UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: South African R6 Help

South African R6 Help

I have a 11 South African Galil barrel. I was wanting to know would a Israeli SAR Galil work with this barrel? Maybe Im wrong here please correct me if a I am but isn't the gas tube a different length on the R6 as comparison to the R5 or are they the same?.

Yes, you are correct, The R6 has a shorter gas tube and piston than the R5.

You can find a lot of answers to your questions in the 100+ page strong South African R Series thread. Here is the sizes comparisons of gas tubes and pistons on the R -Series rifle.
    Attached Images    

Marcus,

I would like to see your barrel markings on your SA 11" barrel. Any way you can put pictures and close up of any stampings? Lou

Hopefully I will get it! I bought it off Gunbroker! I have purchase a many items from there but this is first time I think I have problems. I will know in about 10 days.. If and when comes I will post the pics

Quote Originally Posted by marcus5 View Post
    Hopefully I will get it! I bought it off Gunbroker! I have purchase a many items from there but this is first time I think I have problems. I will know in about 10 days.. If and when comes I will post the pics
    I know what you're talking about... still waiting for mine almost two months later!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruddiger View Post
    I know what you're talking about... still waiting for mine almost two months later!
    Did you get the $249 barrel? I paid $300 for the 11" R6 barrel.

Did you get the $249 barrel? I paid $300 for the 11" R6 barrel.
    If you bought it from Sidearm2020 I wouldn't hold your breath.
    That guy is a POS. I bought barrels from him and they were all toast despite being listed as "very good". Refused to refund me, sent me a box of junk instead to compensate. I've heard he takes months to ship if he ships at all.

That’s him!! Damnit! Am screwed!

That’s him!! Damnit! Am screwed!
    Marcus5, Sorry to hear that. Keep us informed how it turns out. I would like to see the pics of the barrel when and if you get it. Best of luck.

Well I never got the barrel and I got my refund by PayPal today!

I got one from the same source and its not an R6 barrel as it was described - its a cut down Galil Barrel. I've been sitting on it for a while as its really not great condition and I haven't decided if I should just make an R6 barrel out of a new mfg Galil barrel.

Wow, that’s the guy who jerked me around on the micro Galil handguard a few months ago. I usually don’t post stuff openly about individuals, it was only like $50, but the guy is a straight up grifter. I live on the north side of Atlanta and he’s “supposedly” on the south side of Atlanta in Jonesboro. So as bad as the mail delivery is, it doesn’t take 2 weeks to get mail from the south side to the north side of Atlanta. First after 2 weeks of waiting, since I used buy it now, I didn’t get any reply or anything delivered. No reply’s to anything, total ghosting. Then said he shipped it, got tracking number that was used for multiple other peoples orders. Then somehow, it got delivered to different customer address, cause he mixed up addresses. Offers to send another one, then nothing again. Guy then says he’s done everything possible to correct the issue and I’m the unreasonable one. I was VERY reasonable. Said he’d meet and give it to me. I Turned that down!!! Because based on his behavior at that point, I guarantee he would not have shown up and come up with some other excuse. Then got money back after I legally notified him that if the funds were not returned or I receive a no response by specific time and date, that he left me no recourse other than to file with USPS for mail fraud.
    Last edited by dubagel; 08-20-2020 at 06:45 AM.

It took 10 weeks to ship, and the barrel is junk. Buyer beware.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruddiger View Post
    It took 10 weeks to ship, and the barrel is junk. Buyer beware.
    People keep buying his stuff. With all the bad reviews why does Gunbroke just close his account?

+ Reply to Thread