've been wanting to test it out. The file is free and open source on here.

+ Reply to Thread