UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 11 19 LastLast

Thread: Suomi Coffin Mags 2.0

Suomi Coffin Mags Springs 2.0

I have found a company that is willing to make the springs if we order enough to cover machine setup and down time for testing. They do ask for a deposit for the reasons mentioned above, but in the unlikely event the springs are not produced you will be refunded your money.

Basically half up front -- $10 deposit per pair (refundable if there are no springs made) -- $17.95 total per pair plus $7.55 S+H (up to 5 pairs)

Mail Check to:

Sprinco
    7804 Danz Blvd.
    Austin, TX 78724

Orders: 1-800-397-9530

It comes down to if we want them, we have to fund the project, the legal mumbo-jumbo:

"Here is my proposition. We offer to your community user group the opportunity to participate in a no risk program to identify serious individual purchasers of replacement dual magazine spring sets for their niche market. In order to justify undertaking the project, we will require a pre-production consideration deposit of $10.00 per set of two springs. The springs will be manufactured from chrome silicon wire stock, and will be plated in re-micronized MOS2 plus cryogenic processed for optimization of duty cycles.

The financial instruments rendered will not be deposited until the following milestones have been fulfilled;

1. Deposits are received for a total 350 sets of dual mag springs.

2. First Article samples have been produced, function tested, and approved for production by both you (klyph12) and your referenced enthusiast (chili17) in Texas in different firearm specimens. Testing, written approval acknowledgement, and /or requests for tweaking are required within 24 hours of receipt of same by said parties in order to hold the job setup on the CNC coiling machine.

I will accept deposits in the form of personal or business checks made payable to Sprinco USA, or a Postal Money order with the Payee name left blank in the event that the actual professed demand does not come to fruition.
    In the latter case, we would mail the M.O. back to the maker to make them whole again.We will prepare and submit a written document binding our performance of production in fair consideration of their good faith deposits if the threshold of 350 sets is met prior to opening the window of participation..

I will open the opportunity for participation in the pre-production program to 45 days from release of the program opportunity. As an additional incentive, the full cost of each set of mag spring for those participating will be $17.95 per 2- spring set. Shipping cost will be $7.55 for up to 5 sets of mag springs via Insured Priority Mail. Actual cost of shipping and insurance will be applied for larger shipments. We use Stamps.com Professional Shipper, which has a reduced Priority Mail cost and far lower insurance costs than USPS insurance.
    S&H is not a profit center for our business. After that threshold has been met, the cost per set of springs will be at least $19.95 + Insured S&H.

If the threshold has not been met within the 45 day window of the opening of the opportunity, all deposit checks will be marked VOID and micro-shredded. Postal Money Orders will be returned to sender via First Class Mail. Ample time will be allowed prior to the opening of the opportunity window for circulation within your community of enthusiasts. IF, after 45 days we are just short of the established goal, I reserve the right to keep the window open for another 15 days for a total of 60 days.

Once the threshold has been met, production justified, and the First Article samples have been vetted for production, the financial instruments will be deposited. If checks are returned as NSF, the Maker will be subject to a $35.00 charge to recover our bank and administrative costs for the failure of the instrument to clear.

Following receipt of written approval of production, please allow a maximum of 30 days for our request for payment for the balance of your order at the time of shipping. Purchasers may pay their remaining balance at the time of fulfillment using any of the 4 major credit cards, personal / business check, or via secure E-check ACH. Failure to pay the remaining balance secured by the deposit will result in forfeiture of same.

We have produced replacement springs and machined components for a number of OEM clients who offer springs for obsolete or more recent vintage firearms for which the supply of surplus parts has been extinguished. We are willing to satisfy the needs of any community who will put their money where their mouth is.

Historical note. I went out on a limb a few years ago on behalf of a forum community who expressed a desperate need for replacement recoil springs for a certain generation of semi-auto pistols for which the manufacturer had sold off their surplus inventory to Numrich Arms (www.gunparts.com), from whom all remaining inventory had been absorbed. The subsequent post-production orders haven't taken more than 15% of their passionate pre-production demand that I placed in inventory for their professed requirements, and we are the sole remaining source for said springs. Thus explains my requirements to venture out onto other limbs going forward. As an aftermarket manufacturer, one has to "Drill where the oil is".

I am nothing in this world or in my industry without my personal reputation and principles of honor. I will not take constructive receipt of your good-faith deposits until the deal has met the proposed Green Light threshold. If it doesn't make it, willing participants aren't out a dime, and we depart company as friends that tried to make things work out for all involved parties.

We will produce some additional spring sets for those who are late to the game, but they will cost more, and since this is a fairly shallow well, this will most likely be a one time production run."

