UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Review of ETS pistol and Rifle loaders for pistol mags

UZI Talk Supporter

Review of ETS pistol and Rifle loaders for pistol mags

I had read in various threads that these are good for loading M11/9 magazines and GG mags. Someone had said in particular that the rifle loader could load GG mags.

Neither is true. Neither the rifle loader nor the pistol loader work with M11/9 Zmags or the gg mags.

https://youtu.be/u32_VdXOzi0
    Last edited by Gaujo; 10-13-2020 at 09:48 AM.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Looks like he is trying 45ACP in the video

Dunno, I use it with 9mm HK mags & 5.56 AR mags & it works great

UZI Talk Supporter
    I know the rifle loader would work great for 5.56 mags, I just tend to buy bulk ammo which is loose so for me it was a no go. This info is really for mac users.

it should work for 9mm M11 magazine, providing the base goes over the magazine. if it doesn't you probably can modify the base so it does

30 years ago I bought a COBRA 9mm, don't ask me why, I don't know myself. then 6 or 7 years back I modified a SWEDISH K loader to load my MP5 and PPS43 magazine, but before I did that I was curious to see if the loader would go over my M11 mag, and it did, without any modification to the base of the loader, loaded the mag fast.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1SSnENd7vM
    Last edited by Uncle Billy; 10-13-2020 at 01:04 PM.

UZI Talk Supporter
    That's nice Billy, is there anywhere to buy extra clips? Otherwise if you have to load clips at the competition it kind of defeats the purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaujo View Post
    That's nice Billy, is there anywhere to buy extra clips? Otherwise if you have to load clips at the competition it kind of defeats the purpose.
    you can make those clips pretty easily yourself; take some M16 stripper clips, grind off the 4 "bumps" that are on the side of them, epoxy them tightly close together, I made a jig just for that, I can make 6 "Swedish like" clips at once., then epoxy 2 strips of 26 ga. sheet metal on the back, ideally I would have tried to spot welded the top and bottom of the each clip to each other, but I don't have a tig welder.

because the M16 clips are a tad thicker then the Swedish clips you will have to cut the front guard off so the rounds on the clip fit.

taking that guard off doesn't stop it from working. here is 9mm on the clips loading my PPS43 mag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgYKelPwSIk

+ Reply to Thread