UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max 11/15 Cry Havoc setups done.

Max 11/15 Cry Havoc setups done.

Got my handguards and everything set now. 20” setup, 300, and the oem barrel. Just finished the 300 tonight, hopefully get some time to try it out tomorrow. I have had the kit for quite a while but was waiting on my other Mac and a handful of cans to come back (6 months was wait from late Feb check cash btw) However, the 20” I have had plenty of time with and it runs even better than how it did with the included barrel guessing break-in, gas block, barrel or a combo? That setup likes any mag, it’s not picky at all, fixed block ballistic advantage performance 20”. Yes this eliminates a need for another 11/15 but I’m still ordering a 2nd kit and just leaving in the box to have. Can’t have enough Lage stuff right? Lol. These setups I couldn’t be happier with, going to hold off another year on acquiring an M16. Instead I’m doing an HK23E $ of a build on my nismo for the quest of a 7-8 sec street car
    Attached Images      
    Last edited by evo911; 09-07-2020 at 03:43 AM.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Need more info.

Very sweet man, thanks for sharing. Let us know how it holds up to all the full auto fire.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Needs this for the baby Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Knife Wounds View Post
    Very sweet man, thanks for sharing. Let us know how it holds up to all the full auto fire.
    I have about 1500 through the 20Ē so far and running perfect. I only run brass canít vouch for steel use.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Great set up! If we could please letís see it in action!
    Live BRAVE, Live FREE!

Any modifications needed? Also what is that attached to the 20 inch set up on the bottom on the chamber side?
    Would like to add you must have some long arms to reach that vertical grip on the 20 inch at the very end!

UZI Talk Supporter
    I think the grip on the 20in is a bipod. That’s how I use mine anyway.
    Ballpark on what this setup cost?
    And yes I need this for my baby Mac also.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Good job. Looks like that will be fun.

Baby MAC for the win.

I only use the gripod for it's bipod (had it here from another rifle already). I need to get a good bipod setup for it yet. the other thing toward the receiver is a KNS mount for my MG3 tripod's. The mlok covers are also useless on this and i plan to remove them. It can get so hot that those even burn to grip the rifle lol. i didn't intend to hold the 20" as it's quite heavy with a 100 surefire in it. Cost, for the kits i got right from Jim's website https://cryhavoctac.com/ Since this was a first for him and myself he worked with me on the phone a bit to make sure his kit would work 100% with the 11/15 in which it did. You want the 2-pin kit over any of the others. He is selling the snot out of these right now but if anyone is interested I'm sure he can let me/us know ahead of time before he removes the sold out notice on his site. I just looked and i spent $880, that included the main mount for the receiver and 3 handguard/barrel mounts with the specified gas tubes you need, they have a tapered edge on the end that fits into another piece inside the receiver end. Hand guards you must pick something with a flat mount to it. Anything that sleeves over a traditional AR receiver in any way wont work unless you trim it down first. Also the Lancer hand guard did not get along with the pistol length gas tube in my 300 setup, so i had to trim down the handguard's star nut at the notch where the gas tube had to go through. The 2 pin was a stipulation that the Air Force had to ensure the rifle could not be assembled incorrectly at all no matter what which is why he has multiple styles to offer.

Going out tomorrow with all 3 including me dorking around with a macjack and an sk upper in my other M11 just because i wanted to try it lol. Favorite setup was Max11 MK2 over 31MK2 and 11/15, but this kit has made me prefer the 11/15 now. Since installing have had 0 issues (not saying I had a bad experience with the 11/15 what so ever, it was just picky on what mags I used maybe because new?) so far it’s accepted even the shittiest poly mag I have here since I made the change, maybe a combo of fixed gas block and different barrel. Prior i would get ftf’s on almost every poly mag which is why I went out and got so many surefires. Hand stop I had there as an easy place to grab and move the rifle, that’s gone now screws got hot as hell lol
    Attached Images    
    Last edited by evo911; 09-07-2020 at 03:24 AM.

UZI Talk Life Member

Congratulations, it looks like a nice set up. Something Vegas showed me about the tripod, if you put the pin and reverse the mount, that will limit the elevation of the mount. I found that very handy using my water cooled upper. The rig would rest at a 20 or 30 degree angle. The rig was very heavy, especially with over a gallon and a half of water in it. Tipping back and resting was a good position to fill with water.

Scott

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by A&S Conversions View Post
    Congratulations, it looks like a nice set up. Something Vegas showed me about the tripod, if you put the pin and reverse the mount, that will limit the elevation of the mount. I found that very handy using my water cooled upper. The rig would rest at a 20 or 30 degree angle. The rig was very heavy, especially with over a gallon and a half of water in it. Tipping back and resting was a good position to fill with water.

Scott
    Scott is right. I only set up mine up the reverse way just to make sure people can’t shoot over my berm when set up

Thankyou guys for the tip that is a great idea, I will try that today!

Quote Originally Posted by TheColtCollector View Post
    Scott is right. I only set up mine up the reverse way just to make sure people can’t shoot over my berm when set up
    Well weather today gave me a limited window of time. I did get some video of the 300 setup. It didn't want to fully cycle until the mag was at about 20 rounds. I was using some heavy rounds though (240gr) I would end up with an empty closed bolt about every 1-2 rounds. Was using PMAG 30rd AR300 B GEN M3 magazines. Cyclic rate was fantastic with the heavy stuff if i had to guess around 600rpm and that was with a Silencerco Chimera.

+ Reply to Thread