UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Knob Creek vendors

Knob Creek vendors

Obviously this years fall shoot is cancelled which gives me a little more time to save but post Covid once things are back to normal which MAC vendors turn up there, mainly interested in Practical solutions and FTF but anyone really ?

None of these, there are a few vendors that specialize in macs. Usually odd parts and mags and vendors selling the entire guns for top dollar. Last year, One non Mac vendor had semi lowers by the case m11 and m12 lowers. That appeared to be a one time opportunity buy for them.

Quote Originally Posted by gun.bro View Post
    None of these, there are a few vendors that specialize in macs. Usually odd parts and mags and vendors selling the entire guns for top dollar. Last year, One non Mac vendor had semi lowers by the case m11 and m12 lowers. That appeared to be a one time opportunity buy for them.
    I wish I would have seen that. Oh well.

Thanks, thats the end of that plan

Quote Originally Posted by gun.bro View Post

There was a guy I ran into who bought every part to build a 380 semi.. even an oem magazine- AT THAT SHOW.
    Last edited by gun.bro; 09-07-2020 at 09:40 AM.

There's a lot of beef jerkey and t-shirt vendors there now. It's not like it used to be but I still go every time.

UZI Talk Supporter
    I can't say how it was a long time ago, I can say I see stuff there I've never seen anywhere else over the couple times I've been in the last 5 years.

If you're into shooting, and especially if you have broad interest in military history / US military and guns in general, there will be some stuff there that will get your antenna up.

Used to go quite regularly years ago but a combination of ammo prices, divorce and funding two daughters put a stop to that, hopefully next year I'll be back if theres no more surprises

a good story from that show: I was talking to Curtis Higgins of S&H who remembers early mid 1990's you could have bought as many mac10/11 as you wanted for $200 apiece. He said that the guy selling them had a pallet of them piled as high as they could stack.

Nobody wanted to spend the extra $200 on the tax stamps on such cheap guns! LOL

I think The Creek is slowly dying. The building is improving, but the rest of it seems to whither a bit more every year. The last time we ended up with more "Unobtanium" from connections, or the guys out by the road. It's still fun, and the Covid shutdown SUCKS, but it's disheartening to see it get a little smaller every year.

How is Big Sandy?

UZI Talk Supporter
    Has it always been 2x per year?

Quote Originally Posted by Starvingboy View Post
    I think The Creek is slowly dying. The building is improving, but the rest of it seems to whither a bit more every year. The last time we ended up with more "Unobtanium" from connections, or the guys out by the road. It's still fun, and the Covid shutdown SUCKS, but it's disheartening to see it get a little smaller every year.

How is Big Sandy?
    I think KCR is requiring more and more from the vendors, such as higher insurance coverages and things that cost more to put a booth there..

Never been to KCR, but Big Sandy struck me as more of a shooter's event. Not a lot of vendors and it seemed to be more shooters than spectators even. Everyone literally brings everything they need for a weekend in the desert and camps out for 3 days. Miles and hours away from anything it makes for incredible milky way viewing.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B393F3ZJ...=1qf4z80drcdui

UZI Talk Life Member

Collecting machineguns is dying. Prices continue to rise faster than inflation. It would seem to me that someone would need to be in the upper middle class to afford a HK sear at $30,000. Compared to other $30,000 toys, machineguns can't be financed in the usual way. If you don't make the payments, the finance company cannot repossess it. So an unsecured loan or a loan for something else like refinancing a home would be about the only way to finance a machinegun. So for most buyers, they need to have cash upfront. The number of transferable machineguns is slowly going down while the number of potential buyers is going up. That would tend to continue pushing prices up.

I remember during the 2009/2010 downturn so many said that machinegun prices softened so this is as high as prices were going to go. The economy turned around, there was a panic after Sandy hook, and a change in the requirements to transfer and by 2015 prices had doubled on stuff like M16s and HK sears. Prices have again softened somewhat. Once the pandemic is over I would expect prices to continue to rise. At $7,000 for a MAC style RR and innovations coming prices will tend to rise. I would think that machinegun collectors would tend to fall into two categories. The first would be an older guy that bought way back when things were cheap. A lot of guys in this category would not be able to replace what they have at current market value. Of course this group is going away. The other group would be younger guys with a great paying job that can afford to pay cash. YMMV.

Scott

UZI Talk Supporter
    If prices are rising, I agree the collecting would be dying, but wouldn't that mean more overall individual owners as most just own one?
    Last edited by Gaujo; 09-11-2020 at 05:44 PM.

+ Reply to Thread