UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: DUAL MAC UPPER project (DMAC/RR20)

UZI Talk Life Member
    Fun. You have me wondering just how many uppers could a single SMG lower operate at the same time?

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by strobro32 View Post
    Fun. You have me wondering just how many uppers could a single SMG lower operate at the same time?
    These are all 1 lower to 1 bolt. Could a single lower operate multiple uppers? You bet, almost anything is mechanically possible. In theory.. one sear plate that interacts with the single lower sear- that sear plate hosts multiple sears that are only engaged to retain other bolts when the plate is back far enough to be engaged on the primary sear. The primary sear plate would have one fixed bolt, to power it... could run a bunch of channels - up until the sear plate & attached parts became too heavy. Otherwise pretty simple. A quad Bolt/barrel upper ran by a single lower would be the best proof of concept. I’d build one but I’m busy!
    Live BRAVE, Live FREE!

UZI Talk Supporter
    I wonder if having an additional sear and bolt would be a sticking point legally, even if it were engineerd to only be operated by the primary sear.
    "Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest". -Mohandas Gandhi

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaujo View Post
    I wonder if having an additional sear and bolt would be a sticking point legally, even if it were engineerd to only be operated by the primary sear.
    That would be the challenge, doing it in an acceptable way- since this theoretical upper would contain the magazine well, sear and recoil mechanism- or several of them. Even as a ďclosed systemĒ Loading one of the magwells and pulling back the bolt would result in a mag dump. You could maybe avoid that by stacking the channels so the first bolt operated the sear for the adjacent bolt and so on...

Whew that would be a fun project in that it would be challenging, but Iím happy to stick to the simple stuff for now (mechanically & legally speaking).

Shipped parts arrived yesterday. Hopefully Iíll get the plasma cut parts today and my shop part this week, Iíd like to do some cutting & welding this weekend. Router assembly was a breeze, I will use the interim time to work on that- I have a Czech military box Iím going to use for this DMAC itís just the right size so a good first project will be to make some custom notched wood bars for the upper to rest upon.
    Live BRAVE, Live FREE!

UZI Talk Life Member
    How about a multi barrel, spring wound, Gatling upper assembly, wear the sear lets her rip. Tim Bixler meets Ingram meets Tippmann Armory

UZI Talk Life Member
    Iíll stick with non rotary firearms for now thanks!

No word from the shop but I got router bits and some dremel bits so I can do some part preparations while we wait.
    Live BRAVE, Live FREE!

UZI Talk Life Member
    I Dremeled out the barrel tube holes in the mounting plate to a tight fit. Got a call that the initial upper housing Assembly is complete so Iíll pick that up AND get my pin back... then I can set this dual upper up for welding.
    Live BRAVE, Live FREE!

UZI Talk Life Member

I was thinking the same thing, that brought to mind this creation: http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2...x-siamese-m16/

UZI Talk Life Member

Got the mount & pin, so I can weld these in place.
    Live BRAVE, Live FREE!

+ Reply to Thread