UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 6

Thread: DUAL MAC UPPER project (DMAC/RR20)

UZI Talk Life Member
    https://youtu.be/KhDhk_MhFMw

Beautiful day at the range. Successful test. My top concern was ensuring three different mount points did not put tension on the barrels & cause bolt binding. It ran perfectly- shrouds shook loose and the trigger rod got caught up in the center plate because it’s not fixed yet- now that the bolt function is tested I can tap those to the correct position and weld them in place- then it will be ready to run 50 round magazines. I was surprised how much it moved, even mounted to the box... which was not light!

Thanks to Offmarksman for taking the video.
    Live BRAVE, Live FREE!

UZI Talk Supporter
    Really Cool seeing it in person. Great time at “Trigger-treat” this morning! Looking forward to seeing the 12 gauge in the Spring!!!

What a fun project! Great to see it run out at the range Saturday. Don't think I had ever seen you out there before. If you need a little help finishing the project, I can probably improve on the plywood and copper parts. I also have a few 50 round RO mags if you need more.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Matches out there are always nice, great group! Next time bring those mags loaded, and you guys can use this to empty them!!
    Live BRAVE, Live FREE!

UZI Talk Life Member
    Good job! Congrats on the test.

Will there be a bipod adapter? The line of sight would be great for that or a taller tripod.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by strobro32 View Post
    Good job! Congrats on the test.

Will there be a bipod adapter? The line of sight would be great for that or a taller tripod.
    Thanks. I have one of the heavy German tripods, which sits higher and might be more stable. I used this one because the elevation limiter was simpler to make and I had limited time- I will try to have the other one next time we run it so it can sit at operator level.
    Last edited by rybread; 11-02-2020 at 04:58 PM.
    Live BRAVE, Live FREE!

Awesome!!

UZI Talk Life Member
    Going to do final welds this weekend and empty some large capacity mags though it before it gets too cold. I may install my detent slow fire system on mine since this is essentially a stock configuration and runs fast!

I know several people have indicated interest- if you would like one of these and have not already done so, please message me so I can put you on the list, so I can price out a run of them based on the number of units. I can provide a parts kit or we can negotiate a build with a Mac shop... but really if I can build this.. Iím betting you could!
    Live BRAVE, Live FREE!

+ Reply to Thread