UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MAC 10 newbie asks

MAC 10 newbie asks

Hi Folks
    Firstly you'll have to bear with me for a few weeks as I've no experience whatever of MAC's, reasonably good with guns but just not MAC's so if I ask something dumb that everybody already knows I'm sorry in advance.
    I've ordered Frank Iannamico's book on Gordon Ingram and his guns so hopefully I'll learn a bit more from there.
    Meantime I've got the chance of a F/A 9mm Mac 10 in part settlement of a debt which would be a very good deal for me, I've already got a semi auto UZI so I'd like to convert the MAC to use the same magazines for simplicity,for now it uses single column grease gun mags so the mag well will need changed I'm happy enough to do the work on that myself but I'm not sure about the bolt I need
    I've been looking at FTF's bolts they sell for double column magazines, do they work straight out of the box with UZI mags or do they still require work from somebody like the folks at Practical Solutions to function reliably.
    I'd be interested in any advice on the work and the parts I'll need

UZI Talk Life Member

Welcome. As posted at the top of the forum, the search feature is your friend. There was a thread not that long ago about the Uzi magwell conversion. To be clear, is the M10 open bolt semiautomatic or is it a registered receiver machinegun? If it is a RR machinegun, while you are waiting for the transfer, the current owner could ship the M10 to Sam at Practical Solutions. Not only could he do the magwell conversion (the bolt must also be modified as the Uzi magwell sits higher), he could also check function to make sure that the gun runs 100%. There was a thread a while ago as to doing the conversion. I don't know as I would bother converting a semiautomatic. Good luck with your project.

Scott

Firstly thanks for your reply, the MAC is a RR gun as far as I know, as I said above its been offered at a very good price but both of our businesses are struggling at the moment, his more than mine, but neither of us have a big gun buget at the moment. I'll dig into older threads when I get time, but the one thing I'd like to nail down is whether the bolt sold by FTF Industries works with UZI mags or still needs work by Practical solutions. I've emailed them to ask but no reply so far.
    Thanks Lou

UZI Talk Life Member

First, I am sorry that I had missed that the gun is a RR machinegun. I have bought several of the FTF bolts. For use with the Uzi magwell conversion, I posted above that since the Uzi mag sits higher than the standard magazine. The double feed magazine must sit higher because the round at the top is still contained inside the magazine. A single feed magazine has part of the top round above the feed lips. So to use a FTF or any other brand of bolt standard single feed bolt, the bolt must have additional clearance machined on either side of the chamber because the Uzi mag must sit higher to have the bolt push the rounds out of the magazine. The Uzi magwell is a conversion. No original manufacturer used Uzi magwells in production.

Like I said there was a member that wanted details of the Uzi magwell conversion and documented how they did the conversion. The last I knew Sam changes $400 for the complete Uzi magwell conversion including the machine work on the bolt and a refinish. No matter what you pay for the M10, it does have a market value of around $7,000, unless it is an original Texas gun. Good luck with your project.

Scott

Thanks for a most helpful reply, I hadn't realised MAC's had become so expensive lately, I dont like to gouge anyone in difficulty so maybe have to renegotiate

+ Reply to Thread