Alan Dugger
    Managing Member
    Tactical Springs LLC / Sprinco USA

alan@sprinco.com
    Last edited by klyph12; 03-29-2018 at 05:29 PM.

Mr. Miata
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Count me in for 10 sets.
    Thanks Klyph!

Please correct the below if I've got it wrong and let me know where to send a check.

For those that don't want to read all that, this is what I understand...

We need an order for 350 sets.
    $10 per 2 spring set deposit paid in check or MO.
    $7.95 per two spring set when production and testing is complete.
    Shipping is $7.55 per 5 springs.

After production, $19.95 (at least) + shipping per set.
    Last edited by Jmacken37; 03-23-2018 at 12:34 PM.
    AWWWW NUTS!

REAL MEN DRIVE MIATAS

UZI Talk Life Member
    You’re a good man Klyph. Thanks for doing this for the community.
    Please visit my FB page for the latest CF-W bolt information.
    https://www.facebook.com/VegasSMG/?ref

UZI Talk Supporter
    Count me in for 10 sets. Thanks!

Although I'm sure it's not , this sounds like those Craigslist Nigerian scams if I ever heard one !!!!!!!

Mr. Miata
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by panhead5 View Post
    Although I'm sure it's not , this sounds like those Craigslist Nigerian scams if I ever heard one !!!!!!!
    panhead5, I suspect you are joking, but your post could be perceived as negative and trying to undermine the deal Klyph worked pretty hard (I suspect) to set up for the good of our niche community.
    I will be happy to vouch for Klyph and put my word and $ with his.
    Given the size of our market, to find someone to do a one-off like this is going to involve risk.

Not trying to be a dick here, but the old adage of, "if you don't have something nice to say..." applies here.
    AWWWW NUTS!

REAL MEN DRIVE MIATAS

UZI Talk Life Member

Thanks for doing this. Does the window start today?

I have my check ready to mail tomorrow - I assume it starts now, it may be Monday but I think the critical thing is getting the number of orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmacken37 View Post
    panhead5, I suspect you are joking, but your post could be perceived as negative and trying to undermine the deal Klyph worked pretty hard (I suspect) to set up for the good of our niche community.
    I will be happy to vouch for Klyph and put my word and $ with his.
    Given the size of our market, to find someone to do a one-off like this is going to involve risk.

Not trying to be a dick here, but the old adage of, "if you don't have something nice to say..." applies here.
    I am joking and it's no attempt to undermine Klyph at all but maybe you need to reread the proposal . Apparently , you must partially agree with me because you are the the one that dumbed it down so normal humans could understand it .

Enough said.

UZI Talk Supporter

I'm in for 10 sets as well. Check will go out Monday.

UZI Talk Supporter
    If the resident engineering geniuses say these are good springs, I'm in for 4 sets and will commit up front money.

I am in for 8 sets- thanks for putting this together. Hope it makes!

klyph12,
    People like you are what make this community great! I will call Springco and submit my $100.00 deposit for 10 sets of springs.
    Thanks,
    Esox

UZI Talk Life Member

Check mailed today for 10 sets. If only 35 people order 10 this thing is done.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Ya know, this is exactly what kickstarter was created for. Everyone gives their credit card, and if the threshold is met it goes through. Just saying!

UZI Talk Life Member
    I'm in for 10. I'll mail check Monday.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaujo View Post
    Ya know, this is exactly what kickstarter was created for. Everyone gives their credit card, and if the threshold is met it goes through. Just saying!
    In my experience, kickstarter isn't all that great. I put up money for an iPhone/iPad charging accessory that ended up being fully developed, then the guys didn't ship to the backers. Kickstarter was no help.

I'll go for 6 sets to cover the 6 coffin mags I own.

UZI Talk Supporter

Kickstarter likely takes a cut, increasing the cost for everyone.

But more importantly, their TOS would seem to prohibit any firearm related projects. If they don’t want our business we shouldn’t support them. It appears that firearms enthusiasts will continue to become more and more marginalized by mainstream institutions, so we have to learn to function without them. This community working directly with Springco is one example of what that looks like.

sprinco

this the way Sprinco wanted to do it, so it does not matter about any other way.
    Last edited by klyph12; 03-29-2018 at 05:30 PM.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Coffin mag newb question here....how likely is it that the original springs in my coffin mags are needing replacement? I have quite a few and haven't tested them all for function, or disassembled them. I wont be able to do so in this pre-order time frame so Im just trying to get a sense for how often the original springs go bad?

klyph12 do you know what material the new springs will be made of?

+ Reply to Thread