UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ingram in Cannon TV series....

UZI Talk Life Member

Ingram in Cannon TV series....

I was watching the old TV detective show "Cannon" with William Conrad as the fat private eye on ME TV. Reminds me of watching it with my folks back in high school.

Episode titled "A Touch of Venom" from 1975 with Sondra Locke as a rich girl who hooks up with some leftist radicals in LA (obviously was done at the height of the Patty Hearst kidnapping).

Anyway, lo and behold besides an M16, one of the radical kids is armed with an M10 (no can) with the front strap dangling as he lets off a burst or two at the LAPD. This was not long after John Wayne and McQ....(1974)

Memories....
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do NOTHING!"
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797

UZI Talk Life Member

I'll bet most folks who saw Sondra Locke in any movie had to have thought "If she weren't Clint Eastwood's girlfriend she'd be waiting tables at IHOP in Los Angeles".
    My name is actually Scott and I really do live in Texas.

I know, not very creative but it is factual.

By the way - Facebook is truly evil; resist the urge to participate.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I'll bet most folks who saw Sondra Locke in any movie had to have thought "If she weren't Clint Eastwood's girlfriend she'd be waiting tables at IHOP in Los Angeles"
    Believe it or not, in this particular episode, she was pretty good. Maybe because playing the part of a rich spoiled brat wasn't much of an acting stretch? ;-)
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do NOTHING!"
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797

Ironically I saw William Conrad on an episode of Have Gun, Will Travel this morning. Didn't see any M10s or M11s though

Quote Originally Posted by ScottinTexas View Post
    I'll bet most folks who saw Sondra Locke in any movie had to have thought "If she weren't Clint Eastwood's girlfriend she'd be waiting tables at IHOP in Los Angeles".
    Yeah she's kinda lacking in the talent department.

UZI Talk Supporter
    My favorite part about "Cannon" is that no matter how many people are shooting at him with submachine guns, or scoped rifles, they always manage to hit the dirt/ground just in front of him...

Then Cannon yanks a 2" Detective special from his pocket, fires from the hip, and nails the bad guy center-mass..... 120 yards away.....

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Villafuego View Post
    My favorite part about "Cannon" is that no matter how many people are shooting at him with submachine guns, or scoped rifles, they always manage to hit the dirt/ground just in front of him...

Then Cannon yanks a 2" Detective special from his pocket, fires from the hip, and nails the bad guy center-mass..... 120 yards away.....
    Exactly the same with Barnaby Jones. Shooting from the hip, he always hit the bad guy in the arm, leg or shoulder. Interesting note, BJ was supposed to be a spin off from Cannon.

Don't get me started on the A-Team. I never wanted an Mini-14 as a kid because I thought you could not hit anything with it.

Quote Originally Posted by strobro32 View Post
    Don't get me started on the A-Team. I never wanted an Mini-14 as a kid because I thought you could not hit anything with it.
    Pretty much the same in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Villafuego View Post

About the only thing I remember from Cannon was his "car phone", he was always calling up the "mobile operator" for some reason or another. How times have changed!

Quote Originally Posted by strobro32 View Post
    Exactly the same with Barnaby Jones. Shooting from the hip, he always hit the bad guy in the arm, leg or shoulder. Interesting note, BJ was supposed to be a spin off from Cannon.

Yeah, it seemed old Barnaby would always get called out to some remote spot where a guy on a hillside would shoot at him with a scoped rifle. Out came the Chiefs Special in a "speed rock" maneuver, one shot would kill the guy, and then he would roll down the hill to land 10 feet in front of him so he wouldn't have to climb up there to see who it was!

As for the A-Team, obviously the Mini-14 was the most accurate rifle ever made, and all of them were the best shots ever! How else could you fire off an average of 3,743 rounds per episode and NOT hit anyone?

+ Reply to Thread