UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lage Mac 11/22 mag fix

Iíve done a lot and I mean a lot of testing with the 22 conversion kit and what Iíve find out in regards to spring strength is :
    1. The spring is fine from the factory; however, it losses strength fairly fast.

2. I think thereís a balance in spring strength. By that I mean if the mag is over sprung itís likely to cause problems (more friction) and under sprung the rounds will be slow to rise (failing to chamber).

3. If the mags are dirty then the spring balance can be off.

4. I personally believe that a weaker spring makes it easier for rim lock. While loading the round itís more likely to jump over the previous rounds rim.

5. My solution has worked great and I still can get 40 rounds in the mag. However, the spring is getting weaker in my magazines; therefore, Iíll have to increase the straw size and sacrifice capacity.

My kit ran great from the factory. Unfortunately, I think your kit will either work or not. You can make adjustments but my opinion is that most people will need to be happy with what they can do and realize itís a 22 conversion kit. Lage stopped making them for a reason. My brother has a kit that we canít get going in his mk2 upper, the barrel freely spins in the trunnion, he has yet to hear back from Lage about it.

Lastly, I would Like to buy another kit to see if I can get two kits to run great or is my kit just a fluke.

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by KickStand View Post
    4. I personally believe that a weaker spring makes it easier for rim lock. While loading the round itís more likely to jump over the previous rounds rim.
    I think is is right.

I have a KelTec CP33 with that weird quadstack.22LR magazine. I also have a Keltec PMR30 in .22 WMR. Both are subject to rimlock and require careful loading and technique. But they both have stronger springs than the Blackdog M11/22 mags.

What I've observed with both of the KelTec mags is that if you over-insert a round or or push down either end of the cartridge more than the other you are likely to create rimlock and it may be a cartridge 1, 2 or 3 rounds deep. You may hear a click and all of the sudden the next round requires a lot of force and presentation angle isn't right. Then you unload to correct it and it may not be the round you just loaded.

Strong consistent spring pressure is probably a good thing here.
    My name is actually Scott and I really do live in Texas.

I know, not very creative but it is factual.

By the way - Facebook is truly evil; resist the urge to participate.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood886 View Post
    The tldr version of above, my kit sucked, I made a 3d printed part to fix the mags, my kits rocks now. You want one pm me.

The straw and what I've made are doing similar things. Mine doesn't wear out as it's made of petg which is pretty strong and gives more spring pressure than what the straw is gonna given.
    I'd like to see a photo of the thingy you made please.

Debated on if I should provide a photo or not as I'm sure it would be easily replicated but have decided to provide them. If someone is gonna go through the work of copying the design they'll have to go through all the same trials I did to get to the correct amount of spring pressure. https://imgur.com/gallery/Ie4RikQ

UZI Talk Supporter
    Thanks. I was just curious. Good luck with your sales. I do not indend to try to copy it.
    Last edited by PDXsparky; 09-07-2020 at 03:34 PM.

I would like one.

I'll send you a pm.

+ Reply to Thread