UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lage M11/22 Suppressed?

Lage M11/22 Suppressed?

Name:  A3EE21F8-E338-47A6-85EC-EFDA9E44A73A.jpeg
Views: 245
Size:  73.1 KB

Got my Lage kit and have a couple of questions. It looks like I need to run some sort of adapter since the insert may not be parallel to the barrel. I知 also running a barrel modded by Sam, and it is an inch shorter than a normal because it had the corse Mac threads removed. I知 assuming I知 going to need to cut the barrel down. Would cutting it down hurt reliability since it is a blowback weapon?
    Attached Images  

UZI Talk Life Member
    Cut down means less pressure, and it’s pressure operated so it will inevitably influence operation. Weaker ammo may be less prone to run. Put a suppressor or something on it to increase the pressure. A spacer can go in between.
    Live BRAVE, Live FREE!

UZI Talk Life Member
    I do not recommend shortening the liner until it is well broken in. It will affect function to a small degree.

An adapter is a good choice. As long as the liner is threaded concentric to the bore and the adapter is perpendicular to the muzzle crown. I had Mark at TROS do one of mine ant it was great but it took a long time. Mike @ USMG does it quickly. He did two other uppers for me.

Another option is to just use a user serviceable 9mm can. The liner will fit through the first baffles when using it with the longer liner and the short barrel
    Last edited by strobro32; 07-19-2020 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by strobro32 View Post
    I do not recommend shortening the liner. It will affect function to a small degree.

An adapter are a good choice. As long as the liner is threaded concentric to the bore and the adapter is perpendicular to the muzzle crown. I had Mark at TROS do one of mine ant it was great but it took a long time. USMG does it in short order and he did two others kits for me.

Another option is to just use a user serviceable 9mm can.

+1 on TROS.

UZI Talk Life Member

USMG unless you want to wait north of 8 months after payment, may never get your adapter and you don't mind that TROS doesn't communicate. Just my experience.
    My name is actually Scott and I really do live in Texas.

I know, not very creative but it is factual.

By the way - Facebook is truly evil; resist the urge to participate.

UZI Talk Life Member
    When working with TROS you may want to call at 4 months to check on the progress. But he does very good work.

Can you explain the adapter? Does the liner get threaded and then the adapter threads up to 1/2x28?

UZI Talk Life Member

This is what Mike at USMG did for me. The liner is threaded and an adapter screwed over it. I only run it suppressed so it has functioned 100% for me. Plus it is a dedicated upper.

UZI Talk Life Member

USMG did mine too. I had them leave the original 9mm barrel but cut it back about 1/2" or so. They then threaded the liner barrel to 1/2x28. I have Carlson's Comp on it but could also use my Sparrow suppressor.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    My name is actually Scott and I really do live in Texas.

I know, not very creative but it is factual.

By the way - Facebook is truly evil; resist the urge to participate.

UZI Talk Supporter
    USMG did mine as well then walked it down the road to Lage for alignment. runs great.

UZI Talk Supporter
    I had mine threaded buy Class 3 machining in TX for a walther p22 1/2x28 thread adapter.

+ Reply to Thread